Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Imbuing Template

7 replies to this topic

Kihls

Kihls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
What is a good setup for an imbuing character? I've come back to the game after leaving in 04 and a short few month return in 07. SO much is new to me. I'm rebuilding a crafter build now but with all the different skill profiles it seems hard to squish into one. So please share with me your builds for other imbuing chars out there! :)

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
I primarily play Crafters. If your into playing in that corner of this sandbox of ours, what i have gone with are two Crafters with the following skill sets.

Landreu

Blacksmithing.....120
Tailoring............120
Tinkering...........100
Carpentry..........100
Fletching............100
Arms Lore..........100
Magery................60
Musicianship.........20

He wears an imbued bracelet & ring adding +26 Meditation, +26 Evaluate Intelligence, and +26 to Magery that along with a +15 to Magery from a Tome of Lost Knowledge gives him GM Magery to defend himself and make Abbatoir & Pentagram housing add-ons. He has a set of jewelry to swap to that gives him 45 Musicianship to make musical instruments.

Valana

Alchemy...............100
Inscription............100
Imbuing...............120
Item Identification..100
Magery.................103
Focus...................110
Meditation..............87

She has +23 Magery from jewelry with another +10 from a spellbook giving her 120 Magery and then a +13 to Meditation from the jewelry (This is her regular clothing jewelry, the set with her armor as more). She had 100 Cooking and more points of Magery before I gave her Imbuing. Doing this also let me put 120 Focus on the gargoyle to add to his Meditation and MR items.

Mining & logging are handled by a spellslinger and there is a second GM alchemist on a second account to that I often run side by side when filling plant potion kegs and doing cannon supplies. The Classic Client will run two copies on my computer, or you can run one Classic & one Enhanced Client side by side.

I origonally trained Imbuing on a gargoyle because of the bonus it gives to imbuing. I moved it to a human character that is usually logged in every day I play to let me unravel gathered loot without having to log in the gargoyle just to do the unraveling. My Crafter Landreu, and his daughter are the ones I primarily play. The other 12 characters are there as support characters for the crafters, and as a change of pace.

You can find soulforges to have at your house or use the one in Ter-Mur. The Queen's forge in Ter-Mur, once you gain enough points of favor with her, gives more bonus's.

Do the imbuing that requires relic fragments or enchanted essence first if possible. The stuff's fairly expensive.

Packing Crafting into one character will mean not having every skill. Item Identification lets you see what an item will give when unraveled using imbuing. It can be skipped. You will need to decide what you want your character to be able to craft, then post that info so some skills can be removed from the list.

Do you want any combat ability? Landreu has the GM Magery but he has a very bad time casting EV's compared to a mage with 100 points of real skill. He does carry the title of Illustrious so he is capable of saving his own hide when he decides to hunt. :)

Post some more details and we can give you better suggestions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Kihls

Kihls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I really appreciate your effort in sharing your builds and respect for crafting! This is exactly what I was looking for.. I don't have time tonight to read through it all, but I was planning to expect to need two crafters and wanted to have the right balance to accommodate all the requirements for say carpentry and inscription etc. I'm sure this is what I was looking for, thank you again friend :)

Kihls

Kihls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok so after further review, I think my one current crafter will fit your first template fine.

Right now he's

100 blacksmith
100 tinker
100 tailor
100 mining (ill be moving this to my cartographer)
100 arms lore

I'm not so worried about magery on the second one unless imbuing will be taking me somewhere where i need to fight to get those loyalty points or defend myself? I haven't even purchased the expansion just yet so thats all new to me. I run 2-3 classic clients at a time usually so if just for protection I can usually take my mage to protect other chars.

Kihls

Kihls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Do you have a lumberjack and do you keep that skill on a swords fighter possibly? Is that still viable?

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

I'm not so worried about magery on the second one unless imbuing will be taking me somewhere where i need to fight to get those loyalty points or defend myself?

You will need to hunt monsters in Ter-Mur to earn the loyalty points and many of them take a fair bit of damage to kill. I went with Toxic Sliths to the NE of the moongate and across a bridge. Not bad at all to kill. Anything else pretty much has a lot of hp, and if it bears a red name, is probably going to start thinking about having lunch when it sees you.

Do you have a lumberjack and do you keep that skill on a swords fighter possibly? Is that still viable?

My lumberjack is a mage who used to be my Thunter until the changes to Thunting made it to much mousing. He has Magery, Eval, Meditation, Resist, Lockpicking, Mining, and Lumberjacking.

My primary account was all spellslingers until I made one into an Archer/Paladin/Provoker a couple years back. I had given up on melee completely when the release of UO:AoS made melee seem like all it was was alternating between the attack and heal macros. My second account was mainly plant carriers and low skilled Smith/Tailors to get BODs until I decided to start seriously building thier skills last summer. I have two melee characters on that account now, one a Samuri/Swordsman and the other a Stealther/Mystic/Fencer. Both are pure combat skills and are currently intended to gather items for the Crafters. Most of my characters were made back before pets bonded and would Recall with you which made Magery with the Gate spell the way to go for foraging characters. Pack animals tend to try and feed themselves to anything they run into. :reye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
BTW if you want your Crafters to have 100% LRC normal appearing clothing instead of having to run around in armor, use a Pendent of the Magi (30% LRC), an Alchemist's Bauble (20% LRC), a ring, hat, and a leather skirt or Ninja Leggings with a total of 50% LRC for the three. The skirt is covered by most female clothing and the Ninja Leggings don't have the obvious kneepads.

A crafting Crafter shouldn't be encumbered by armor. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kihls

Kihls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you :)

I'm at

Arms 100
Blacksmith 100
Carp 100
Tailoring 100
Tinkering 100

about to do fletching next, then once I finish getting my taxes back the expansion so I can start imbueing character haha

Reply to this topic