Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tracking and Ninjitsu questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I have a fencer/archer ninja with just 90 healing on it no anatomy. I was testing it out to see how it worked and it works pretty badly. I knew I couldn't res or cure but I was hoping for some decent heals out of it. It heals rather pitifully and so it brings up the question of what to do with 90 extra skill points. I was thinking perhaps of trying tracking out, to increase my deathstrike damage. I know that deathstrike damage has been changed recently, so I am not sure if tracking still improves it or what not. I could go to gm tracking if that is where the damage comes from, but I would prefer to do something along the lines of 40 spellweaving (for a little extra healing since im elf) and 50 tracking. So can anyone clarify how tracking works in conjunction with deathstrike, if it adds any damage and/or if it is worth my time? I am open to any ideas, but I would love to get a form of healing out of these 90 points, even if it's just gift of renewel and attunment.

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I'm pretty sure that how ever much tracking you have will correlate into extra damage still for death strike. Spellweaving would be great because especially when you get a 6 strength circle you can up your healing and attunement effect. Your other option for healing would be to use spirit speak, but I would highly recommend weaving for the sake of still being able to have some decent healing with the use of a 6 str circle at low skill. and dont forget arcane empowerment to increase that a little further. As far as training tracking its really easy. Just keep doing it over and over again. You dont need to actually track anything, the gains come everytime the tracking gump opens. And I would also say that consider what your char purpose is when choosing to use tracking for your ninja. If your PvP you may like having that extra damage output, but if your PvM then you may want to considerer poisoning as it works well against most monsters.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Yah im fully pvp, aside from mayb a decent slayer bow I am designed as a team character. Disarms Dismounts and Deathstrikes if im lucky (usually get runners I can't ever catch).
I just wasn't sure if tracking still worked for deathstrike, I was told to go to 120 stealth for 50 damage ones, but currently due to the tight temp I am 80 stealth, so I hit about 42 on deathstrikes. I was hoping mayb tracking would bump this up a few more points and it would also help me to discover the stealthers that are so common these days.