Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Ninja Template -PVM-

8 replies to this topic

-Uorya-

-Uorya-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello i'm new, i created a ninja for pve for now i got
Archery, bushido, chivalry, healing, tactics, respell, anatomy, focus, meditation ninjitsu, hiding
I know most of them are wrong, please tellme what i've to delete and what i've to add

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Welcome to UO. There are tons of different ninja templates to choose out there. Remember you only have 700 total skill points as a new character. After 4 years you'll go up to 120 having increased by 5 each year leading up to it. As for a basic setup here's what I might recommend. And I'm sure other members will post other templates for you to choose and perhaps mix and match from.

Ninjitsu 100
hiding 100
stealth 100
swords/fencing/macing 100
tactics 100
healing 100
anatomy 100

That will give you 700 total points but keep in mind you may want to have some means of travel. This is usually by magery for casters or chivalry for warriors. Also, with chivalry you can use enemy of one and consecrate weapon to really do some major damage. If you throw bushido into the mix, you can honor your targets for up to an additional %100 damage. If you want to be a stealther youll need to have both hiding and stealthing skills. But to be a ninja doesnt mean that you need to do that. In that case I might suggest loosing the hiding and stealth and pick up bushido and chivalry.

If you like archery you can stay with that. I only recommend that you pick up a melee skill so that you can optimize your damage output and swing speed. There are lots of stealth archers out there however this template is more geared toward PvP. If your hunting monsters you want to really focus on damage output.

Having resist spells kind of goes without saying when your fighting spell casters, however you may also choose to hunt non casting monsters for a while until you maybe build up another character like a mage or warrior.

There are lots of skill enhancing jewels and artifact armor pieces that can boost the skills of a ninja. For example you could get shadow dancer leggings, cloak of silence, burglars bandana(for the stealth thief), and also imbued jewels that can raise pretty much any skill you like by up to 15 points on each piece. I have a ninja temp with a lot of these skill enhanced items and he has a total of about 795 skill points. His template uses poisoning, this can be quite useful against monsters but pretty much useless in PvP.

Think about what it is you'd like to do exactly with this char and that will help you with choosing the right skills and template. Again welcome to UO and good luck with your first ninja.

-Uorya-

-Uorya-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Welcome to UO. There are tons of different ninja templates to choose out there. Remember you only have 700 total skill points as a new character. After 4 years you'll go up to 120 having increased by 5 each year leading up to it. As for a basic setup here's what I might recommend. And I'm sure other members will post other templates for you to choose and perhaps mix and match from.

Ninjitsu 100
hiding 100
stealth 100
swords/fencing/macing 100
tactics 100
healing 100
anatomy 100

That will give you 700 total points but keep in mind you may want to have some means of travel. This is usually by magery for casters or chivalry for warriors. Also, with chivalry you can use enemy of one and consecrate weapon to really do some major damage. If you throw bushido into the mix, you can honor your targets for up to an additional %100 damage. If you want to be a stealther youll need to have both hiding and stealthing skills. But to be a ninja doesnt mean that you need to do that. In that case I might suggest loosing the hiding and stealth and pick up bushido and chivalry.

If you like archery you can stay with that. I only recommend that you pick up a melee skill so that you can optimize your damage output and swing speed. There are lots of stealth archers out there however this template is more geared toward PvP. If your hunting monsters you want to really focus on damage output.

Having resist spells kind of goes without saying when your fighting spell casters, however you may also choose to hunt non casting monsters for a while until you maybe build up another character like a mage or warrior.

There are lots of skill enhancing jewels and artifact armor pieces that can boost the skills of a ninja. For example you could get shadow dancer leggings, cloak of silence, burglars bandana(for the stealth thief), and also imbued jewels that can raise pretty much any skill you like by up to 15 points on each piece. I have a ninja temp with a lot of these skill enhanced items and he has a total of about 795 skill points. His template uses poisoning, this can be quite useful against monsters but pretty much useless in PvP.

