Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Castle corners and balconys

- - - - - balconys castle corners

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ama

Ama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Firstly, hellloooo to the Homes and Castles thread, I hope you can help me out ;]
I have a castle on Europa, Ice Isle, and ive decod a number of times only to not like what ive done ;[

This time round, ive managed to get something i like but im left with a few gaps, which i wondered if anyone here might help/ inspire me to fill.

Firstly...
Posted Image
The top balcony bits. The tables are a bit poopy, but they have to stay as i dont know what else to go there, but what about the nakidness of it... I tried fishing nets, and flowers, and roses and and but I didnt like any of them. I attempted goza mats but didnt like the look. On my roof i have nightshade cris-crossing, but dont want to clash anything. Any suggestions?

And secondly...
Posted Image
This corner. I want to make a little kitchen area, but im stumped as to how to go about it.... Maybe few barrels and foody items? Does anyone any cool kitchens they can post pics of for me to get some ideas?

Any input will be greatly welcomed!
Thanks ;0)
Posted Image

Prizim

Prizim

I am getting too old for this!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I am sure someone here will help you... my deco-ing stinks... my houses are so mish mashed it isn't funny... good luck...
Posted Image

Dragonreborn_KmR

Dragonreborn_KmR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
My house still isnt deco'd heh

Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Well for the first one I would suggest two of those big warrior statues to go directly above the door.
As for the tables, go with a different colour maybe a copper to match the stone?
You seem to have a lot of green and white, so I would try to stick to a colour that would go well with thoses(Val doesn't), perhaps Agapite, its a warm colour that should go well with everything. But try both copper and agapite see which looks best.

As for the emptyness, the Statues should bring it to life a bit more, but I am not sure if that would block the access to those areas.

Perhaps some poinsettas?

As for the secondary screen shot.
I personally would put a foutain of life off the wall 1 space as not to cover up the map and build around that.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
Also, you never saw this! These posts don't exist, I do not have a sense of fashion or design!
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

SoccerMom

SoccerMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
I personally like to see a kitchen area with an oven and a countertop/bar so to speak. You can make some nice ones from the customizing menu. That way you can set food and drink on top and it looks homey.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

I personally like to see a kitchen area with an oven and a countertop/bar so to speak. You can make some nice ones from the customizing menu. That way you can set food and drink on top and it looks homey.

Yeah but the downfall is it's a castle so you can't use the customizing menu.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
That is something I really wish could be addressed in game. People with Castles and Keeps really need a few nice options to use in customizing the places. Stone tables are great to use in that they don't take any lockdowns, not that a castle usually cares... but stone tables don't set correctly together to make countertops... Perhaps barrels like you said, but elevate a row of gozas, then place a barrel under each end. The Goza would have the look of a countertop perhaps? Could also try it with something like the elven cube containers and a goza on top of each of them. Those set tight and line up. They might look really nice. (haven't tried.. just off the top of my head)

The Warrior statues, or arcanist either would look nice paired and I think they would leave the center free passage on the walkway. I would definitely go with simple plants in groupings. Natural looking ones like green ferns or elephant plants. I find that you can take a pampas grass and set it on top of a snake plant and get a nice tall plant or stack several of the elephant ear plants on top of each other too, creating a good variation of designs.

Let us see what you come up with please.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Aside from altering the deco on the tables to something more floral or adding some standing armor to the front side, the layout is pretty set.

As for the area downstairs with the map, you could do a small reading area, or separate that room out with a large storage unit. Hard to describe.

Ama

Ama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well, ive gotten somrething i like ..... So now i put it to the jury......
Posted Image
Bit black but was going for the Star Room effect ;p
And
Posted Image
Just two fableds away from being finished!

SO waddaya think? Any little tweaks i need?
ALL suggestions welcome ;]
Thanks!
Posted Image

Ama

Ama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Whoops - ive turned the big white stat back the right now *blush*
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
That looks Great!!! Good work! Makes me feel like redoing my stuff. :)

~

~

Ama

Ama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Cheers Snowy ;]
Not too sure about my star room idea tho - i hope it will grow on me.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I think the 'staroom' would be nice in the second floor inner room of the castle. It would be more effective in a large patch than in pathways, now that you mention it out loud. Sometimes things just float right past me til someone points it out! :embarasse

Your hand made counter looks good and the rooms are not crowded... that's great. My rooms are always a mass of things until you aren't sure where to look next :laugh:

My 'neighbor' is a good designer and he suggested using Gozas as countertops, they seem to work for him, but they are pretty wide for a counter, I guess, since they are squares. His are not full counters, just more or less 'end tables' and platforms for decor. :embarasse I am not exactly 'quick' to pick up on new ideas myself. I tend to look around at everyone elses and modify from there. Not as creative as my daughter... sure wish I was, her houses are always great!

~

~

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I think it looks great Ama.
Wooden tables on top of unfinished barrels make a good ' food counter ' / bartop though i like the idea of using your storage chests for that also.Nice way to 'hide' them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stormcaller

stormcaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Simply lovely! I never wanted a castle since I don't like the layout of them, nor keeps...but you made it look so inviting. Now perhaps I will redocrate my fiances castle while he plays in his mages tower account! :+) Simply wonderful!

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Also, you never saw this! These posts don't exist, I do not have a sense of fashion or design!

</blackmail>

That says enough.

Posted Image

Jhaelyrr

Jhaelyrr

Thou art giving me reagents? I thank thee!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted Image

Ama,

What'd you do to get that couchy looking bit on the bottom of the room? I think I see some pillows and a bench or two in there.

Posted Image

Ama

Ama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Its from Castles and Coutyards - the 'sit on sofa'.
Its by far the best sofa ive ever seen, doesnt look as bad as some of the 'pillow created contraptions' and u can actually sit on it!

http://www.castlesandcourtyards.com/
Posted Image

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I like the stars a lot. Looks very nice. How did you get the parrot perch white? Tokuno dyes?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balconys, castle, corners