Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

16/6 casting in PvP

- - - - - 16 or 6 casting pvp

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Evil Ninja Troll

Evil Ninja Troll

I paint Cats.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
I don't see a guild named Dirt on Chesapeake, are you sure that was the name?
Evil will always conquer over good, because good is dumb.

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
RBG = Royal Britanian Guards? I have seen a few of you around Luna. :)

Dirt rings a bell... I think I have seen guilds with that...

Ah well, I've learned that there will always be cheats, no way around it. Chances are they'll get ya one way or another, they're just too fast. However, at least we all know that w/o cheating, they're nothing. They have to cheat to beat us. However, some people who are fast really are just fast. My buddy's got a t3 for his own personal use (at home!!!) and a super computer crafted by the hand of zues. If he ran speeder... I'd imagine my head would pop off. :grin:

I had a guy yesterday (who we dismounted) turn into wolf form while we were standing on him and ran (with us full speed behind him). He managed to get about 3 screens away from us (and lost us) in about 2 seconds. Nah, he doesn't run speeder. No way!! >:(

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Well part of the reason could be that all five of those guys were built for the sole purpose of raiding and player killing, and you and your guildies probably aren't. Also, most raiders do this for a living so they have a lot more experience than you guys in killing/raiding than you guys in protecting. However, they could be hacking, and perhaps their characters are exploited.

MM and VIP! all are well known hackers and some have characters that have 1000+ skill points. Some members of MM were even bold enough to take screenshots and post them on public forums.

Wow can u send me a link in a pm for those screen shots im gunna post them on EVERY UO forum I see just to make them mad :(

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Ok, with regards to the start of this thread I'll tell you how it really goes down.
I spent two hours yesterday training with one of our best PvP mages on Sonoma. He showed me a few things that I knew about, but never really considered them to be so usefull.

1. Use a shortkey to bring up a target cursor. This then means that the last target will be this target. So before you even begin casting a spell you already have this target. Available on the UO macros page.
2. Punch your "que last target" key, easily setup on UOA.
3. Cast Explosion, flamestrike + lightening all in a row.

You'll notice that due to the delay of each spell they all go off within around 0.25s. This combo does in the region of 70 dmg with a 120 mage/eval combo and GM inscription, on a full 70's suit with 115 resists.

Do the maths, most ppl have 100 health or there abouts, so a simple armor ignor shot with a sword will drop them.

Thats how to kill someone within 0.5 seconds. And thats anyone, unless they have high parry or Evade.

So tonight i'm starting to train, already got the GM inscription.

The template is:
Magery 120
Eval 120
Mace 120 (mace weps do the most dmg, swing speed is not important, you'll only need one swing per person)
Tactics 120
Inscription 100
Parry 120
Resists 120
Focus 20 (there ain't anything else worth having 20 points in.)

Weapon wise, my mate uses a berserkers maul, but a diamond mace could be just as good. Or a maul with decent stats.

Just to note you'll also need to have 2/6 casting or it won't work.

Deep breathe.......one final thing, it'll take practice to get the timing right on the spells, as no cursor comes up to tell you its cast it. And using UOA to que the spells up won't work, UOA atuomatically puts a pause inbetween each spell. So the spells won't go of at the same time.

Happy casting :grin:

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Interesting. But damn that is about 840 skill points on that template, so is it even viable w/ jewles and such also w/ 2/6 casting jesus.. Are they just using UO assist? There has to be a little more to it since you can get disrupted casting those spells unless you use that other mage spell that stops you from being disrupted while casting, but then resists drop so low you may not make it if being hit since you can't cast and move at the same time.

Will you have to heal since a warrior will be attacking you?

Will mage get full benefit of parry since you need 80 dex to get it? If they have 80 dex then mana will be low of HP will be low.

The one way i can see this easily done is if you paralyze then trap them in an energy field. Then you can do whatever you want. I am no mage but I have had this done to me enough times to know...lol

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
That is all he uses, UO assist. My bad on the template tho, he don't have parry, he swapped parry for tactics. You won't get attacked whilst you are casting. The reseason is he'll stand at brit gate and cast them on som1 that is simply standing there. They won't have time to retaliate because they'll be dead. Its all to do with the lag timings on spells. After you cast explosion there is a long lag before it explodes, flamestrike has a shorter delay and lightening doesn't have a delay. So they all go off at the same time. Trust me, I tried it. Its hard to time it right tho.

Your paralyze won't work, if they have high resists it won't work, and secondly you'll get hit by someone else before you can cross field them, that takes ages. Just go for damage spells, nothing else is worth it, except curse.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Ok, with regards to the start of this thread I'll tell you how it really goes down.
I spent two hours yesterday training with one of our best PvP mages on Sonoma. He showed me a few things that I knew about, but never really considered them to be so usefull.