Think about what it is you'd like to do exactly with this char and that will help you with choosing the right skills and template. Again welcome to UO and good luck with your first ninja.

thanks for answer, i've decided to make a pvm char ( i hate pvm but i think i'll need to do it in the beginning to make some cash )
my skills right now are
Resisting spells 100
Archery 85
Anatomy 88
Focus (?) 82 ( i'm deleting this )
Healing 42 ( i need this if i put chivalry? someone told me i can heal only with chivalry and bandages are useless, maybe you can tell me more about it?)
Tactics 70
Bushido 40 ( how i macro this? )
Chivalry 40 ( how i macro this? )
Ninjitsu 51 ( how i macro thi? )
Hiding 50 ( i'm deleting this )
_______
Maybe this is good as template for pvm?
Archery, Respell, Anatomy, Tactics, Chivalry, Ninjitsu, Bushido

Another thing, what about stats? i need more str? or dex as archer? and int?
now i got 119 str 74 dex 41 int

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Dang! I just spent 2 hours typing a detailed guide for you and when I went to post it I had gotten logged out and lost the whole thing. I will repost it in a little bit. This time I'm gonna type in in word and copy it. What a pain the the @ss!!

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Oh where to begin, I seriously spent about 2 hours typing a very detailed guide specifically for you. Well, here goes.

First I’ll say that I am going to give you what I think would be the best template for you as far as an archer PvM character. There is actually a name that most players refer to this template by and that is “the ABC Archer.” The ABC archer is called that because it uses Archery, Bushido and Chivalry as its main components. Your other skill choices are open but for the most part you will be using also Tactics, Anatomy, Healing and Resisting Spells.

Next I will give you a breakdown of the skills on the template; what they do exactly in terms of game mechanics, how they work together and what spells or special moves you will most likely be using. Oh, and by the way, whoever told you that bandages are useless and the only way to heal is to use chivalry really needs to figure out exactly what game he’s referring to because it’s definitely not UO. That is false information that he gave you. Just so you know, you can use chivalry, healing, magery, mysticism, spellweaving, spirit speak, heal potions and life leech on weapons all as sources of healing in this game.

OK, now for the skill breakdown…

Archery: Your skill determines your chance to hit, especially up against higher end monsters. When you make enough gold and have a chance to find one, you will want to get a power scroll for archery that will take it above the 100 point raw skill cap. There are also power scrolls for 105, 110, and 115. If you are able to get your hands on any of them, take what you can get until you get the 120.

Healing and Anatomy sort of go hand in hand…

Healing: Your skill determines the success chance of healing, curing poison or attempting to resurrect a dead player. Your skill in healing also determines how many hit points are healed. The speed at which you heal is directly correlated with your dexterity. I will get into your stat breakdown later.

Anatomy: Anatomy is a dual purpose skill.
In conjunction with healing it enables you to heal more hit points, cure poison and resurrect dead players. You must have 60+ skill points in both healing and anatomy to cure poison. You must have 80+ skill points in both healing and anatomy to resurrect dead players.
Anatomy also increases that amount of base damage that your character can inflict on monsters. Every 10 points in anatomy adds a 5% increase to your base damage output. At 100 skill you will have a 55% increase and at 120 a 65% increase. This does not count toward the 300% damage increase cap against monsters that can be reached. I will explain that with more detail later.
Here is a quick look at what you will heal in terms of hit points with and without anatomy.
Healing 100, Anatomy 0 = 19-43
Healing 100, Anatomy 100 = 36-60
Healing and Anatomy 120 = 43-70
There are also Enhanced Bandages that are made by putting regular bandies into what’s called a Fountain of Life. This is a house add-on which was part of the 8th anniversary collection and you can also get one by choosing it as your reward through the use of a Heritage Token. Enhanced Bandages add +10 skill to your healing. For example at 110 healing and 120 anatomy you would still heal between 43-70 hit points. You may find a heritage token on vendors for about 400k gold. Or sometimes you’ll find a vendor that sells enhanced bandies. Try asking around in general chat for someone who can help you with that. Regular bandies will work just fine for the time being as well until you can get a little more established.

Tactics: This skill how much of your base damage you can inflict upon your opponents. The formula is your skill in Tactics + 50%. At 0 skill your base damage output is 50%, half of what it could be. At 100 you will have 150% base damage. At 120, you’ll have 170% base damage increase. What this means exactly is, you will see a base damage number on every weapon. If you apply the percentage increase that you get from both tactics and anatomy, that will give you a range of damage that you can expect from the weapon that you are using. For example, if you have 120 anatomy and 120 tactics, that gives you a total of a 235% increase to your base damage output. If you are using a composite bow which has a weapon damage rating of 13-17 then you will see on your status menu that you can actually do 30-40 damage. Again these percentages do not count toward the 300% damage increase cap that can inflict upon monsters.
Tactics also enables you to execute special moves using your weapons. At 70 skill in both Tactics and Archery you can execute your primary special move. At 90 skill in both you can execute both your primary and secondary special moves. You will at least have to run 90 points in order to get the use of your specials, but the extra base damage also comes in very handy when fighting monsters.

