Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Worst loss of a rare ever?

- - - - - loss rare worst

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

EnnV

EnnV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Wow, some of these stories are pretty mad. I feel sorry for all your losses.

I've been very fortunate by comparison. I lost a lot of the black Orchish bows when my house decayed a good few years back. I only had two characters and no money back then, one of them an archer so I was upset at the time :)

Last week I lost my Boomstick due to forgetting to insure it.

Luckily thats it for me. Minors only :)

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I lost 20 Buckets of water.. those that came from the Hedge Maze. :/

Posted Image

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
I just had a big loss. I was sitting around brit bank trying to sell a house on my wife's account and some guy opened up a gate to a collapsed house. So I run into gate to see if theres anything good. When I arrived there were already a lot of people. Most of the stuff had been picked over. I happen to be searching through a chest and found a basket within a basket within 1 and so on for about 4 or so picking up nice weps thoughout until i get to the last one which had 1 each of every runic hammer except val and several full bod books for smithing and tailoring. As soon as I got this stuff i ported out quick take it to my house and come back. Well as it turned out I forgot I was on my wife's account whos chars share a house with me (which is why im able to sell houses with her and still be co-owner at another) and that the stuff didnt get locked down and decayed as I went back to trying to sell the house I placed.

Although I didnt get these myself through filling constant bods I still feel the loss as Im sure all the hammers were worth a lot. I know there were a lot of hammers including ancient smithy hammer which are the same color as the val so even though I looked over the stuff I didnt do it that accuratly so there was a chance a val runic was in there but if there was I dont wanna know.
Power is not given, it is taken!

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
The only loss that comes to my head is just fruit baskets. I'm sure I've lost a big rare in the past, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

I DID laugh at all my guildies who, back when they had the scavenger hunt/race on Chessy, either sold their Purple Mongbat Earrings for 1mil or threw them away. There were only 17 on the shard. I logged into a character I hadn't used in a LONG time, and saw I was still wearing them. Checked the event rares pages....saw they were selling for 20-25 mil now. I got 20mil for mine.

Poor guildies....LOL
Posted Image

Lady Kylana

Lady Kylana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Ok, I had a 'tard moment today.

I was wayyyyyy over my house limit, because my vendors expired. So, I went and threw tons of armor and stuff that the guy who sold me the house left in some crates.

Didn't realize till I spoke to someone at the bank that I'd thrown away some old invuln. armor.

Yeah. :angry5:
Posted Image

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Lost a Bracelet of Healing yesterday..tried and died five times before giving up!

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
A b-b-b-black and white tattered p-p-p-painting. A f-f-f-friend that was quitting gave to me to watch over, and I in turn let another friend put it up in her house since I didn't use in my c-c-c-crib.

She left the game without telling me, and the next thing I know it's hanging in other people's houses over the last couple of years. Well, if it be the same one.

Taught me not to loan my stuff out that others give to me, and most of dat is stuff that isn't necessarily an arty, like that first nice sword I found off the ground in Vesper one Saturday morning when just a n-n-n-newb.

Seemed like it was Christmas day.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
in my house, i put all my arty's rares, special items and whatever (deco, worthy items) in a bag, but forgot to secure :o !@! lost everything, lucky i still got good armor on and 6 mil in my bank
the shadows will prevail

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

uothief.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
The only item I really regret is my Personal Bless Deed for my pvp mage. I was "quitting" at the time and forgot I left it in a chest in my house. I let the account expire, I let the house fall, and I've never seen the deed since.

Out of all of my characters, I only have 1 Personal Bless Deed left.

The others are different stories involving GMs, but we won't get into that now...

Toad

Toad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
I lost my only personal bless deed >< Though I really shouldn't of gotten it to start.. I joined after AOS and should of just missed getting one but my first char managed to get it...
It was on my rune beetle carry which I gave to my alt... Who got killed in Luna..
Posted Image
The army is gone... For now...

