Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Has anyone tried a Pally/Bard?

10 replies to this topic

Paulev76

Paulev76

A knight of the woeful countenance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I' m thinking of something like the following:

• 120 Swordsmanship
  • 120 Tactics
  • 120 Parrying
  • 120 Musicianship
  • 120 Peace or Discord (Peace would work well for RP, but Disco might make more sense)
  • 70 Chiv
  • 40 Focus (Or whatever will give me benefit with only 40 points)

Since I'm new to UO, and I haven't actually tried this out, it may be a terrible idea. So I thought I'd ask the experts if this looks viable.

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
From someone with a ton of characters and a multitude of templates I say try it out. You can always hop on test center first and give the template a go to see what the end game is like with it.

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
I've got a Pally/Archer/Provoker that works well.

120 Archery
120 Tactics
110 Anatomy
80 Chivalry
60 Meditation
81 Resist Magic
120 Musicianship
120 Provocation

He has 720 real skill points with 91 more from Imbued jewelry. I used Meditation instead of Focus because being an Archer fighting from a distance he doesn't get hit much so didn't need the Stamina Regeneration. Meditation gives faster Mana Regeneration. The Anatomy skill gives a damage bonus of 60% (Anatomy/2, + 5% if > 100).

Given that you play an up close & personel melee fighter, Peace will help you by lulling your opponet for several seconds during combat letting you get in a few hits without being hit back or let you do an Area Peace (by casting Peace on yourself breaking all target locks around you) which would give you a chance to retreat if things are not going well. Discord will really weaken your opponets making them much easier to fight. I went with Provocation so he could make monsters fight each other instead of him. He provokes other monsters on his opponets distracting them from him and can fire arrows without being hit to much. Of course if there is only one monster, it's not any use. :)

Two good websites for UO information are:

UO Stratics - News - Main

Ultima Online Gameplay Guide - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Hint:
With peacemaking, parry is redundant.

I don't currently play a bard character, so I won't comment further except to say the idea is sound.
Posted Image

Paulev76

Paulev76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hint:
With peacemaking, parry is redundant.

I don't currently play a bard character, so I won't comment further except to say the idea is sound.

I think I might not understand how peacemaking works then. I was under the impression that peace will calm either a specific target or multiple targets for a short duration or until they are damaged. However, if Peace makes parrying redundant, does that mean it continues to have an effect on the mob while it is being attacked?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

I think I might not understand how peacemaking works then. I was under the impression that peace will calm either a specific target or multiple targets for a short duration or until they are damaged. However, if Peace makes parrying redundant, does that mean it continues to have an effect on the mob while it is being attacked?

Yes. It basically sits there in a stupor while you whack at it. :)

Maximilliean

Maximilliean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I have an archer/pally/peace bard on my second account, but yeah it was peace and plink away with my bow on just about anything in the game. That account also used to own a house right next to the Demon Temple. That was a fun place to live, wake up (login), walk out on my balcony and kill a couple of demons or dragons. Works better then coffee.

Paulev76

Paulev76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Another question I have about this template is why do so many choose not to train chivalry to grandmaster?

Maximilliean

Maximilliean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
The most useful spells in Chivalry can be reliably cast at about 70. Your skill only determines if you can cast it and how often you will fizz, it has nothing to do with intensity. Your Karma/Fame determines the intensity of the spells. A Glorious Lord will get better results than say a person with Trustworthy and with this template it will be pretty easy to maintain a high Karma/Fame level. Unless of course you hunt creatures that hurt your Karma.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Probably a fun template.

I once saw two peace dexxer and a disco dexxer go through a rikktor champ in no time. Was really amazed how well that worked. Although they probably wouldn"t have been able to hold themselves against a raiding party.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
These bard temps sound awesome, I think I'll try it out myself.

Reply to this topic