Resisting Spells: This skill lessens the effect and duration of spells that are not direct damage spells. For example a flame strike will still do the same amount of damage to you but weaken will only cause your strength to drop a few points and it won’t last very long. It is all dependent on the casters magery/evaluate intelligence or necromancy/spirit speak in conjunction with your resisting spells skill.

Bushido: This is a great skill. You will only use 3 out of the 6 skills that bushido offers but you also are able to reap the benefits of the perfection system using honor. I will explain this first then give a quick description of the 3 spells you’ll be using. The perfection system is activated when you engage in honorable combat. Though your virtue gump, which is located by clicking the icon at the top of your paperdoll, you can invoke the honor virtue and then click on a monster to engage in honorable combat. Once you honor your opponent you will gain in perfection with each successful hit and lose a little each time you miss. Perfection grants a damage increase up to +100% once you reach perfection against that monster. There will be an on screen message indicating when you reach perfection. This is pretty much the most important reason why bushido is used in the template. This damage increase is applied to the 300% cap that you can reach against monsters.
Now for the spells.
Confidence: when you exude confidence you will quickly regain hit points and stamina for a short period of time. This skill works in conjunction with parrying as with each successful parry while in confidence you will regain extra hit points and stamina. This is something that you won’t be using as parrying does not work with ranged weapons.
Evade: this move is also connected to the parry skill. When you use evade you increase your chance of parrying. Again this isn’t important to you, but what is the fact that you are also able to completely block a direct damage spell such as a fireball or flame strike. Once in a while this move comes in handy but you won’t use it a lot.
Lightning Strike: this move gives you a 50% bonus to your hit chance. Hit Chance Increase is capped at 45% but if you are under the effect of a hit lower attack special move then it will aid you in that instance. That isn’t really the good part of using lightning strike however. Most high end suits tend to incorporate 45% hit chance increase already so the real reason why lightning strike is used is because it increases your chance of a critical hit. Critical hits do much more damage than regular ones. I’m not sure of the exact formula on that. When you’re starting out though and don’t have a suit with the full 45% hit chance increase on it this move will help you to reach perfection against enemies that you have engaged honorable combat with.

Chivalry: Before I get into the details on the spells you’ll be using it is important to know that with Chivalry, your skill only determines your success chance of casting, not the effect and duration. Karma is what determines the effect and duration of Chivalry spells. You will only really need 60 points in Chivalry to do what you need to do with the skill. Now I will tell you the Chivalry spells you’ll be using the most.
Enemy of One: this enables you to do +50% damage to whatever type of monster you hit next after casting the spell. Keep in mind though that you will be taking 100% extra damage from every other monster type. Be careful what and where you are hunting.
Consecrate Weapon: this spell will enchant your weapon with the ability to recognize the weakest resist of the monster you are hitting and it will automatically do that damage type. For example, if you are fighting a fire elemental, you weapon will do cold damage as this is a fire elementals most vulnerable resist. There is a lot of info on monsters and what their attributes are on both uoguide.com and uo.stratics.com. Actually I highly suggest that you read up on things there. Those two websites have given me a wealth of knowledge about the game and I have even pulled some of the info that I’m telling you from there.
Divine Fury: use this spell sparingly, but use it if you need it. This spell will give a slight bonus to your swing speed increase, damage increase and hit chance increase and it will fully replenish your stamina. But, it will also lower your defense chance by 20%. It can come in useful at times but what you should really do is carry total refresh potions. These work much better as they totally refill your stamina and it doesn’t cause you lose 20% of your defense chance increase.
Sacred Journey: this spell quite similar to magery’s recall spell. You can cast it to recall off of marked runes to different locations. However, in order to actually mark your own runes you will need a mage. You can sometimes find people to mark runes for you but sometimes this is a pain in the butt to do. You may want to try to at least get a couple for your favorite hunting spots or your favorite Inn. If you have a house you can mark that as well. Don’t forget to insure your runes too.
Remove Curse: you may find this spell to come in useful when fighting casting monsters. This spell will remove any time-based negative effect spell that has been casted on you.

