Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sailing server lines.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dorn

Dorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was talking about how training mysticism is quite time consuming for me and a guildie last night said he raised it by sailing along a north-south server line. I did some searching but like everything with UO it's hard to find out the most up to date info. It seems like this worked at one point (or people thought it did with other skills like healing) so I'm curious if it still works? Is it legal and why on earth does it work in the first place if it does?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
It did work at one point, but that anti-macro functionality has long since been removed. Nowadays, you're just as well standing in one place.

The best advice I can give now is use the satyr trick.
Posted Image

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
fwiw, some most gargoyle ships have a crew member that will use the disco attack on you. May find it easier to go that route since there's rarely spawn on the seas, you have a full ship hold to store supplies in and you can always have someone hit a ship rune to come rez you.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Dorn

Dorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It did work at one point, but that anti-macro functionality has long since been removed. Nowadays, you're just as well standing in one place.

Ahh I should of been more specific. Someone said they raised mysticism this way. They were stuck at some point then did this trick and it started going up much faster. All references to this north-south server line thing were long after 8x8 was replaced with the GGS. That's actually why I was confused because this sounds sort of like 8x8 but not the same.