Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Need Second Opinion...

- - - - - opinion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
*Is embressed* Try not to laugh to hard at my skills I know they are probably not the best of choices but this is my first "offical" character sense my dad's character well... wasn't mine and that was years ago so hehe...

Anyway I need a second opinion on something...

Should I drop Provocation to take up Hiding to help keep me alive to keep pets alive? Does hiding work IN battle when something is aggroed onto you and currently hitting you?

An Lor Xen is good but... if the creature is "hitting" me it will interupt sense I am not a true caster... or a true of anything... heals, cure posions etc... it will just say you are distrubed by something so interupts my spells... and some of that posion stinks but if I can HIDE before I am posioned or least a good amount of the time... that would be swell but I do not know how the hide works..

Anyway hope to hear from you all soon ^_^ If hide doesn't work the way I am hoping I am going to have to think of something new... Maybe Meditation to avoid disturbance while I am in battle or what should I do? Provoking I doubt I can keep sense I am going with taming and such...

-RMS Carpathia-

Attached Thumbnails

• Carpathia skills.gif

Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
If a monster has you targeted, you won't be able to hide. I'd drop provoke, and scroll up everything else that you can.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Cast protection and you wont be interrupted when casting your spells.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
So keep with the current template I have? What do you all suggest? And thank you all very much for the help! ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Your tamer is similar to one of my tamers.
120 Music
120 Peace
115 Animal lore
120 Taming
120 Vetinary
80 Magery
45 Med

You can cast Protection, and your spells wont be interrupted. If targeted, you can cast invis on yourself, or if poisoned cast arch cure. With this templete, I peace the monster, and let my pet finish off the monster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
When your barding skills get higher in low spawn (like one or two) you will do fine with your present template. Sadly to say in heavy spawn (like lvl 3 or 4 at a champ spawn) it is best to have lots of pots and a partner to keep you alive.

My bard/tamers template is:

120 provo
110 Peace (use items to get it to 120)
110 Music (use items to get it to 115)
101.5 taming (I can control most pets without jewelry)
100 Vet
100 Lore
60ish Magery (raising it to what skill points I have left)

I have seen what discord can do. Thought about dropping something just to pick it up.

Vepl

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Cast protection and you wont be interrupted when casting your spells.

This is correct. Protection does have a -1 casting penalty though, so you will need to adjust your suit, jewels and weaponry/shield to get as much FC and FCR as possible. Set your Invisibility spell on an easy-to-hit macro (I use F8 for all of my mages).

Also, since your magery is only 80 skill level, it might be advisable to add some +magery jewels so there is less chance of fizzling Invisibility.

Remember, too, that you have Peacemaking at 120 for a reason. If you Area Peace when targeted you might just stop that targeting and survive the encounter.

Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Area peace also stops pets from fighting :( .

Vepl

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Just provoke what ever is hitting you onto something else, if you can :)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Just provoke what ever is hitting you onto something else, if you can :)

He doesn't have Provo, he's a Peace Tamer.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
It is at 82.4 in that picture up there.

Was replying to Carp

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

It is at 82.4 in that picture up there.

Was replying to Carp

You're correct, my mistake. :grin:

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Yes that picture is exactally what my character has and thanks! I got jewlery to raise things I just wanted to show you my "base" stats incase you needed to see them

thanks for all the help all! I appericate it... I will try all that then!

And a suit to -1 casting? what do I look for, what is it called? I got Lower Reagent Cost suit on at the moment

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Rhus Radicans

Rhus Radicans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

And a suit to -1 casting? what do I look for, what is it called? I got Lower Reagent Cost suit on at the moment

-RMS Carpathia-

A -1 casting penalty (from having Protection active) can be countered with Faster Casting shields, spellbooks, jewels and weapons.

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
-1 fast cast penalty is not much of a penalty for a PvMer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Isenbec

Isenbec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
i have the same skill template as you do. Normally i run a distance and invis myself. If im up against a para or something fast on the feet then i do area peace eventhough people out there dont like it. He who runs away fights another day.

I have hiding on my t hunter and when im targeted i dont always hide so again i needta run a bit away and invis myself
There is but one truth. If you Avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more then a puppet.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Protection •• Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted. Lowers physical resistance, resist magic skill and spell casting speed (by 2). Lasts until cast again.
Because of the heavy drawbacks, this spell is, these days, primarily used to train low level resisting spells (due to the drop in the skill) as its almost impossible to kill anyone with a -2 faster casting.

Basically, if you went down this road you would want to try to get at least FC2 on your suit. As much as FC is always a good idea on someone who uses magery, it can be a pain to find the right pieces.

One thing to try is the Swords of Prosperity (if you have the gold or Tokuno Minors to trade in) as its a Mage Wep -0 skill, so youd have at least a fighting chance at not getting hit by mid to higher level spawn.

I think that hiding is very useful, but not so much so no a Tamer. Too much of what you have to do for your pets would reveal you anyway...

Id drop Provo in favor of some Med or Focus (40 if Focus, 50 if Med) and allow your Magery to go up a bit...especially of you go the Swords of Prosp route.

Hope it elps! :)

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
FC/FCR isn't much needed on her templete, with protection cast. She peaces the monster, and vets her pet. At her current level, she will probably need the jewelry to control her pet(Cushide above 100 lore and taming), or to have enough music and peace to peace monsters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Hehe, cast Protection on a char with no FC and see how long it takes to cast Gate. Its like a three-day weekend... :)

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Hehe, cast Protection on a char with no FC and see how long it takes to cast Gate. Its like a three-day weekend... :)

I am well aware of the time involved. Perhaps later, when her skills are maxed, she can look into FC/FCR. With her current templete, FC/FCR will only exhaust all her mana, and leave her running. She has peacing, and should use that in addition to her pet(s). Its only PvM, and not PvP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: opinion