Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Necro Weaver Mage Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I have a character that is 120 mage/eval/resist/weaving 100med 60 necro and 80 spiritspeak. This is fun and it works nice but it's mostly for pvm.

So I started a new one, which is 120mage/eval/resist and I just can't get the rest of it right. Same idea as the other template but I wanted to wither along with being able to essence of wind. Now for me 120 resist is non negotiable. Most of the guys I have run into run a 6x120 swapping the resist for weaving. This I won't do.

I have this so far and I got stuck :/
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
110 spiritspeak (120w/tali)
100 weaving (92 is lowest I can go but hard to get a circle at that point as most everyone is 120)
80 med
70 necro(90w/ring and tali)

Now this won't work I know that. But what can I do to make this more useable? I am already taking a -5 magery hit due to the necro tali and that bothers me a lot, but the 15 points seems very important here.

Is 60 med enough to run this temp? In my past experiences necro and weaving are very hard on the mana, so this seems like a bad idea to me...but I will be in wraith form a lot...

I tried to incorporate the necromancy arms (+20) in my suit, and I can't get the resists to work without taking a huge penalty to something. So they are out of the equation. I was also told 85 weaving is enough to wind, but 92 would be 100% on essence of wind if my math is correct. I don't want to fizzle a wind when I really need it, and if it's anything like the 99% LRC it would have a big impact. Also getting a circle becomes harder, I can soulstone it off but to make life easier here I think gm is the lowest I should go.

So is wither, poison strike and strangle worth all this trouble, or should I just make another bloodoath evil omen corpseskin spellweaver mage?

OR does anyone have a better idea of what to spend the necro/ss points on?

Thanks in advance.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
No one is running a necro weaver who could throw a little advice my way?

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
A gm weaver can circle with a legendary weaver. As long as the casters are within 20 points of eachother both will get the bonus.

I don't have the answer to the other questions :(

Podolak

Podolak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
If you are going with a necro/mage/weaver PVP template this is one option:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Spirit Speak
120 Spellweaving
60 Med
60 Necro

60 necro lets you do the main PvP related spells. You can't wither at spawns but you can do Essence of Wind with Spellweaving. You can't cast revenants which sucks but hey...sacrifices.

60 Med is OK, get a suit with high MR.

Use an Ornament of the Magician and an imbued ring that has +15 magery. Use the Treatise on Alchemy Talisman to make up the other 5 magery you need from the -20 magery weapon. Get a nice Twinkling Scimitar with 20 DCI, mage weapon, spell channeling no -1 FC. Also be sure to imbue 25 EP on the ring so you have a total of 40 EP between talisman and ring. Really the ring looks like this:

FCR3
15 Magery
25 EP
DCI 15
LRC 6

You have good survivability with the 120 weaving and good offense with the necro but I'd say this is more of a group PvP template. Also as already pointed out; get a level 6 arcane focus, always.

If you want more med you could drop Spellweaving down to 100 and raise med to 80. You'll still be able to find people to get a focus with and pixies need 92 Spellweaving for 100% success. You'll have a slightly less benefit from Gift of Renewal but again, sacrifices.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
so wither and wind really isn't possible unless you drop resist i take it? I have a similar temp to this and it's fun but i miss wither a lot I love that spell. It's for group fighting, not 1 v 1 so much so you think no resist could work? I have a no resist tamer mystic mage who never has issues in open field and chokes but couldn't duel his way out of a wet paper sack. Idk I guess I can try no resist out see how it goes.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Just an update here, I have been running the "pvm" template I had posted before for pvp, 120mage/eval/resist/weave 100 med 60necro and 80 ss.. and I don't care for it at all. The wind is nice but it isn't crippling, the necro is almost pointless aside from wraith, bloodoath is nice but against 120 resist it's useless. I am really thinking that no resist with wither or scribe instead of necro would be more beneficial. The defense of weaving is great, but I play small groups and damage output is pretty important. Still searching for that resist wind wither temp, and I think the only way it's possible is with a mark of the travesty. I have no clue if a suit is doable with that piece however, as the midnight bracers just wouldn't work for me, which started this whole problem.

Anyone have any fun spellweaver mage temps for pvp that they suggest, I am a bit turned off about necro right now, unless it's wither.

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
i find this effective...

120 mage
120 eval
120 med
120 weave
120 wrestle