That about does it for the basic skill breakdown of the ABC Archer. Here is what your skills should look like for a basic build of this template:

Archery 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Tactics 100
Bushido 100
Chivalry 100
Resist Spells 100

If and when you are able to get some power scrolls, you can drop your Chivalry and raise everything else. I have a character that is an ABC archer and his skills look something like this:
Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Healing 110 (I use enhanced bandies to get 120)
Tactics 90 (enough to use both special moves)
Bushido 120
Chivalry 60
Resist Spells 100

The account I have this character on is over 4 years old which enables you to have 720 total skill points. Each year you’ll get an additional 5 skill points added to your total capping at 720.

As a quick note on your question about macros for Bushido and Chivalry, you should put all the spells that I listed for each skill somewhere comfortable for you on your keyboard. Don’t forget to include one for invoke virtue->honor. I usually put the heat-of-the-moment skills at my finger tips and things like honor, sacred journey, and enemy of one a bit further as they not as important while fighting.

Alright, now comes the part about the 300% damage increase against monsters. As I said before, the percentage of increase that you get from both tactics and anatomy will affect your base damage output. The 300% can come from several sources added to reach it. Those sources are; items (armor, weapons, talismans), the perfection system using honor in conjunction with bushido, enemy of one, slayer weapons, and having anything up and beyond 100 strength as part of your stats ( this can be reached by using potions). Your items including armor, weapons, talismans or anything that goes on your paperdoll can reach a cap of 100% damage increase. With perfection, you can reach another 100% for 200% total. Enemy of One adds another 50% to the mix. You’re now at 250%. I’m not exactly sure of the mechanics behind slayers in terms of damage increase by % but I do know that if you have 100% on your suit, 100% from perfection, 50% from Enemy of One, and a 5% bonus for anything above 100 strength and you use a slayer, you’re definitely above the 300% mark. Casting consecrate weapon and using special moves and lightning strike will cause you to then do absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage.

As far as your stat management, your beginning stats in the game total 230. You then will get another 5 as a reward for your account reaching 6 months of age. Like power scrolls for skills, there are also power scrolls for stats. They come in 5, 10, 15 and 20 point flavors. The most stats you can have is 255. I will assume that you are at least 6 months old in the game for the breakdown I’m about to give you. If not just drop the points off of intelligence.

Your dexterity should be as high as it can get. The raw stat cap is 125. You can then boost that number by using special armor and jewels to reach an enhanced cap of 150. Dexterity is your number one stat attribute as an archer and a healer. It enables you to swing fast and apply bandies fast.

Your strength should be the next highest stat. I’d shoot for 90 right now which would leave you with 20 left over for intelligence. If you are an elf you get a 20 point mana bonus. If you’re not elf already I would suggest doing the human to elf quest. You can find info on that at uoguide.com. You can use armor and jewels to add lower mana cost (capped at 40%), mana increase, mana regeneration (capped at 18) and intelligence bonus (capped at whatever gets you to 150 intelligence). You can also use weapons that have hit mana leech to help replenish your mana which you will need for special moves and casting spells.

So with all that being said your stats will look like this to start:
Strength 90
Dexterity 125
Intelligence 20

These numbers may change depending on what your suit looks like. I can help you out with this in another post as it is a completely different but related topic. A full template includes skills, stats, armor, and weapons and sometimes even mounts. If you end up with a jewel set that gives you 50% enhance potions then you might drop your dex and strength a little as you can then reach the cap of 150 on each and dump some more points into mana. Try to see if you can find yourself one of those stat scrolls, just FYI though a 20 point scroll usually runs about 4 or 5 million gold in Luna. Hey I was wondering too, what shard are you on? I may even be able to help you out with some of this stuff in the game. I’m on Legends. Let me know and if you have any questions about anything that I’ve written in here for you please don’t hesitate to ask. Also, take my advice and go to both uoguide.com and uo.stratics.com and read up on whatever strikes your fancy there. You may find that you’re able to answer most of your own questions by reading what’s on there. Good luck and talk to ya soon.