1. Use a shortkey to bring up a target cursor. This then means that the last target will be this target. So before you even begin casting a spell you already have this target. Available on the UO macros page.
2. Punch your "que last target" key, easily setup on UOA.
3. Cast Explosion, flamestrike + lightening all in a row.

You'll notice that due to the delay of each spell they all go off within around 0.25s. This combo does in the region of 70 dmg with a 120 mage/eval combo and GM inscription, on a full 70's suit with 115 resists.

Do the maths, most ppl have 100 health or there abouts, so a simple armor ignor shot with a sword will drop them.

Thats how to kill someone within 0.5 seconds. And thats anyone, unless they have high parry or Evade.

So tonight i'm starting to train, already got the GM inscription.

The template is:
Magery 120
Eval 120
Mace 120 (mace weps do the most dmg, swing speed is not important, you'll only need one swing per person)
Tactics 120
Inscription 100
Parry 120
Resists 120
Focus 20 (there ain't anything else worth having 20 points in.)

Weapon wise, my mate uses a berserkers maul, but a diamond mace could be just as good. Or a maul with decent stats.

Just to note you'll also need to have 2/6 casting or it won't work.

Deep breathe.......one final thing, it'll take practice to get the timing right on the spells, as no cursor comes up to tell you its cast it. And using UOA to que the spells up won't work, UOA atuomatically puts a pause inbetween each spell. So the spells won't go of at the same time.

Happy casting :grin:

I hope you're going to have LMC and MR capped out because if you throw those spells and it does not pay off, you don't have any med. You will be f---ed.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests

The reseason is he'll stand at brit gate and cast them on som1 that is simply standing there.

I have a question, if this guy is the best mage on your shard, why is he wasting his time gate fighting? He shouldnt be teaching you how to be a mage relating to how he fights at gates. He should be teaching you how to hold spawns, team fight, duel, but not gate fight. 9 times out of 10 you wont ever see the shards best pvpers at a gate. They think of gatehuggers as the lowest lifeforms in PvP. I know gate fighting is all there is to do sometimes, but fighting at a gate is absolutely NO way to hone in skills and get better. Well there are those very few exceptions, the solo red who is getting attacked by the 20 blues there will learn defensive tactics to help stay alive in a gank, and possibly take a few down with him. He did teach you some good techniques though, and by all means practice them. But dont solely rely on fighting at a gate, or out of a yew house as you will never progress in your pvp education. The real schooling happens at a 100 man harrower(including all sides), or a sweet raid on a spawn, or even running around in t2a. Just my opinion. Like I said, some people like gate fighting, and sometimes its all there is to do, but just dont limit yourselves. Thats all I'm saying.

Vindicator

Vindicator

The Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
I go looking for fights and all I find are gate fights. I don't gank reds with 20 other dudes, I try and solo most of them and some have even stopped and commended me for not ganking them.

I dunno where else on Sonoma that their is action other than Brit Gate, I'd like to know though.
Posted Image
Thanks to Atlas for hooking up this SICK signature!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Hell, I need to get to that shard then...If there's no action, I can see uncontested spawns ALL day then right? woot!

All kidding aside, the best place to find a fight.....Go start Despise. You are almost guaranteed to get a fight by 3rd tier everytime.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Hey Rex Bo's right, if you think you can do despise without getting raided good luck to ya. It can be quite funny tho, I've done a spawn there many a time. My most memorable was soooo funny, we had spotters for raiders. We saw no1, we dropped the champ and where handed scrolls to protector. Then a spotter shouted REDs!!! 3F and Waka. We got the scrolls out and all stood there waiting for them. all pre-cast. We dropped maybe 20 reds between us. They were p---ed off, they timed their raid wrong.
But seriously, Bo your more than welcome to come to Sonoma, there are very few opposing guilds to spawns, the most you'll ever get raided by is around 6-7.
The reason he was talking to me about gate fighting is simply because its the best place to learn how to use your character. There are ganks, 1v1's, team efforts and a whole other mixture of different scenarios you can learn to deal with. Then when you go and raid you are more prepared for what could happen.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
This is true about learning how to use your character. Someone who may be new to pvp or the pvp world can go to whatever gate is your shard's pvp gate, and toy around. But by all means, dont stop there. Use it to observe, use it to get that initial "heart pounding" you get when you flag on someone for the first time out of the way. But most importantly, LEAVE! Not leave fel, but leave the gate. You can only learn soo much at a gate, and usually you learn 20 blues vs 1 red, house fighting, GZ fighting, a 1v1 ended by the other guy calling in backups, or in that same 1v1, a damn stealth archer popping out to finish the both of you off to get that leet kill. You can only learn soo much at a gate, but when its time to really learn, go out further.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 16 or 6, casting, pvp