Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Wrestling questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

NoBuddy

NoBuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Questions regarding wrestling:

1. Is wrestle still exempt from tactics requirement for the specials?
2. DCI apply to wrestling too?
3. Wrestle require HCI like fencing, swords, etc?
4. Can spellbooks be disarmed?
5. Best means to work wrestling from 50-120?

Thanks!

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
1. yes
2. yes
3. wrestling is mostly for defensive use on mages where hci isn't needed. But if you're trying to fight with wrestling, it uses hci like any other weapon skill
4. no, you're considered unarmed when carrying a spellbook.
5. golem method. Can't use a 100% poison weapon of course, but wrestling does very little damage to them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
use the golem method but equip a fishing rod and stand on the same tile as the golem, this won't damage the golem and also you will swing at 1.25 seconds, have 45hci when doing this

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

use the golem method but equip a fishing rod and stand on the same tile as the golem, this won't damage the golem and also you will swing at 1.25 seconds, have 45hci when doing this

I think they changed that. I recently tried to train wrestling with this method, golem still took damage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
3. Yes, your spellbook can be disarmed

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

tayo

tayo

Badger Badger Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
#2 on point number two, it used to be the case that Anatomy gave additional defense chance increase (that counted independently of the 45% item cap) when used in conjunction with wrestling. Anybody know if there still a bonus today?

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
with anatomy, it gives you a passive wrestle skill if coupled with eval, what i tend to do is have gm anatomy with 120 eval this will give you the same defence as 120 wrestle in terms of being hit, but you can't use the wrestle weapon specials

Podolak

Podolak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Right now my primary mage has wrestling and I use disarm frequently. I have the 5 SSI cloak and enough dex/stam with potions to get me 1.25 swing delay (60 dex). I don't have any HCI items on my suit, it would help if I did. However, I am often successful at disarms without it.

Cramped templates should consider anatomy or a mage weapon but I still feel wrestling is very viable. Disarming your foes is pretty nice and NOT being disarmed by your foes (in the case of someone using a mage weapon) helps a good deal.