Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Tresure Hunter

22 replies to this topic

Hollywood

Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
I didn't see anyone have a treasure hunter template on here, and i know there are many different variations but i thought i would put mine up and see if anyone has any advice

100 Magery
110 Animal lore
110 Animal Taming
110 Vet
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
70 Eval

Ive thought about getting rid of eval and adding mining, and possibling lowering vet to get mining to 81 what do you think?

jrbuedel

jrbuedel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I didn't see anyone have a treasure hunter template on here, and i know there are many different variations but i thought i would put mine up and see if anyone has any advice

100 Magery
110 Animal lore
110 Animal Taming
110 Vet
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
70 Eval

Ive thought about getting rid of eval and adding mining, and possibling lowering vet to get mining to 81 what do you think?

I use provoking, music and Eval Intel inlure of Animal lore and Animal Taming and Meditation.

jrbuedel

jrbuedel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I use Provoking, Music and Meditation inlure of Animal Lore, Animal Taming and Vet. All my skills are at 100.

Paulev76

Paulev76

A knight of the woeful countenance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm interested in this template as well. Why train lockpicking and magery? Can't you just cast Unlock? Does lockpicking assist with the traps in some way?

Hollywood

Hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
casting unlock can only be done on lvl 1-3 treasure maps, http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map

Lockpicking doesn't get rid of the traps but you can cast telekensis and set off the trap from a safe distance once the chest is unlocked.

Maximilliean

Maximilliean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

casting unlock can only be done on lvl 1-3 treasure maps, http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map

Lockpicking doesn't get rid of the traps but you can cast telekensis and set off the trap from a safe distance once the chest is unlocked.

Just make sure you cast telekensis from 3-4 tiles away, closer and you will be in range of the traps. It also only removes one trap at a time so its a good idea to cast it until you don't see any of the traps animations.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, this doesn't work on seige. You either have to have the remove traps skill or high resist and hope you survive.

Zlyuka

Zlyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just returned to UO myself one month ago, last time I played was pre-AoS era. Anyway, I've built a treasure hunter fairly easily and done over 100 lvl5-6 maps already (thanks to Miasma).

100 carto
100 lockpicking
110 magery
100 med
100 eval
100 focus
110 mysticism *

* Just got UO:SA so training mysticism up to 110 right now. However I can solo all 5-6 Tmaps easily except Trammel/Fel ones with just magery, just by casting EV's, sometimes earth eles, demons and ebolts.
You don't even need mining, all you need is a screen capture tool such as Scissors in Win7/Vista and UO Cartographer. With some practice it only takes a couple minutes to find the chest.

I'm not sure how helpful Mysticism would be with rising colossus, however I've seen people chain-solo balrons with it. Taming on the other hand is a huge pain to train. And besides you don't need more than 80-90 vet unless you're after extra stable slots. I also play my pre-AoS tamer and dropped vet back from 110 to 100 as benefits are very small.

Good luck with hunting for treasures!

Black Math

Black Math

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i recently started playing again after a couple of years, went to try a lvl 6 T-map and got trounced by some greater dragons, how do you kill these things?

Zlyuka

Zlyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

i recently started playing again after a couple of years, went to try a lvl 6 T-map and got trounced by some greater dragons, how do you kill these things?

First, lure all weaker mobs away and kill them. For mystic/mage t-hunter dragons aren't very hard, just sometimes time consuming. So I just spam rising colossus till it dies. They dispel a lot, so have 40% lower mana cost and as much mana regen items as you can cram into your suit.

Ancient wyrms are a little easier, 4-8 RC's and it's dead.

I can solo even level 7 t-maps, but frost dragons are a royal pain (due to RC hitting them for 3x less than it hits regular g-dragon). Sometimes takes up to 20 minutes to kill one. I usually just relog on my disco tamer and kill them with my trained greater dragon. Though its entirely possible to solo them with just mystic/mage hunter.

Buffy

Buffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

100 carto
100 lockpicking
110 magery
100 med
100 eval
100 focus
110 mysticism *

* Just got UO:SA so training mysticism up to 110 right now. However I can solo all 5-6 Tmaps easily except Trammel/Fel ones with just magery, just by casting EV's, sometimes earth eles, demons and ebolts.
You don't even need mining, all you need is a screen capture tool such as Scissors in Win7/Vista and UO Cartographer. With some practice it only takes a couple minutes to find the chest.

I'm not sure how helpful Mysticism would be with rising colossus, however I've seen people chain-solo balrons with it. Taming on the other hand is a huge pain to train. And besides you don't need more than 80-90 vet unless you're after extra stable slots. I also play my pre-AoS tamer and dropped vet back from 110 to 100 as benefits are very small.

Good luck with hunting for treasures!

I would like to make a treasure hunter, and this template looks like the winner, but why Mysticism? I am completely new to treasure hunting, and I have never even went near the skill so I don't know much about it, could I just choose another skill in it's place? Or do you strongly recommend keeping it? Thanks!

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I would like to make a treasure hunter, and this template looks like the winner, but why Mysticism?

