Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Too many Arties?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey everyone. I am a returning player from a while back (friends are getting me back into it) and I am trying to get armor pieces togethor for some PvP action. I think perhaps I may have too many arties to make it work with the stats I am reading I should have on my gear or maybe I'm just confused (<Probably) about some things. I am a Bushido/Archer.

Arties
Mace & Shield Glasses (Nice balance of resists & sweet mods)
Rune Beetle Carapace (I think this piece is making it difficult to acquire resists but I like the mods)
Stormgrips (The regulars though I plan on acquiring the faction ones in the future)
Animated Legs of the IT (I want to use these if possible)
Corguls Sash
Crimson
Conjurer's Garb
Quiver of Inf
Primer on Arms

I can swap things in and out if needed but already I don't see this working out. Someone recommended I should have 70 DCI, 100 DI (with gear), HCI 45. I'm having trouble figuring out how to accomplish this.

I can get any piece I need I just don't know what I need. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Jessica Truearrow

Jessica Truearrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
30 hci and 30 dci should be on your ring and bracelet set,

Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, thanks for your help. While I think I can probably swing those mods on jewels. I am still having a problem with resists and some other mods. I'm not sure if what I need is even possible with what I have listed so far. I think I'm going to come up shorts on resists and not meet some other mod minimums.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I`m at the office, but I try to recall my archer suit - it only uses three non-arti items:

mace and shield (faction)
gladiators collar
imbued arms
imbued ring
imbued brace
fey leggings (faction)
rune beetle carapace (faction)
stormgrip (faction)
Primer on arms (faction)
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
conjurers garb
crimson (faction)
corgul sash

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
With those arties, I can't get a suit that I'd play with (using a spreadsheet to build a suit).
If you switch out the mace and shield for folded steel and get faction artifacts, then you're in business.

I would still switch out either the RBC or the stormgrip for imbued pieces just for the flexibility (i.e. more stamina/mana gains)
Posted Image

Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks to all of you for your sugggestions. I realized yesterday that the faction items are far superior to their regular artie counterparts, so before reading this post I had decided last night to go with faction arties. Most of which Merion listed and one or two more.

My friends gave me some faction points and silver to catch me up. Things have seriously changed in this game since the last time I played. I don't remember being able to honor up so many points in one shot. They basically gave me enough point to be able to get the pieces I need (Along with some imbued) to go out and start pvp'ing. This stuff wasn't around when I last played so I knew nothing about it. I guess this is what the game devs intended so that more people would pvp and not have to wait around to do it? Seems oddly strange to me. Is it a bug? My brother and I killed a faction guy the day we joined who ended up giving up over 10 million points or something crazy like that, how is that even possible? We are rusty as all heck and the guy was nearly impossible to take down but 11mil faction points?

Anyway, the only downfall I see is temp skill loss on dying but I guess everything has it's cons.

Thanks again for all your help.

Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

With those arties, I can't get a suit that I'd play with (using a spreadsheet to build a suit).
If you switch out the mace and shield for folded steel and get faction artifacts, then you're in business.

I would still switch out either the RBC or the stormgrip for imbued pieces just for the flexibility (i.e. more stamina/mana gains)

Funny you mention it, I actually built a spreadsheet for gear stats so that I could see the changes in real time and not have to keep track in my head. Helped out a ton. That's how I knew my theoretical setup wouldn't work out. I basically did exactly what you suggested and went with faction arties. Seemed like the quick way to get the gear I needed to have some fun pvp'ing.

The RBC is the only thing I'm not using. I love the mods but the resists kill it for me (such a nice piece though). I think I'm sitting closer to what I should be at now. Now I just need to find a really good bracelet and get some money up for con's garb.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Instead of spreadsheets - have you tried pincos template editor? I plan my suits on good old paper, but it's supposed to be good

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Socrates

Socrates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Merion, I was using paper but it started looking like I was building a nuclear reactor and the wife started getting suspicious of me finding sheets upon sheets of mathematical calculations.

I have never heard of Pincos editor but I will do a search to locate it.

Thanks

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Note: I haven't actually used this program, so I don't know anything about it. But... here's the link:
UO Template Editor
Posted Image