Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

help with Mage/Mystic/Spellweaver template

23 replies to this topic

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I have a mystic mage weaver I use for general stuff, whatever I don't use my sampire for basically.

I typically use a lot of rising colossus and invisibility. spell plague and bombard are nice attack spells from mysticism. Although it would do you good to search the monsters on either uoguide or stratics to see just what each one has as weaknesses in resists and what not.

arcane empowerment will increase the effectiveness of your weaving spells for a short time. I always use that spell when I have time, especially when using attunement and gift of renewal. attunement will give you a force field that soaks so much damage up, then you start taking damage, and gift of renewal heals you every 2 seconds for a specified amount of hit points for a certain length of time. This all depends on your skill and your focus level. If you can get a 6 str focus with 5 other weavers at brit bank your weaving spells will be at max effectiveness. Word of death is a lot more effective when you have a 6 str focus. Also, you should be using it near the end of the monsters life. It is made to do massive damage at near death. It can really make a difference when dealing with monsters that have many many hit points. like if your with a group going up against the scalis enforcer for example. just cast your rising colossus for a while until the beast has about a quarter life left, then you can start doing serious damage.

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Any tips on raising weaving past 100 besides the saytr trick?

Belshazzar

Belshazzar

UOForums Content Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Ramadash, in order for your spellweaving to be highly effective, you need to make sure you get arcane focus up as high as you can on your shard, once you do that your word of death will easily raise from 11 points upwards to a couple hundred points depending on what your fighting. Play around with the skills and spells. I recently started playing with mysticism on my treasure hunter and didnt think it was good till i learned the spells and i can say what a HUGE difference it makes. Just ask in chat for some arcane focus helpers at brit or something, that is how they do it on my shard!

WolFie

WolFie

PvM only

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
IF you were doing pvm i would highly recommend that template, i don't know anything about pvp so i can't really help you there but with the pvm side all you have to do is run hide heal (my guild name) that is after you throw a rising colossus and let him do most of the work, sometimes like the one person says i use arcane empowerment to better strengthen my colossus for somethings that may try to dispel him. Also word of death only truly works to its potential when the creature has low enough HP but to have it more effective you want to have an arcane circle of 6 to be able to use the spell a lot earlier to do maximum damage. Also hailstorm and neither cyclone work great for area effect damage! the only thing i can say bout the whole pvp thing is i hope you have magic resis templated on there

Reply to this topic