-Uorya-

-Uorya-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Oh where to begin, I seriously spent about 2 hours typing a very detailed guide specifically for you. Well, here goes.

First I’ll say that I am going to give you what I think would be the best template for you as far as an archer PvM character. There is actually a name that most players refer to this template by and that is “the ABC Archer.” The ABC archer is called that because it uses Archery, Bushido and Chivalry as its main components. Your other skill choices are open but for the most part you will be using also Tactics, Anatomy, Healing and Resisting Spells.

Next I will give you a breakdown of the skills on the template; what they do exactly in terms of game mechanics, how they work together and what spells or special moves you will most likely be using. Oh, and by the way, whoever told you that bandages are useless and the only way to heal is to use chivalry really needs to figure out exactly what game he’s referring to because it’s definitely not UO. That is false information that he gave you. Just so you know, you can use chivalry, healing, magery, mysticism, spellweaving, spirit speak, heal potions and life leech on weapons all as sources of healing in this game.

OK, now for the skill breakdown…

Archery: Your skill determines your chance to hit, especially up against higher end monsters. When you make enough gold and have a chance to find one, you will want to get a power scroll for archery that will take it above the 100 point raw skill cap. There are also power scrolls for 105, 110, and 115. If you are able to get your hands on any of them, take what you can get until you get the 120.

Healing and Anatomy sort of go hand in hand…

Healing: Your skill determines the success chance of healing, curing poison or attempting to resurrect a dead player. Your skill in healing also determines how many hit points are healed. The speed at which you heal is directly correlated with your dexterity. I will get into your stat breakdown later.

Anatomy: Anatomy is a dual purpose skill.
In conjunction with healing it enables you to heal more hit points, cure poison and resurrect dead players. You must have 60+ skill points in both healing and anatomy to cure poison. You must have 80+ skill points in both healing and anatomy to resurrect dead players.
Anatomy also increases that amount of base damage that your character can inflict on monsters. Every 10 points in anatomy adds a 5% increase to your base damage output. At 100 skill you will have a 55% increase and at 120 a 65% increase. This does not count toward the 300% damage increase cap against monsters that can be reached. I will explain that with more detail later.
Here is a quick look at what you will heal in terms of hit points with and without anatomy.
Healing 100, Anatomy 0 = 19-43
Healing 100, Anatomy 100 = 36-60
Healing and Anatomy 120 = 43-70
There are also Enhanced Bandages that are made by putting regular bandies into what’s called a Fountain of Life. This is a house add-on which was part of the 8th anniversary collection and you can also get one by choosing it as your reward through the use of a Heritage Token. Enhanced Bandages add +10 skill to your healing. For example at 110 healing and 120 anatomy you would still heal between 43-70 hit points. You may find a heritage token on vendors for about 400k gold. Or sometimes you’ll find a vendor that sells enhanced bandies. Try asking around in general chat for someone who can help you with that. Regular bandies will work just fine for the time being as well until you can get a little more established.

Tactics: This skill how much of your base damage you can inflict upon your opponents. The formula is your skill in Tactics + 50%. At 0 skill your base damage output is 50%, half of what it could be. At 100 you will have 150% base damage. At 120, you’ll have 170% base damage increase. What this means exactly is, you will see a base damage number on every weapon. If you apply the percentage increase that you get from both tactics and anatomy, that will give you a range of damage that you can expect from the weapon that you are using. For example, if you have 120 anatomy and 120 tactics, that gives you a total of a 235% increase to your base damage output. If you are using a composite bow which has a weapon damage rating of 13-17 then you will see on your status menu that you can actually do 30-40 damage. Again these percentages do not count toward the 300% damage increase cap that can inflict upon monsters.
Tactics also enables you to execute special moves using your weapons. At 70 skill in both Tactics and Archery you can execute your primary special move. At 90 skill in both you can execute both your primary and secondary special moves. You will at least have to run 90 points in order to get the use of your specials, but the extra base damage also comes in very handy when fighting monsters.

Resisting Spells: This skill lessens the effect and duration of spells that are not direct damage spells. For example a flame strike will still do the same amount of damage to you but weaken will only cause your strength to drop a few points and it won’t last very long. It is all dependent on the casters magery/evaluate intelligence or necromancy/spirit speak in conjunction with your resisting spells skill.