Read the previous posts - and with this piece of information in mind:
RC means "Rising Colossus". It is a mysticism spell similar to "Energy Vortex". You summon a "monster", or rather a "colossus" which will kill your enemies for you.

Here be some links:

Rising Colossus - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
Mysticism - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

(I deleted the video on Youtube I had posted earlier, I think it shows a non-official shard)

Zlyuka

Zlyuka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I would like to make a treasure hunter, and this template looks like the winner, but why Mysticism? I am completely new to treasure hunting, and I have never even went near the skill so I don't know much about it, could I just choose another skill in it's place? Or do you strongly recommend keeping it? Thanks!

Mysticism/magery are very easy to train up to 110, and that's all you really need to effectively solo ALL level6 maps. Level 7 maps can also be done (except Ilshenar ones), just Fel/Tram ones are a huge pain due to frost dragons.

Actually I only do level 6+ maps, anything below is a waste of time (unless you just want to learn).

BlaireMoonray

BlaireMoonray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
how hard is it to train a fresh t hunter like the one u posted using mage and mysticism gear wise to do maps solo and effectively

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

how hard is it to train a fresh t hunter like the one u posted using mage and mysticism gear wise to do maps solo and effectively

Skill training is not hard in this game. Some skills are slow and repetitive and some power scrolls cost a fortune. Gear for treasure hunting is not that important when using the rising colossus. You can get away with cheap gear. You might want to look after lots of mana regeneration and mana increase.
My recommendation:

• Enough magery to cast invisibility without failure. I am not sure, 80-100 should be enough. Magery training is fast with a LRC suit, when visiting the Satyr and taking advantage of mage weapons.
  • 120 Mysticism. The power scroll is expensive but failing to cast rising colossus is annoying and can lead to death. Training is a bit slow here.
  • 120 Focus to strengthen your mysticism spells. The power scroll for this skill can be expensive. Skill gains are pretty fast.
  • 100 Mining to make it easier to find the treasure chests. High mysticism and focus offer a fairly strong offensive power, so I'd think mining is more useful than evaluating intelligence.
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Lockpicking
It is personal preference, as always. There are several options to choose from.

UOGrandpappy

UOGrandpappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I'm not sure how helpful Mysticism would be with rising colossus, however I've seen people chain-solo balrons with it.

Just lemme say......a LOT.
Simply a waste to have less than 120 myst 120 focus if your going to be using the RC's.

BlaireMoonray

BlaireMoonray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i remember in the day there was a UOA macro that bought the maps from a mapmaker then made the world maps then sold them back and the mapmaker any ideas how to set this back up again i cant remember to save the life of me

Buffy

Buffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

• Enough magery to cast invisibility without failure. I am not sure, 80-100 should be enough. Magery training is fast with a LRC suit, when visiting the Satyr and taking advantage of mage weapons.
  • 120 Mysticism. The power scroll is expensive but failing to cast rising colossus is annoying and can lead to death. Training is a bit slow here.
  • 120 Focus to strengthen your mysticism spells. The power scroll for this skill can be expensive. Skill gains are pretty fast.
  • 100 Mining to make it easier to find the treasure chests. High mysticism and focus offer a fairly strong offensive power, so I'd think mining is more useful than evaluating intelligence.
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Lockpicking
It is personal preference, as always. There are several options to choose from.

So you suggest:
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
100 Mining

?? What about the leftover skill points? So magery 80-100 and then the rest for Meditation? I am still playing around with the template and am trying to figure out what I should keep and what I should lose. Treasure Hunting templates are quite confusing! :P

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
I have magery at high enough to never fail invisibility.
Scoot around until I find the right location, abort the digging by moving, summon a Rising Colossus, start digging, cast invis and hold it until the chest fully appears then target myself (each "dig" reveals you, so you have to invis between the last dig and the spawning).

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

So you suggest:
(...)

?? What about the leftover skill points? So magery 80-100 and then the rest for Meditation? I am still playing around with the template and am trying to figure out what I should keep and what I should lose. Treasure Hunting templates are quite confusing! :P

There is no need for me to fill them up, but of course you are free to use them as you see fit. With skills on a spellbook, jewelry etc. you probably could have maybe 120 free points left for whatever you might want. Meditation, Evaluating Intelligence, Tailoring... Here's another suggestion:

• Around 100 Magery
  • 120 Mysticism
  • 120 Imbuing instead of Focus
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Mining
  • 120 Meditation (because even with lots of MR and LMC you will want either focus or meditation)
Why imbuing, you ask? Because treasure hunting will get you hundreds of armor pieces and weaponry which you could then unravel with this very character - so you don't need to switch characters. Imbuing does the same for Mysticism as Focus but Imbuing gives you no bonus to mana regeneration, hence Meditation as an addition. There are many templates you can try for yourself and see what is the most fun - for you.

BlaireMoonray

BlaireMoonray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Around 100 Magery
  • 120 Mysticism
  • 120 Imbuing instead of Focus
  • 100 Lockpicking
  • 100 Cartography
  • 100 Mining
  • 120 Focus