Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Please advise me...

- - - - - expansions uo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheShiz1981

TheShiz1981

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I am thinking of rejoining the UO world, but it has been so long, i dont know what to get. Will someone pls tell me what I need to have, as far as expansions, in order to play UO?

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,647 posts
Do you still have an old account? If you reactivate your old account, it will automatically be upgraded to Mondain's Legacy. That means you're only missing two expansion: Stygian Abyss and High Seas. There are a couple of additional entitlements you can upgraded to like extra storage and extra character slots. You can find these on UOGamecodes.com which is an EA site.

If you activate a trial account, it will also be entitled to Mondain's Legacy and after the trial is finished you can upgraded to the other two expansions and various other entitlements at your convenience.

What shard do you play?

TheShiz1981

TheShiz1981

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
No old account...will be starting new. Will i have any problems with all expansions if i have 1 gb ram, and an Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE Graphics card? If i need to upgrade the ram, thats np, but i can't afford a new graphics card atm.

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I don't know much regarding the video card, but I had 1gb of ram for a long time and it worked fine.

for comparison, UO, (regular, not the Enhanced Client) runes fine on a Acer Netbook with only 1gb of memory and whatever default video card it comes with

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
I'm running an old AGP style Geforce 6600 GT in an old single-core 2.6 GHz computer I built back in 2001 that has 3 gig of ram in it and can run the Classic Client fine and the Enhanced Client pretty well. A flying gargoyle doesn't move smoothly in the Enhanced Client but characters on horses do.

You will have access to most of the game other than the Gargoyles and their lands, which require UO:SA, and won't be able to use or ride the new larger ships without having UO:HS. The game is very playable with what you will have access to. I rarely play past UO Samuri Empire other than having a gargoyle character and using the imbuing skill for crafting.

Welcome back :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

TheShiz1981

TheShiz1981

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
im gonna join pacific shard...name will be shiznit or some variation. i will look for you on there if you dont mind :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: expansions, uo