Bushido: This is a great skill. You will only use 3 out of the 6 skills that bushido offers but you also are able to reap the benefits of the perfection system using honor. I will explain this first then give a quick description of the 3 spells you’ll be using. The perfection system is activated when you engage in honorable combat. Though your virtue gump, which is located by clicking the icon at the top of your paperdoll, you can invoke the honor virtue and then click on a monster to engage in honorable combat. Once you honor your opponent you will gain in perfection with each successful hit and lose a little each time you miss. Perfection grants a damage increase up to +100% once you reach perfection against that monster. There will be an on screen message indicating when you reach perfection. This is pretty much the most important reason why bushido is used in the template. This damage increase is applied to the 300% cap that you can reach against monsters.
Now for the spells.
Confidence: when you exude confidence you will quickly regain hit points and stamina for a short period of time. This skill works in conjunction with parrying as with each successful parry while in confidence you will regain extra hit points and stamina. This is something that you won’t be using as parrying does not work with ranged weapons.
Evade: this move is also connected to the parry skill. When you use evade you increase your chance of parrying. Again this isn’t important to you, but what is the fact that you are also able to completely block a direct damage spell such as a fireball or flame strike. Once in a while this move comes in handy but you won’t use it a lot.
Lightning Strike: this move gives you a 50% bonus to your hit chance. Hit Chance Increase is capped at 45% but if you are under the effect of a hit lower attack special move then it will aid you in that instance. That isn’t really the good part of using lightning strike however. Most high end suits tend to incorporate 45% hit chance increase already so the real reason why lightning strike is used is because it increases your chance of a critical hit. Critical hits do much more damage than regular ones. I’m not sure of the exact formula on that. When you’re starting out though and don’t have a suit with the full 45% hit chance increase on it this move will help you to reach perfection against enemies that you have engaged honorable combat with.

Chivalry: Before I get into the details on the spells you’ll be using it is important to know that with Chivalry, your skill only determines your success chance of casting, not the effect and duration. Karma is what determines the effect and duration of Chivalry spells. You will only really need 60 points in Chivalry to do what you need to do with the skill. Now I will tell you the Chivalry spells you’ll be using the most.
Enemy of One: this enables you to do +50% damage to whatever type of monster you hit next after casting the spell. Keep in mind though that you will be taking 100% extra damage from every other monster type. Be careful what and where you are hunting.
Consecrate Weapon: this spell will enchant your weapon with the ability to recognize the weakest resist of the monster you are hitting and it will automatically do that damage type. For example, if you are fighting a fire elemental, you weapon will do cold damage as this is a fire elementals most vulnerable resist. There is a lot of info on monsters and what their attributes are on both uoguide.com and uo.stratics.com. Actually I highly suggest that you read up on things there. Those two websites have given me a wealth of knowledge about the game and I have even pulled some of the info that I’m telling you from there.
Divine Fury: use this spell sparingly, but use it if you need it. This spell will give a slight bonus to your swing speed increase, damage increase and hit chance increase and it will fully replenish your stamina. But, it will also lower your defense chance by 20%. It can come in useful at times but what you should really do is carry total refresh potions. These work much better as they totally refill your stamina and it doesn’t cause you lose 20% of your defense chance increase.
Sacred Journey: this spell quite similar to magery’s recall spell. You can cast it to recall off of marked runes to different locations. However, in order to actually mark your own runes you will need a mage. You can sometimes find people to mark runes for you but sometimes this is a pain in the butt to do. You may want to try to at least get a couple for your favorite hunting spots or your favorite Inn. If you have a house you can mark that as well. Don’t forget to insure your runes too.
Remove Curse: you may find this spell to come in useful when fighting casting monsters. This spell will remove any time-based negative effect spell that has been casted on you.

That about does it for the basic skill breakdown of the ABC Archer. Here is what your skills should look like for a basic build of this template:

Archery 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Tactics 100
Bushido 100
Chivalry 100
Resist Spells 100

If and when you are able to get some power scrolls, you can drop your Chivalry and raise everything else. I have a character that is an ABC archer and his skills look something like this:
Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Healing 110 (I use enhanced bandies to get 120)
Tactics 90 (enough to use both special moves)
Bushido 120
Chivalry 60
Resist Spells 100

The account I have this character on is over 4 years old which enables you to have 720 total skill points. Each year you’ll get an additional 5 skill points added to your total capping at 720.

