Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

template..

- - - - - template

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
mage
eval
resist
wrestle
ninjitsu
inscribe
20 focus
Posted Image

malaci

malaci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey Cutter I understand the mage , eval, resist, wrestling, and inscribe.. but why ninjitsu and 20 focus?
Malaci

"To die by the hands of a sword is Honorable, To die while running away is a Coward"

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I would assume for deathstrike with a mage weapon, and animal form for hightailing it if need be. The 20focus is 1mr 2sr. It is by far the most effective, in terms of only using 20 points.

malaci

malaci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
humm.. I didn't know that... learn something new everyday on these forums.. thanks for sharing Bo..:)
Malaci

"To die by the hands of a sword is Honorable, To die while running away is a Coward"

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
You could also throw 20.1 tracking in, to get a tracking bonus with your deathstrike. I dont use it cause its too slow to bring it up and target, especially if you are in a gank or big fight

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
human form = 20 tracking.
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
hehe, well you could always just cheat like a couple of the guilds on atlantic so that you have 1000+ skill points... rofl

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Oh, and this is just my opinion, but I've tried fighting pvp without parry, and it's insanely difficult. Also, I tried pvp without magic resist, and again, insanely difficult. So my suggestion would be to always have these two skills on a pvp template. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose parry over magic res, however, not having magic res reeeeeeeally hurts you against a mage. If the mage knows you don't have magic res... well, gg, he's gonna kick your butt.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I was told that 20 isnt enough, that you needed that .1 to make it effective.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
if they dont have hiding u actually only need like 2.0 tracking
but certainly as a human u will be able to track anyone that does not have high hiding/stealth
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Oh, and this is just my opinion, but I've tried fighting pvp without parry, and it's insanely difficult. Also, I tried pvp without magic resist, and again, insanely difficult. So my suggestion would be to always have these two skills on a pvp template. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose parry over magic res, however, not having magic res reeeeeeeally hurts you against a mage. If the mage knows you don't have magic res... well, gg, he's gonna kick your butt.

parry is nice to have but if yer quick enough on a wrestle./enhance pots mage u can get away w/o it
sometimes it sucks when abunch of dexers are on me but that is when I just run and chug

as for magic resist...if you don't have magic resist on yer char u shouldnt be pvping period, the end.
Posted Image

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
one technical question, is paralyzing blow effect cut when damaged by spells or weapons?

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
yes.
Posted Image

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Yea the whole running without any resist in pvp is just dumb. Luckily I found this out on a stupid char that didn't matter to me, so there was no problem with that. Btw, do you use shurikens on your ninja? Also with the new changes to parry, how have you compensated with Jim Bo.

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Raised his dex to 80.
mana took a slight hit (75 mana now only) but its okay.
really tho ive been playing my mage alot more often now
as for shurikens...yea ive tried them but since you need one hand open to use them, and i use a shield +weap for the 4/6 on him it isnt really viable.
Plus I dont really need them since i have the poisoning anyhow...

A bush ninja anat/heal dexer w/o poisoning Id most likely use them since id be one hande weapon wielding w/ no shield...but I don't run that template
Posted Image

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
ok, I played my cards and bought a character, my armor has hat of magi, pendant, armor of fortune, ring of elements, inquisitors resolution, ornament.

all resists above 60ies, 34 lmc, 6 2 cast, 101 lrc, mana regeneration 10, 15 hci, 25 dci, 15 sdi, all skills 120, 245 stats (135, 40, 150 after bless), wrestler scribe mage.

How am I supposed to kill someone? I mean, I can't prevent them from healing so that doesn't help, should I change the template or something?

current template:
120 eval
120 medit
120 rs
120 magery
120 wrest
100 scribe.

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
hehe that's a very nice classic pure mage template right there. You can prevent them from healing by castin poison. The lvl 1 poison won't do any dmg but it'll be enough of a nuisance that you may be able to get in another ebolt to finish someone off. The thing about being a mage is timing. It's very difficult to get down perfect timing and takes some practice, but once you know your character well enough, you'll be very formidable.

Against a dexxer, cast curse, put disarm on, precast exp, fs, psn, then ebolt. You'd probably, kill a few people with just that, but if not, cast either harm or fireball to finish them off.

Against another mage, there really is no preset casting combo, so you'd have to wing it depending on how the other mage plays his guy.

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
my problem actually is that I render chanceless against necros or tanks

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
drop medi
stack in more mana regen if possible

add ninjitsu, (40+ damage deathstrikes...)

Learn how to stun someone, and then land a deathstrike as u target the precasted explode...

Stun can keep them from healing
in nox can keep them from healing.

key tho is the deathstrtike.
w/ the inscribe+sdi...an expl fs will do 75+ damage if u curse first.
add the 40 from DS ontop of that and most ppl are gonna die from less.
PLus if you are human (be human for extra mr anyways) u can track everyone except stealthers mostly...which can lead to 50 or 60 damage deathstrikes.

Need to carry the following...
Red pots
Yellow pots
Orange pots
Enchanted apples (for necro's strangle...)
Trapped box

-be quick w/ ur dog form key if u are ever dismounted, and u should never die. (well rarely)...
key is enhance pot ring tho. I wear an 0/2 ring w/ 75% ep, and the 15% ep talisman on top of that...so a Gheal pot generally heals upwards of 45+hp's...
Posted Image

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
also a very neat trick is the X-Box...

Get somebody cursed first preferably...

Precast an energy field...use target next (or select next/mobile...in new targetting system) untill you have you'r prefered target aQuired...hit attack last (makes u hit them, and stun them w/ ur toggled stunpunch)
Quickly drop the efield across their bar, cast a wall of stone, move to the 90 degree paralell...(to one side)and target wall of stone.
They are now trapped on one tile and can't move till wall drops
This gives ya a good amount of time (higher magery=wall lasts longer) to kill them with a massive dump...
I generally stand back and explode, fs, poison, while moving in to disarm them...and finish them w/ harms.
Toggle deathstrike While harming and should the wall drop before they die...they will run and die from the DS.
This is preferably used vs dexies...because most smart mages will teleport out while you try to expl fs...although if you use small spells you can keep his teleport attempts interrupted too (unless he has on protection!)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template