Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Best PvP Template for Small Groups

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello Guys,

I was wondering what could be good templates that are ranged (mage, necro, etc.) that are good for small groups of 3-5 players top.

Since i have a high latency (150ms) i can´t really play with melee classes in PvP. I heard that mages are better than anything else and that mystic mage are the flavour of the month.

I really would like some suggestions before venturing myself on grinding a PvP character. I already have a very good sampire for PvM and i am looking forward to make a good PvP character to PK with friends in Feluccia.

The party is already assembly: got a friend with archer and ninjutsu, a friend that is a mystic mage and another that is a tamer. I have to fill the last spot and was wondering going as mystic mage. What you guys think:

PS: I know that the best PvP template is situational but with that pre-requisite of small group i bet that there is one that fills the role on that gap.

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
After some reading i tought about making the following template:

120 magery/evaluating intelligence/mysticism/focus/resisting spells.

60 Necromancy

40 Spirit Speak

Take in mind that i have only 700 cap (new to the game)

Is this good for small groups:

What is a good gear suggestion with 50m:

Thanks

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Anyone: Help!

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I take it your necro on the build is for wraith form and evil omens? I enjoy spellweaving more then necro espeically with mystic, but if that will help your group out most then go for it.

As for gear, are you faction or non faction? Non faction is going to cost you a lot more gold then faction, but you don't need rank or have to worry about stat loss.

That being said you MUST have an orny. After that well I highly suggest the crystalline ring for any mystic mage build for the extra 20 focus points, the 20 mage weapon pen and it gives you great regens while taking care of your sdi. It does however force you to pick up fcr3 somewhere else. Nighteyes and inquis are the only options, unless you go faction which the faction Crystalline ring has the fcr3 on it. From this point you can do what ever you want, I like Armor of Fourtune due to the 15DCI and 40LRC, but it makes the resistances hard to pick up sometimes. But with imbue you can make a pretty sick suit a lot of differnt ways. 100 lrc 40 lmc 2fc 6fcr 15sdi 45+ dci 25hpi with resists as close to 70 as possible, and of course as much mana regen as you can fit. Also you want to find a planesword or someother 1 handed -20 mage weapon spell channeling no -1 15 DCI mage weapon.

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks. I am going faction. I just saw that the necro;ss build is the one that does most damage thats why i picked up. I have no clue about how they work. What spellweaving does:

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
spellweaving is a great support skill. For a mystic spellweaving helps by providing extra defense, with attunment and gift of renewel, and providing a huge offensive pick up threw summon fey. Pixies + spell plauge is an overpowered combo that while viewed as gimp, can turn the tide of a battle very quickly. Pixies cast tons of small spells, magic arrow/poison/harm/fireball and sometimes lightning, which trigger spell plauge hits. Many a stealth ninja has died to pixie/spell plauge, it's extremely powerful against no resist. You can also pick up a few other nice utility spells threw spellweaving, gift of life is a self res that can be very handy(watch flagging and trying to use it tho). Dryad Allure can be very useful at times, it allows you to "tame" a repond creature. Thunderstorm can be very nice in chokes and essence of wind can cripple mages in chokes.
It all depends on what you want to get out of the spellweaving to determine the skill level. On my mystic I use 60 spellweaving, which isn't 100% to cast pixies but I seem to get them when I need them. WIth this build I can't cast essence of wind, but I play with a lot of guys who can, so I take over t storm duties. I get the nice buffs tho and the pixies to increase my offense.

The biggest thing with spellweaving is getting an arcane focus gem. you stand on an arcane circle with 5 other spellweaver (at brit bank) and you cast arcane circle, which gives you a gem. This gem caps at a str bonus 6 which will literally add 6 seconds to all spell effects, increase the effectivness of them etc etc. So this is why spellweaving is not liked or understood by a lot of people. It sucks without a level 6, but with a level 6 you can understand why spellweaving is so awesome. There is a trick tho, because im sure your asking how does he get a level 6 circle with only 60 spellweaving... well you can soulstone spellweaving off and then get a JoT circle. Spellweaving has a bunch of spells that take 0-10 skill to use. A human gets an autmatic +20 to all skills, making weaving usable without any skills at all. So this allows you to cast arcane circle with 0 skill (elf can use too but fails a lot more then a human). The downside is the unskilled gem lasts for approx. half as long as a skilled circle, but it is still a long time. Once you have your unskilled circle, you can soulstone spellweaving back on and be ready to go with a level 6.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Oh also i forgot to mention that the summon fey (pixie) is a quest spell, separate from the arcanist quest to be allowed to use spellweaving. You must be blue to do this quest, so keep that in mind before you go red (if you were planning it). I have a couple of red mystics who can't cast pixies, and so I do not use spellweaving on them. The reds can do a spell quest for summon fiend,which provides imps as summons, but the imps are much slower and much less effective compared to pixies. I was lucky to have a few reds who had done the pixie quest as blues, so these toons were made into my mystic weavers. I tried the imps out but they just suck, perhaps they will be changed sometime soon but for now you have to be blue to get the better summon for weaving.