Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Blacksmith skill > 120 ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
hi all,

i just read about ancient hammers that can give skill bonus points to your current blacksmithing skill.

so if you are at 120 skill level and have a +60 ancient hammer, your total blacksmithing skill would be 180 while using the ancient hammer!!

my question is, are there any weapons/armor that specifically cannot be made without having blacksmithing skill over 120? in other words, what is the benefit of having 120+ blacksmithing skill?

thanks!
Etoh

Uriel

Uriel

Sanity is for the Weak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
It gives better success chance and exceptional chance everything can be made at 120 but not everything is 100% success 100% exceptional
Posted Image

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
too bad... i think it would be nice to have some really nice weapons/armor that can only be made with above 120 blacksmithing skill....

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
You get a better chance at better stats/etc. with higher blacksmithing.

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

too bad... i think it would be nice to have some really nice weapons/armor that can only be made with above 120 blacksmithing skill....

Imagine the prices that Ancient Hammers would suddenly be selling for. :reye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

You get a better chance at better stats/etc. with higher blacksmithing.

if i make platemail arms with a regular hammer, it will have these stats (from stratics):

Physical Resist 5%
Fire Resist 3%
Cold Resist 2%
Poison Resist 3%
Energy Resist 2%

so if i use the ancient hammer, will i get better stats than the above?

Etoh

Etoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Imagine the prices that Ancient Hammers would suddenly be selling for. :reye

are ancient hammers better than runic valorite hammers? can i hold both of them and get both effects added to the item?