Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

template..

- - - - - template

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
How would you build a Bushido/Necro/Mage for pvp? Leave a recommended suit if possible.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
That would be a VERY cramped template. As you would need a weapon skill to use the damage spells in bushido, and parry to do the evasion. You would end up having to drop med and resist. I would reccomend ninjitsu w/staff or swds of prosp for your deathstrikes

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
how would be your template which best matches what I'd like?

Thanks!

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
maybe something like

bush
necro
ss
mage
eval
medit
rs
parry (w low medit and rs )

and using staff of the magi?

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
well, that is 8 skills. You want to have your mage/eval as high as possible, as well as your ss. You could essentially get away with 100 necro. If you had say, 10mr on your suit, you could get away with 80med, and hit the 18mr cap. Remember now tho, if you plan on effectively parrying, you will need 80 dex. Which in a very mana dependant template like yours, would be tough. You would have to sacrafice str/int to do it.

What do you plan on using your bushido for? Is it going to primarily be for evasion? There is a slight penalty now also for evasion, where you wont evade as often without atleast gm tact/anat. You could make a necro/bushido char with something like
bush
anat
tact
necro
ss
parry
weapon skill(staff wouldnt work since you dont have magery)

or
mage
eval
tact
anat
bush
parry

you would lose resist on both templates, but it is a possible way to fit it in.

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
but none of those templates have meditation nor rs, it would be really painfull after some minutes battling..

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
mage
necro
ss
resist
bush
parry
eval

-need atleast 50 weap for evasion (swords or mace depending...)

-not gonna happen unless u drop eval and go straight necro mage, or drop/lower magic resist.
and yeah, no room for medi period.
Add the fact that vamp form is no longer viable, and I dont see much reason to run a template like this.
Posted Image

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
So, to evade you practically MUST be a warrior, right? =(

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
which is how it is SUPPOSED to be. They finally fixed it so it works right. Kudos to them for it!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
yes, you have to be a warrior now for the best evade chances, which is how it is supposed to be. Mages with evade, god.. so lame.

Araevin

Araevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I never had the chance to be lame....lol

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I'm glad someone else agrees with me. A warrior type has AT the most 45hci, so that means that my only means of damage is not guaranteed to hit everytime. Mages had parry, they had evasion, they have 100%hci on their spells. It is only fair that a warrior has a way to block a mages attack, to try to put their spells in check, to be able to "parry" magic. I say it is about damn time they rightfully returned evasion to where it belongs.

malaci

malaci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I agree.. They finally made a warrior a real warrior.. Don't get me wrong and I like mages but I just feel that a warrior should be able to deal out more damage and be able to protect himself easier than a mage. Parry and Evasion Mages totally sucked...>:(

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
yep, this is finally some balance. No template should be invulnerable to every type of attack. Everyone should have their weaknesses...

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
My weakness is "Cox Cable"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
evade mages were way too gimp
Posted Image

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
ok, what would be a necro bush warr template then? thanks by the way!!

Cutter-DB4

Cutter-DB4

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
necro-105
ss-120?
bush-120?
parry-120?
resist -120?
Fencing (or whichever...)
rest into medi i imagine.
enhance pot ring (as allways) I actually reccomend staying out of vamp form even on a necro dex (worst template in game btw,,,imho.)

But something like the above should work...assuming you have lrc suit, high hci, dci, lmc, mana regen, ep ring, lots of pots, and know how to run alot, spamming evasion, confidence, and chugging like crazy.
pretty lame tho if ya ask me. play a mage! =0
Posted Image

Bishibosh

Bishibosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
what mage templates do you like best? im new on pvp thing : P

malaci

malaci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
My Mage template is sorta different form most.. But I like it and it works for me. Just gotta remember the combo's and macro's It's a Necro/Scribe/NOX Mage..

120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
100 Resist
100 Scribe
80 Nox

I also use the Bloodwood Sprit Tally which increases my Necro and Spirit Speak to 105 Necro 110 Spirit Speak. I also have an all 70's suit with 100 LRC, 30 LMC, and +14 Mana Regen. :grin:
Malaci

"To die by the hands of a sword is Honorable, To die while running away is a Coward"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: template