Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Pet Vendor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Thorynn

Thorynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Tamers seem left out of the loop when it comes to vendors and being able to sell their whares (pets). Would it be possible to install a pet vendor that would be able to sell Pets marked for sale directly out of your stable? The stable slot count wouldnt change. It would just let tamers have the same vendor privalages as other trade skills.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Probably possible, but I'm against it. This is one of the last things that actually require player interaction. Too many other things can be done without need of another player these days.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

LoL

LoL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Mark me down as in favor of this idea. There arent all that many people playing UO anymore... it is hard enough to find someone who wants to buy a pet and doesnt have a maxed out tamer of their own or a friend willing to give them one; even harder to be at the right place at the right time to to speak with them.

With this I could sell a pet to someone who plays the opposite time of day i do.

Thorynn

Thorynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I think it would spark up the taming aspect of the game since it would start some competition for pets with max stats, or best trained pets to sell. i see it really benefical for all character types, who doesnt need a mount, giant or fire beetle, or that pet with the hard to find color you where looking for? Maybe instead of a golem to train with someone could use a boura or other pet instead. Having pet vendors would make pets available for everyone, whatever time of day or night it was. Plus tying it directly to a players stable would prevent duping. Of course people could only purchase certain pets if they had the right amount of open control slots, or proper skill level to use the pet. I think this would be a welcome addition to UO.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I think it would spark up the taming aspect of the game since it would start some competition for pets with max stats, or best trained pets to sell. i see it really benefical for all character types, who doesnt need a mount, giant or fire beetle, or that pet with the hard to find color you where looking for? Maybe instead of a golem to train with someone could use a boura or other pet instead. Having pet vendors would make pets available for everyone, whatever time of day or night it was. Plus tying it directly to a players stable would prevent duping. Of course people could only purchase certain pets if they had the right amount of open control slots, or proper skill level to use the pet. I think this would be a welcome addition to UO.

Doesn't sounds bad that way. But you should only be able to sell as many pets you can hold in your own stable. Elsewise people will start hording animals beyond their stable limit ;)
Maybe flagging the pets you want to sell in your stable via that 'vendor' you put up to sell them.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
like a pet deed that is stored in your stable

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

like a pet deed that is stored in your stable

NO, NO DEEDS. That would make duping or what that called possible *wiggles finger*

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Mic

Mic

Tigurius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I vote against this idea. While I do like it, and think it's a good one, as said above, it removes another layer of player interaction, interaction which is lacking and very much needed.

I remember the times when tamers would go out, tame quite a few ostards and sit at Britain bank selling them for around 5 - 10k each. Those were the days. When was the last time you saw that? A few years ago for me.

LoL

LoL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Mic that is not due to people being unwilling to interact, but instead due to ther lack of people to interact WITH. Also, most people have their own tamers now, so you arent going to see people selling common mounts. This idea would help by allowing someone who has tamed something rare/unusual or highly trained to sell it to a VERY small subset of interested buyers without having to spend hours spamming Luna.

The issue you are talking about is population related. Besides, implementing this suggestion wouldn't change the fact that people dont bank sit and sell pets since they are ALREADY not doing that.