Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

help with Mage/Mystic/Spellweaver template

23 replies to this topic

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello all,
I’ve been working on this template for a while now and would like to know if i should keep going, or stone some stuff to add another skill I'm leaving out.

705 total skills, 1 month till 710 I believe.

Here’s what I got:

Magery 100 (120 with ring)
Focus 100 (120 with ring)
Eval 102
Med 100
Resist 120
Mystic 95 (use ring when fighting for 103 I believe)
SpellW 65

All above skills are pwr scrolled to 120 except Med.

Str 115
Dex 20
Int 120

I'm kind of running out of room and am wondering if I'm wasting space with Resist, or if I'm going to high with certain skills, this is my first mage type template ever.

I'm interested in PVM at this point, but of course if I get bored might try fighting PVP.

As far as my fighting style goes, I pretty much use Rising Colossus then just flame strike & Invis from monsters till they're done (Miasma & those wolves near the rune beetles for the most part)
Can you offer any suggestions using the skills I’ve chosen?

Thanks in advance.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
2 options:
1. Lose resist - outside of PvP, resist is purely optional
2. Lose Meditation - if you have enough mana regeneration on your suit, you can do quite well with focus instead of meditation

My choice would be lose resist... especially if you focus on Miasma and Tsuki wolves.
Posted Image

jack_handy

jack_handy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Farsight, thank you so much for the reply. After reading these forums for the past couple of days I was hoping to get your opinion, as you have helped so many before.

I plan on stoning resist now, thanks again, you are an asset to uo.

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
I am also working on a mage/mystic/spell weave

My skills are: (with no jewels)

Magery 120
Eval 100
Med 100
Resist 100
Focus 100
Spell weaving 88.1
Taming 80
Lore 9

I had magery/taming, but i want to do magery/mystic/spellweave so ive arrowed down taming/lore, my plan is to do:

Magery 120
Eval 120
Spellweave 120
Mystic 120

Don't know what else to add? Med? Resist? Focus?

Does mystic and spellweave need to be 120? Personally I'd like them to be, I like not having to use jewels for skills and instead using them for regen/hp/etc

Cosmixkey

Cosmixkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ramadash, one things is for sure, you will need Focus for you mystic, and preferably 120... that leaves you 100 points (or 120 depending on how old you are)

dump those points into med... like farsight said, resist is purely optionnal if you pvm, meaning you dont need it... 100-120 will give you tons of mana regen, so you can focus on other stuff when you start building your suit ;)what i suggest is tons of mana and int increase since your a mage + some HP to take more hits (when you have to take some :P)

if you havent built your suit yet, try to make sure your a gargoyle, gargoyles have bonusses helping you alot with RC and mystic + you get the flying skill wich means you dont need a mount ;)! think about it!!

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Personally i would drop med and pick up 40 necro, this way you can go into wraith form and leech some mana back when you hailstorm a large group of stuff.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
This is what I have on my 13 necro mage weaver mystics, that I play simultaneously...

Magery
Med
Necro
Spirit
Focus
Mystic
Weaving

ring/bracer:
+10 sdi
+magery
+necro
+spirit
+mystic
(values are up to you, I usually do necro, mystic and magery +13 and spirit +5)

Training can be done in three hours... the rest you finish spawning. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
What do you mean training can be done in 3 hours? I've been training weaving for two weeks and I just got to 100.. lol.

Anyway I took Cos's advice, I arrowed down resist and bought a 120 focus scroll. Since then I've gotten the 120 focus and am up to 100.0 weaving. Any tips on quickly raising weaving from this point? right now im simply doing WOD In heartwood and healing.. sucks.

I know the main goal with weaving is WOD and a level 6 focus, what is the main goals with mystic?

And isn't adding 40 necro without spirit speak a waste? Right now my goal template is:

Magery 120
eval 120
focus 120
weaving 120
mystic 120
med 100

And my current skills are:
Magery 120
focus 120
eval 100
weaving 100
med 100
mystic 0

I don't mind putting in necro instead of med because I've never done necro and would like to try it, but is it better then med and if so why?

