Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bushido;Fencing PvP Build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello guys,

First of all i would like to say that in opposition to my friend (Vatariel that topic below) i havent done my homework so i have no clue how the template is going to be.

I am thinking about:

-120 bushido
-120 fencing
-120 anato
-120 tactics
-120 parry
-100 healing

About the gear i have no clue...

Stats are

100 str
100 dex
25 int

My account is new aswell (225) cap.

Thanks in advance,
:)

Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Any advise about that template: Will be able to solo or duo effectively on PvP: Does it take long time to raise: I heard you could make a warrior in 15 hours of powerleveling, is that template viable for that case:

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I'm always hesitant to recommend the "pure warrior" for PvP. The problem comes when people just won't stand still long enough for you to do enough damage to kill them.

In that light, you may want to find a skill which can hold people in place for an extra swing (i.e. swords for bokuto's nerve strike), go with archery (which makes cross healing difficult) or find a template which includes ranged attacks (Necromancy for pain spike, mysticism for a whole array of spells).

But the template, in and of itself, could work for you once you get your stats up to a reasonable level (get that stat scroll as soon as you can!)
Posted Image

Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Bushido is more suited for PvM then PvP.

Same 2 questions apply to any PvP template.

1 - How will you deal with being dismounted.

2 - How will you deal with paralyze and/or poison spams.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Fencing bush char can be very nice. I used to fight with one a few years ago (may have changed a lot since then :/ ) but he would use a pitchfork and dismount a lot of people. Bleed/Dismount on the pitchfork was pretty nasty, then I believe he used a leafblade for AI's and such.

To me tho if you do bushido you need to be swords. Swords has the best bushido specials around, between the bok for nerve strike and the no dachi for riding swipe.

A no resist toon in pvp needs to have huge damage in my opinion, because any good mage will make your job a lot harder. My first instinct would be to mana vampire you. Also para's and poison will be a !!!!!, but these can be countered threw items..usually.

I am playing with a guy now who is running a bush macer with 120 resist, he disarms and lightning strikes. It is a pretty strong temp and he gets a lot of kills. It was stronger when concussion blow was working nice, but it still works out. He uses a ubws bok and no dachi, but mostly just a regular mace. I think he swapped parry out for resist, but I don't know for sure. Not my style, and I would never play a toon like it but he loves it and has built a few of them on various shards. Oh he also uses a lot of potions for added damage output and for when he can't get in and smack someone. Explodes sometimes but mostly conflags.

As for gear, I am a strong supporter of mace and shields for a headpiece, and glad collar for the neck. From there you can do a few things, but I generally would think RBC and then fey leggings. 45+HCI 45+DCI are important, want to hit 40LMC, as much regen as possible, +25 HPI, as much mana and stamina increase as possible. This depends a lot of how you set the suit up, my favorite suit has only 2 non arti pieces, so getting MI and such can be a pain. I use crimson cinctures on my dexxers, but if you can get +5 dex and +10 hpi from somewhere else use a tangle.