Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mystic Archer viable in pvm?

16 replies to this topic

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am curious. I stopped playing around the time AOS came out. And then I started up again when ML came out for about a month... I was just wondering if this build is viable to kill critters to get away from the boring ABC archery...Current build is off of the powerscrolls I have atm:

110 Archery
120 Focus
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Mystic
70 Chivalry

I can do changes, that is why I am asking before I get too involved with it. I dont have any gear other than a Dryad bow +5 Archery oh and a 100% lrc suit I got donated (thank you imbuing!) I play on Atlantic, any suggestions would be nice!

Thanks!

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
My current PvM template du jour is this:
120 fencing, mysticism, focus
100 tactics, healing, anatomy
60 chivalry

It works like a charm in groups of two. The vamp-form is a bit better for solo play though.

So yes, that template is good. You'll have to modify it a bit for the 700 point max which you seem to have (maybe 90 healing/anatomy) in order to be more reliable with rising colossus.

The down side is if you use stone form, you're forced to walk, which makes archery harder as a skill.
  • Jambo likes this
Posted Image

mspossi

mspossi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
:DHello, as my colleague said, you set is good, but one thing I learned is that if you want to heal quickly, but is possible with anatomy and healing with bandages, but you will need the maximum possible dexterity ( the stats menu) as table:
00 - 30= 10 seconds to heal
30 to 45= 9 seconds to heal
45 to 50= 8 seconds to heal
50 to 80= 7 seconds to heal
above it can not be any advantage
:coolhave fun!
  • Jambo likes this

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am planning on getting Archery, Mysticism, Focus to 120. I just don't have the funds or the scrolls atm. But, I am very pleased to hear that the template is playable. I am in love with the enchant spell :D

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
just remember that you need to have balance on the bows so you can make use of your healing stone and pots as healing methods also, you can get away from not having spellchanneling on the bow with enchant, also use the protection mage spell, this will counter the -1 fast casting, but have 6 fast casting recovery on the set up, don't worry about fast casting, this will save mod room on your jewle set, and besides you don't need fc for pvm

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Balance and Mana Leech. Gotcha. Oh, quiver. I have a quiver of infinity. Is that suitable? Or should I be looking for something else? Also, I want the standard 40 lmc 60+ resists right? Does MR work thru non medable gear?

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
mr does work thru none med armour but.... you might as well have medable armour and have a human toon that way you get an extra 2 mr

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, the problem is. I am using Jackal's Collar atm, to get the extra dex so I can hit the 140 mark. I have 80 str 143 dex 30 int. Went elf for the extra since I knew I had to roll low int to keep the other stats up. I was planning to go Totem, but the way things are looking I might raise str to 100 and use Hunter's Headdress to open more skill points to put other places..

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
if you have 50 ep then for combat to only need 120 dex, chug a dex pot and you have 150

mspossi

mspossi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
:Das always the opinions are varied, when it comes to setting the char, keep in mind that there is no game in a final configurations, is generally not an archer to frontal attack, not a mage, it takes a while to cast spell; as to quiver when he is good has the same bow melee. if you play alone like me, choose the place where good will hiting=)

mspossi

mspossi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

if you have 50 ep then for combat to only need 120 dex, chug a dex pot and you have 150

=)I'm sorry, the stats; one for each player is at a maximum of 125, for each of the three=)

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

=)I'm sorry, the stats; one for each player is at a maximum of 125, for each of the three=)

Yes but you can gear to a max of 150 in each. I am at 143 atm with Jackal's and Ring of Vile. But that is great news that I only need 120 and then a agility potion will take me to 150!

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
when i am fully buffed up on my alch mage then i have 150 str, 150 intel, thou 150 intel gets me 170 odd mana :P

and to get by without carrying lots of pots i take regs and gm tinker made alch tools and make pots as i use them it keeps the weight down.

but if you have gm alch and then 50 ep on the suit then your stats only need to be 114 for str and 114 for dex, chug a pot and they will both be 150, and you can usually make it so you have some decent intel
  • Jambo likes this

mspossi

mspossi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

when i am fully buffed up on my alch mage then i have 150 str, 150 intel, thou 150 intel gets me 170 odd mana :P

and to get by without carrying lots of pots i take regs and gm tinker made alch tools and make pots as i use them it keeps the weight down.

but if you have gm alch and then 50 ep on the suit then your stats only need to be 114 for str and 114 for dex, chug a pot and they will both be 150, and you can usually make it so you have some decent intel

:)yes you are right, but the max are really125 for total of 255, if you have more than 24 months of account, otherwise there will be only 230 in total, it does not count if you use magic or items, jewelry, for it is artificial, if you remove these items and what really counts basis that I just let you know=)

Jambo

Jambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I was also thinking. I may drop Healing and Anatomy for Necromancy. Questionable about the second skill. Should I just leave Anatomy for the extra damage? Or pick up resist? From what I've noticed I can pretty much kite anything out there. And with Necromancy I will always be doing what I normally do, and that is hitting things, so therefore I will be healing ALOT more than I do with healing.

I was thinking either leave anatomy in there, or pick up resist or spirit speaking...Not sure.

mspossi

mspossi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Hello, I think all the configuration options have their positive and has also the negative side, dose and charcter is unique experience, I pesonally can only report on what is positive or negative for every choice, for yhat after months of work if you will be disappointed with you avatar, and find it much harder to charge profession, to go forward with this char; but as the skill resist spell, you will be able to reduce or even cancel the paralyze spell how to damage cast by the monsters, if you have a good armor by 70% in all the damage, I do not see ony advantage to not be what you have a training for PVP, but will never have 100% immunity.:)

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
i tend to find that resist is moot, weather in pvp or pvm, i can get by without resist, since in pvp i can use a trap box and in pvm you get para'ed and it is very likely that you get para'ed then a monster/mob will hit you and hence break the para, the only thing to watch out for is mana drain, but you have a couple of second delay before the mana you lost comes back, by the by it is up to you, but i generally never use resist and never have since they changed it the first time round

Reply to this topic