And pitr, can you be more specific with your skills, as in the points..?

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
I meant this...

This is our basic template on several shards...
Jamies - Circle Alliance Forums/GRI

... and our training...
Spawning Crew - Circle Alliance Forums/GRI

(lich form, wisp up, have a party of necro mages so you get an extra 2 mana regen per wisp in the party to a max of 20 mana regen per party for each character)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Still doesn't list the points for each skill. Sorry I am obviously missing something.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Spellweaving training...

make sure you have positive karma...

find the satyr... get discorded, run out the teleporter and come back into the glade... then auto follow the satyr (alt+right click, or maybe left click...)

that will get your skill down and easier to train... you just have to pick a spell that isnt an area spell...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Still doesn't list the points for each skill. Sorry I am obviously missing something.

On it.... (giving a late class and cant login uo yet =) )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Oh gotcha, most of the info in those links is way over my newbie head im afraid..

You obviously know what you're talking about though so hopefully you can check out my template and point me in thr right direction.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Mysticism 89.0 (locked, 115 with ring/talisman)
Spirit Speak 103.6 (training until 105, 115 with blood talisman)
Focus 110.0 (locked)
Meditation 110.0 (locked)
Magery 83.1 (training to 84, 110 with ring/bracer)
Spellweaving 105.8 (training to 120)
Necromancy 74.0 (locked, 105 with talisman ring and bracer)
Inscription 18.5 18.5 (going down from inscription quest)

Str 120
Dex 10
Int 125

ring/bracer
+13 mystic, magery, necro
+10 lrc and sdi

bloodwood talisman
+10 ss
+5 necro

please remember this is a template that I use while multiboxing... so individual maximum damage isnt required since I can do 10+ withers or essence of winds per 2 seconds...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Oh gotcha, most of the info in those links is way over my newbie head im afraid..

You obviously know what you're talking about though so hopefully you can check out my template and point me in thr right direction.

This is UO... you make/create your own direction.
Each character is a reflection of your preferences, your personal choice... it is always RIGHT.

I hope my template and training method helped a bit... and I do hope you enjoy playing uo for a long, long time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zchosen

Zchosen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Guys, im a little bit confused, how much DEX requires a pvp mage template, some say 20, others saying 10

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
10 is definitely not enough. i usually go with 20-30.

This is after items, mind you.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

10 is definitely not enough. i usually go with 20-30.

This is after items, mind you.

Lets slip this into the "personal preference" category, because Ive run 10 on my stealth mage for years, and it is plenty!
2 stam regen on my suit keeps it right where I need it, full up running like the wind on my boura when I need to!!

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I generally run with 100 str 30 dex and 125 intel on my mages, i have intel increase to give me 150, str i have increased to 114 and since i have gm alch on most of my mage templates so i have 80 ep that boosts str to 150 also i do chug aglity pots so this brings my dex to around 60 ish...

how i get round the pot wieght thing is by carrying 10 greater cures, 5 greater heals, 2 agl, 2 str and 2 totals, i then carry around 250 of each of these 5 pot making reg and a couple of alch tools which are insured, meaning i have around 3 - 4 hours of constent game play assuming i don't get killed and looted, with this setup i have uoa macros set to make said potions, so i can make pots on the fly.... it works quite well in fel... my mage weave alch is successful as a general field annoyance and damage soak and lure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Ramadash

Ramadash

Dreaming of 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Say I decide to skip the necro and go witha pure mage/weaver/mystic.

HOW do I play this template? Meaning, what spells do I cast at what point in battle against what foes and for what reason?

I got 100 weaving and i have to tell you, its utterly useless in my hands. I can turn into a tree, weeee. I can do word of death for about.. 11 damage. whoopee.

Help a noob out with some info on playing the template please, w/o the big words that I wouldn't know as a returning, not current vet.

Reply to this topic