Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Help me touch up this 4/6 temp plz!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Commando Rambo

Commando Rambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just returning to uo after a two year break. After about a month of playin I can see the 4/6 dexer is well outdated. However, it can still be effective if you know what you're doing. (I'm lookin for a relatively easy template to become reacquainted with the speed of the game.)

The temp thus far is:

120 fencing
120 resist
100 tact
100 anat
100 heal
100 parry
65 chiv

Yes I'm aware there are 15 points on the table. Thats where you come in! Im a touch unfamiliar with most new equipment out there. So with that in mind I'm looking for suggestions on where to set these skills, what to add/subtract, and what specific pieces of equipment to pick up for skill bonus (if at all). I've still got a spirit o totem, orny, an numerous other artys at my disposal so the sky is the limit there.

You're attention is much appreciated. Thanks!

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
You have a lot of options to consider and it's hard for me to say DO THIS or DON'T DO THIS. You template looks pretty solid, healing/anat with chiv to back it up, but lack of med worries me about it being effective.

120 resist is very nice I highly suggest it especially since all of mysticism spells are based directly against resisting spells. If you enjoy your template as is, then I would say bring parry up higher to 115, and drop healing 5 points( to 95) to make 120 parry. Then you use enhanced bandages and you will be 105 healing. This will sure up your defense against the archers and dexxers that are so common where I play.

If you want to try a higher offense type, you could drop parry and put archery on, use the +20 deer mask and be an archer fencer w/ 4/6 chiv. Take those extra points and pump tactics or anatomy.

I am not a fan of bushido, however evaders can be very tough to kill, but it likely means you will have to drop resist for it. I personally would rather have resist but it will add some offense, and gives you the option to use a bokuto (use best weapon in your case), and one of my favorite weapons, a pitchfork for bleed and dismount ability.

You could do a lot with this template, but it will depend on how you fight and who/what you are fighting. If you are running into a lot of mages, parry will not seem that effective, however against a lot of archers it will be invaluable. The only thing that stands out to me that you do not have is meditation or focus for mana return, as chiv mixed with specials from weapons will drain your mana pool quickly.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
you can however by pass the med route by being a human toon, you get 20 points in med anf focus for free effectively giving you 3 mr straight off the bat, then deck out each piece in you suit with 2 mr or 3 mr if you use a rbc (which in my opinion is one of the best warrior suit pieces you can get) so without the head piece you would have 11mr plus the 3 from joat to give you a total of 14 mr which is more then enough in the way of mana regen.

then make sure you have lower mana cost

i would drop healing to 90 and make up the 10 with enhanced aids with 100 anat and 100 healing thats still 45 - 55 hp heals

personally i don't see the need for resist at all... so i wouldn't have it but thats my playstyle... and i always believe that a bush chara should have 120 in weapon skill, 120 in parry and 120 in bushido...

goto TC and try it out... there is pvp to be had there and you can make armour pieces easily, and also test out templates

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Just returning to uo after a two year break. After about a month of playin I can see the 4/6 dexer is well outdated. However, it can still be effective if you know what you're doing. (I'm lookin for a relatively easy template to become reacquainted with the speed of the game.)

The temp thus far is:

120 fencing
120 resist
100 tact
100 anat
100 heal
100 parry
65 chiv

Yes I'm aware there are 15 points on the table. Thats where you come in! Im a touch unfamiliar with most new equipment out there. So with that in mind I'm looking for suggestions on where to set these skills, what to add/subtract, and what specific pieces of equipment to pick up for skill bonus (if at all). I've still got a spirit o totem, orny, an numerous other artys at my disposal so the sky is the limit there.

You're attention is much appreciated. Thanks!

Well if you are looking at running a 4/6 I would go with this

120 fencing
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 resit
120 parrying
60 chiv
60 med

Go human to use JOAT. Also try to add some EP get as close to 50ep as you can. You can heal by close wounds, heal pots, confidence, and the spellweaving spells. As far as equipment I am not sure what is all out, but with imbuing you can make almost any suit you want to.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Now if you want to make a 4/6 template that just pisses everyone off....here you go

120 archery
90 tactics
105 chiv
60 spellweaving (i think it is 60 cast pixies 100%)
120 ninja
100 hiding
80 stealth
rest in med.

I this template killed me in seconds. The guy tried to dismount me but missed. I took off after him and turned the conner and I got dismounted saw all kill...was surround by pixies, getting AI'ed and died to holy light.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
5 pixies is death in fell unless your a mage and have mass dispell ready to deal with them in very quick order

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I am a mage and didn't see the pixies until it was too late.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
it is for that reason i use the spell protection, it doesn't disrupt me, yes my spell casting is slower but when i summon pixies i can keep my enemy disrupted and use the big spells to destory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Commando Rambo

Commando Rambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks for the ideas everyone...

this fence/archer idea has be very interested. there's a dude on my shard that i run into occasionally at various spawns and he usually rolls solo on this fence/archer. I've never seriously considered the combination simply because the idea of two wep skills always seemed a waste but the fence/archer ive witnessed in action is very effective. disarm/bleed/mortal seems to be the bread and butter but i'd like to know the specifics of his template.

any ideas what this temp might be specifically?

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
120 fencing
120 archery
120 resist
And the rest split between tactics, healing, anatomy and ninjitsu. 90 in each works, but if you can get the skill gain items (i.e. hunter's headdress), then you can bring anatomy and tactics to 100 for a little extra punch.
Posted Image

SpANK

SpANK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

5 pixies is death in fell unless your a mage and have mass dispell ready to deal with them in very quick order

cast close wounds and hold it, run in and 1 holy light should take care of those pesky pixies.

SpANK

SpANK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
wow I can't believe how long ago my last post was lol but anyway scratch what I said before... Why holy light and kill your karma when you can generally just dispel evil to take care of them ^ ^.

archite666

archite666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Indeed you can.

Its worth noting the skill amounts you originally posted are not "Min-Max" that is to say you are not getting the "bang-for-you-buck".

Fencing,Resist, and Parry should not be taken under 120. I do not like healing and anatomy on a 4/6 but if I did, I would not run them over 70/80 with enhanced bandaids, at 80/80 you can cure poison,bleed and rez.

Many chiv spells got upgraded for pvp use in the last few patches, It has some decent use at 120 now.