Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

16/6 casting in PvP

- - - - - 16 or 6 casting pvp

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I always wondered why PvP was dying since it seems t be so much fun and in my mind there is not any difference between dying against a monster and dying against a player you lose insurance money either way.

I have ganked at yew moongate, pwned by some really good PvP's, paralyzed and man dumed on, and I think I was on guys personal ATM machine for a while.

Well, a bunch of guildies and I decided to actually venture into Fel champ spawn and see if we could make it out. We all knew we would get raided and hey it ouwld be fun just to do it. We went w/ 12-15 guildies a decent size force for a champ spawn. Six people standing watch while the rest take care of spawn. We get raided to no surprise by only 5 guys. Odds seems to be in our favor. Suddenly 3 of them are casting 3 energy bolts inthe span of a second and another doing the same w/ pain spike. Precast? I think not. I am running for my life and evade came up so many times for me that I thought I was selling it at a Luna bank. We get smoked in a few minutes. Then they proceed to finish champ spawn and tank the Riktor. No one moved just went at him and casted spell after spell and hitting w/ wep. Killed it in like 1 min flat. No one reported it since guys said they reported it before and nothing has happened. they were nice enogh to rez us after it was all over. Wow they are such good sports....

This incident has left a bad taste in my mouth for me w/ PvP. I know people here have stated hacks are a part of fel and such but what fun is it for me if i can get owned in so easily, and people complained about the void shadow being hard....lol..... Sorry for the partial vent but it annoys me since I just got into it and started to like it more and more. I am wondering how you guys deal w/ stuff like this who PvP all the time? Is there really anything I can do?

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well part of the reason could be that all five of those guys were built for the sole purpose of raiding and player killing, and you and your guildies probably aren't. Also, most raiders do this for a living so they have a lot more experience than you guys in killing/raiding than you guys in protecting. However, they could be hacking, and perhaps their characters are exploited.

MM and VIP! all are well known hackers and some have characters that have 1000+ skill points. Some members of MM were even bold enough to take screenshots and post them on public forums.

There is a difference between PvP and pk'ing/raiding. The majority of PvP'ers do not hack or exploit, but occasionally you run into these shady characters who will discourage you. My best advice is to just take it on the chin and keep playing. That's really all you can do, because the UO staff is well aware of the situation, they just haven't been able to come up with a solution.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I agree. There is a huge difference between the 2 classes. Generally, pvpers will be good sports and do what that guild did, rez you up and be cool and not e-peeners. Then there are the guilds that get off on being the shard griefers. Sadly they both exist on EVERY shard. Let me tell you a story about my first champ spawn attempt.( Well second actually, the first one went without incident until we went thru that neat little black moongate in the middle of the altar "hmm, whats that?" 0o0o0ooo0oo000000) My tram alliance decided we were gonna try one out and see what happens. The last one must have been a fluke, or does just nobody ever check despise spawn? We went in and were rockin the spawn, we had about 10 or so people, and got to the end of the 4th wave. This was at the end of EFL's Baja tour, well they met us with a crimson force we hadn't seen before. We were pissed cause we were just innocently doing a spawn. But their leader Ooji, started on some RP smack talking "thou hast trespassed on controlled territory of the Fallen Lords, pay us and you shall be permitted to pass again" We thought it was smack talking at first and didnt realize they were doing a sort of RP thing. Well once we were all outside destard, they rezzed us up and let us on our way, obviously knowing we were ABSOLUTELY no threat to their empire. That moment inspired me to pvp. I wanted to be apart of this newfound side of UO I hadnt experienced before. The next day, I joined BTH(Not Origins) But Baja's Faction guild Born To Hate. We fought EFL everyday until they left. It was great. It was great to finally fight something with a mind of it's own. Not fighting mindless AI toons all day. I have heard many bad stories of EFL, but this was an inspiring moment in my UO time. They werent the jerks I have heard soo many stories of, but actually decent people. So my advice is to just roll with it, and you will eventually find you way out there. I have been pvping for almost 3 yrs now and have seen the absolute scum of UO, but at the same time, seen class acts. Just remember to never take it personally, and sleep sound at night, knowing you did it right. You didnt have to cheat, you didnt have to exploit, but you did it cleanly, and those kills will start raking in and you will see side that most of us experience.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Posted Image
Have to love PvP role play. :) Most the time Trammies just run and dont fight back, and then expect to be treated with respect. Fight back and earn the respect that everyone wants.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Thats what we did that night. We were on tamers with crappy lrc suits, but we tried our best. Of course we held no chance in hell of winning, but we tried to stay in good spirits. A few of our group got pissed and whined back, but overall the attitude was lets watch them and see how they do it.

Unsupportable

Unsupportable

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I'm glad to hear someone out there believes EFl aren't all bad. Not that I'm biased at all.......
I joined them only a few months past, I was scape goated out of my previous guild. I joined them with no expectations. They are an excellent guild, so what if we raid spawns, its part of the game. I've been slated by a few people that I used to call friends, for joining them. But as a whole I still do peerless with friends or with the guild. And unlike popular belief we don't use a gate house, we don't own one....