As a quick note on your question about macros for Bushido and Chivalry, you should put all the spells that I listed for each skill somewhere comfortable for you on your keyboard. Don’t forget to include one for invoke virtue->honor. I usually put the heat-of-the-moment skills at my finger tips and things like honor, sacred journey, and enemy of one a bit further as they not as important while fighting.

Alright, now comes the part about the 300% damage increase against monsters. As I said before, the percentage of increase that you get from both tactics and anatomy will affect your base damage output. The 300% can come from several sources added to reach it. Those sources are; items (armor, weapons, talismans), the perfection system using honor in conjunction with bushido, enemy of one, slayer weapons, and having anything up and beyond 100 strength as part of your stats ( this can be reached by using potions). Your items including armor, weapons, talismans or anything that goes on your paperdoll can reach a cap of 100% damage increase. With perfection, you can reach another 100% for 200% total. Enemy of One adds another 50% to the mix. You’re now at 250%. I’m not exactly sure of the mechanics behind slayers in terms of damage increase by % but I do know that if you have 100% on your suit, 100% from perfection, 50% from Enemy of One, and a 5% bonus for anything above 100 strength and you use a slayer, you’re definitely above the 300% mark. Casting consecrate weapon and using special moves and lightning strike will cause you to then do absolutely ridiculous amounts of damage.

As far as your stat management, your beginning stats in the game total 230. You then will get another 5 as a reward for your account reaching 6 months of age. Like power scrolls for skills, there are also power scrolls for stats. They come in 5, 10, 15 and 20 point flavors. The most stats you can have is 255. I will assume that you are at least 6 months old in the game for the breakdown I’m about to give you. If not just drop the points off of intelligence.

Your dexterity should be as high as it can get. The raw stat cap is 125. You can then boost that number by using special armor and jewels to reach an enhanced cap of 150. Dexterity is your number one stat attribute as an archer and a healer. It enables you to swing fast and apply bandies fast.

Your strength should be the next highest stat. I’d shoot for 90 right now which would leave you with 20 left over for intelligence. If you are an elf you get a 20 point mana bonus. If you’re not elf already I would suggest doing the human to elf quest. You can find info on that at uoguide.com. You can use armor and jewels to add lower mana cost (capped at 40%), mana increase, mana regeneration (capped at 18) and intelligence bonus (capped at whatever gets you to 150 intelligence). You can also use weapons that have hit mana leech to help replenish your mana which you will need for special moves and casting spells.

So with all that being said your stats will look like this to start:
Strength 90
Dexterity 125
Intelligence 20

These numbers may change depending on what your suit looks like. I can help you out with this in another post as it is a completely different but related topic. A full template includes skills, stats, armor, and weapons and sometimes even mounts. If you end up with a jewel set that gives you 50% enhance potions then you might drop your dex and strength a little as you can then reach the cap of 150 on each and dump some more points into mana. Try to see if you can find yourself one of those stat scrolls, just FYI though a 20 point scroll usually runs about 4 or 5 million gold in Luna. Hey I was wondering too, what shard are you on? I may even be able to help you out with some of this stuff in the game. I’m on Legends. Let me know and if you have any questions about anything that I’ve written in here for you please don’t hesitate to ask. Also, take my advice and go to both uoguide.com and uo.stratics.com and read up on whatever strikes your fancy there. You may find that you’re able to answer most of your own questions by reading what’s on there. Good luck and talk to ya soon.

first of all thanks for writing this, i'm on europa anyway
thanks for all the infos

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wow what a response.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Yeah it was a rather in depth response eh?! I guess I figure that it helps me to thoroughly understand the game mechanics too by teaching what I've learned. There are so many formulas to UO its kinda crazy sometimes. It takes a while for a new player just to learn about stuff that is a part of the game. It takes even longer for an experienced player to learn all the ins and outs of those things. I like getting into it and being really detailed anyway. Some people give really shallow responses sometimes that are either not easily understood or sometimes a little off topic. I try to think of what else the person should know about if they are asking a certain question. So some people might even say that I respond with too much information, I would say I'm probably guilty of that LOL!!

By the way Uorya, hows the PvM temp coming??

Rabert

Rabert

Grizzled Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Is it still possible to have a poisoned shuriken throwing Stealth-Ninja? What template for that speciality would be recommended?

Reply to this topic