Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Fixed an exploit allowing players to go where they shouldn't be going

- - - - - allowing exploit fixed players

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Huh?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I guess they fixed it so Trammies cant goto Felucca. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Those Mall guys were going into an area similar to green acres.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Those Mall guys were going into an area similar to green acres.

Ohhhhhhh, I was wondering why theyd bring the shard down a few hours before regular maintenance for people being able to get into Private houses...now it makes more sense.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Ha ha ha!!

But actually, I thought it was the ladder thing.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
How do they (the players) find this stuff so dang fast?!?!?!?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I still wanna know how people find those weird exploits, like, who thought of creating a dartboard deed, placing it, smashing it with an axe, then smelting it to get free ingots?

That was one of the worst exploits I know of, went on for 2? months before it was fixed and it was discovered by someone like.....2 weeks after AOS came out.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
I think there are people who dedicate their time to nothing BUT finding bugs and exploits, then sell them online for a monthly fee. I dont know what site it is, but I have heard that there is a site out there that offers these services. Probably a gang of people sitting in mommy's basement just tooling away trying to find the next exploit that they can sell.....

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well that paticular exploit with the ingots allowed a certain ex broker to net in like....50k USD or something stupid

Damin

Damin

Don't Panic!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Well then there is your answer...greed.

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Yeah, so all the Fellies who can't handle a PvP encounter away from their moongate are now safe again.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
The people who go looking for exploits/bugs probably do it for 2 reasons, (in no particular order) 1. Greed and 2. It's what they like to do.

I'd lean more on #2 (as gross as that sounds :P) because I don't think if they didn't enjoy doing it in the first place it wouldn't be worth the money.

Moongates are foolish to use in Fel, and are mainly used by Trammies.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I have yet to see a Red hiding in a guard zone, popping out to take a shot at a blue and then run back into the guard zone. What I have seen is entire shards crushed, begging for an alliance or to join The Empire. Most hiding in their homes waiting for us to leave. Once we are gone, then they come out and have the audacity to say they can pvp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
Mm. Must be different on other shards then. On Napa you will only find the "hard rockin' reds" in two places: hugging the Britain moongate area, and Baracoon. When you ask them why, it's more or less "cuz thats fel its gates or spawns stfu". To which most of us shrug and generally say to ourselves, "So much for Felucca."

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I understand. Although they come few and far between, there are those that roam OTHER areas besides gates/spawns in Felucca.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
Everyone has their own reasons to play. With the inclusion of real life money into play, some people just play UO to make a buck. I know for a fact there are some guilds on atlantic that only play to either find rares, sell items, or find exploits. Most of the exploiting goes on in Atlantic. I could name some names of the people who I know who only do this, but there would be no point to it cause nothing would happen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allowing, exploit, fixed, players