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
We tried our best as well. At least they left us all the gold and any power scroll under 120...lol.... we plan on doing it again and have plans in place to barricade us in. Now only if we could figure how to get out alive. All in good fun though. A Guildie knows one of the guys who raided us and confirmed that they hack. They say they are bored since no one wants to fight them ...lol.... This just makes me wonder why they PvP if they have to cheat. I am taking Bo's advice and taking it on the chin. I think all this did was make us try to use more strategy. If all else fails at least I am insured!!!

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Thats the right attitude to have. Remember, its only a game, you arent really dying in RL. I mean, when you die in Unreal tournament, do you get pissed? Not really...So why get angry here either. i know its real money involved, but with insurance, you are usually about 99% guaranteed your items will come back to you. Unless that 1 instance where you get hit with the insurance bug, but mostly everything is replacable. If you get frustrated by 1 experience, and never go back, they won. They always complain about how nobody comes to fel anymore, well those same buttholes are the ones to blame. If they actually treated people with dignity, people who came out the first time, may be more inclined to return. Instead of the usual "you F'n trammy, go back to luna, delete your account blah blah blah" crap where people may say "you know, you're right. You have confirmed every belief I had about pvpers, so yes, I will continue to do my doom runs, peerless runs and stay the living hell out of Fel" Boom, another possible combatant gone, so back to killing the same 10 people that they have been killing EVERY day.....Its sad really, its a catch 22.

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Here I go again... you guys oftenly type something similar to the name of this thread...

16/6? What does this mean and represent? And how you determine if that is the right number to type there? I can not figure out what that means =(

Is it just a PvP term? lol sorry tons of questions but I see this in and out of thread conversations and loose me from then on haha

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
What he meant by the 16/6 was that these guys were casting REALLY fast, so its like they were casting at 16recovery/6faster casting. It is not possible to have this in the game, as the caps are 2/6 for mages/necros, 4/6 for palis.

Just a jab, thats it...

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
OH!!! Alright that DOES make sense! haha some strange termonology... thanks Bo once again! Haha you are always having to fill me in >_<

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
He's referring to cast time and cast recovery time. Usually people type 2/6 for 2 FC, and 6 FCR. However, in this case he exaggerated it to get his point across about what seems to be the ability to cast a crazy amount of energybolts at once.

Anyway, I don't understand people's mindset when they say "I'm bored with pvp" when you're hacking. Try taking the hacks off then say you're bored, cause it won't be so easy without them.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
The first time I ever did a champ spawn was the day I decided that I really didnt like PvP at all.

I dont even remember how the group got together...mighta been thru Stratics Cats board but we had the spawn on the second level (Lost Lands spawn...had Undead, iirc) and we are all pretty spread out. One red comes in traveling at mounted speed while in Horrific Beast Form came crashing in, busting out spell after spell and took us all down in a matter of a few minutes. (I still hold to the fact that he was casting while moving too)

There was no rezzing, no talk, no anything besides run in, kill, loot, run away.

Posted Image

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Funny that you mention that Merc since I ran to Fel to rez a friend who died against a hacker. I found the guy and just outright asked him why he hacked and why bother to talk smack if you hack. Also asked why not get rid of it and see if you have real skill. I guess that did not sit well since he proceeded to rez kill me like 10 times talking smack the whole time. Finally he rezzed me and did not kill me and I told him "wow you just noticed you were not getting any insurance money" and I started laughing at him (I went to fell w/ regular clothes and just a few regs to do a rez and run back to Tram). It was great. He started cursing at me telling me he would own me if I brought in any uber gear blah blah blah and I said "You just owned me now and you seem more pissed off. Wanna go a few more rounds?" He killed me one last time and left it at that. I gave him what he wanted and he still was not happy go figure ....... LMAO .... I think I have a talent for getting under people's skin hehehehehe

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Well get ready dude, I heard MM is going to be taking a tour of Chessy soon.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I'm sure the Fel PvP crowd will be happy to hear there is going to be someone else besides the 10-15 people they fight daily

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
You are on chessy? What is your guild? Most of the time the bigger guilds (E and C adn X) either use a spawn checker program, or manually check spawns all day long. I agree that they are way too fast with both running speed and casting... with alot of them, not all.

If you are doing a champ spawn during prime time, you WILL get raided by one of the bigger guilds. I'm in DK, my guild does spawns, but we don't check them often and don't raid as much as the others. But every spawn we do we get spotted and usually raided if we kill who spots.

If you can bring large numbers like that tho to a champ spawn, if you guys train in fielding and in group pvp, as well as 1v1, you should be able to defend in time. Good luck!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yep, MM has moved to Chessy. They're using the guild name "Dirt." I'm sorry you're going to have to endure this, cause they're a bunch of punks who hack and exploit with the worst of em'. Ah well, good riddance to them, but sorry you have to deal with them now.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
MM is the worst of them and I am glad they have chosen a guild name "Dirt." It's befitting them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I am currently in RBG and their off shoot Maja. Oh great more hackers....lol... instead of battle of the arties and gimp templates it will battle of the hack programs. NICE!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 16 or 6, casting, pvp