Jiffydog

Jiffydog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The worst "rare" I lost turned out not to be a rare but a bug of some sort but until I found that out, I thought my head would explode. Back when I first started playing, housing was next to impossible to get. Idoc's were battlegrounds not so much over the items dropped when the house went kaput but really over the plots of land. My best friend at the time started the game when I did (we got pked together actually in the first half hour we played), and somehow managed to get possession of a one room small house on the beach on fire island and he made me a co-owner and was nice enough to share it with me. I move in, set up a small forge and anvil and I'm happy as can be. The house being on the beach was an added bonus since miners at the time were a favorite of pkers and thieves. Most days I'd either lose all my ingots to a red or to a thief waiting at forges. Now I could go boatmine and then be able to take the boat to the beach near the house and get it into the house and smelted before a couple of red neighbors could get me.
So about a week after I move in, my friend called me, he had decided to redecorate and when he went to get rid of the anvil and forge, something strange had happened and they both ended up in his backpack, and not only were they not in deed form but there were useable. Seems there was a bug in the latest patch that made some of the anvils and forges portable. Now this was before beetles, so I'm thinking that I can put them in a hold of a boat, smelt the ore and transport the ingots and not have to worry about being pked and losing the ingots, or ore, and no more worrys about thieves, its now dig, smelt, recall to the house. All the rest of the day I'm doing the happy panda dance and dreaming of all the ingots I'd be swimming in. I log in, the anvil and forge are gone, and my friend has a table in the middle of the house with a wooden bowl. What he had done was told his guildmaster about them, he wanted them, so my friend had sold them to him for 100k gold, two pairs of colored mage sandals, and a fruit bowl. And when he put the fruit bowl out, he somehow accidently double clicked the bowl and ate all the fruit. My friend gave me the 100k and thought that he had gotten a great deal. Later on, Origin decides that the portable forges and anvils were an exploit and anyone having one would be punished for them. Rumor has it they deleted them all in a later patch but I was still to angry with my friends guildmaster to ever ask him.

Slaveone

Slaveone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I had one of those tmaps from Ilshenar and i was moving it to another location in my house it was next to a rune book that i was trying to click on. I accidently double clicked on the map instead with a char with 0 carto. It instantly turned the map into an adeptly drawn tmap for trammel :(

CapLoD

CapLoD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well lets see.

I once let an in game friend have access to one of my accounts which had a two story stone and plaster and a TON of sigil hued items in it.

like purple deer and bear masks, ranger armor, etc... really odd stuff.

Well he didn't turn out to be such a good friend after all. I logged in a few weeks later to all my stuff gone (why he didn't change my acct ps I don't know)

but on the plus side I had a couple items on my other acct which he didn't have access to. Still have my 1000 diamond sigil hued weddingband.

Also. My RL friend was in a guild. He had a castl;e and gave one of his guildmates access tot he account to use his crafters and such. Well all his stuff disappeared and his castle was no longer his.

The castle was put on ebay with a 1500 dollar buyout.

He knew what city the guy lived in and after a bit of research we had his address, phone number and email. Enough bogus threats and harrassment and the guy was convinced we were about to round up a posse and head north to do some serious damage to the guy and his property. So the guy gave the castle back.

the bid on ebay for the castle was up to 1200 dollars when my friend got it back.

Its amazing how quickly these online games can teach you the life lesson to not trust anyone.

TattooedLioness

TattooedLioness

Wiccan Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Main thing I ever lost and was sad bout it was my pendant of the Magi My insurance had cleaned my bank out and then my body disapered before i could get rezzed and find my way back to body :( it really sucked But My hubby found one on a vendor and got it for me and trust me now Im insured again And never go out hunting if i dont have enought gold in bank LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

mtschoon89

mtschoon89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
LOL, anyhow, I recieved some accounts from friends that I got into this game from. They quit after several years and gave me the accounts. I was looking through some of the stuff in their house. This was right after AOS came out and I was still new to a lot of stuff. I was looking through stuff and found a blue tent deed. I was curious on what would happen if I double clicked it, to see if a tent would pop up to be placed or it would do nothing because it's old. I double click it and it disappears. End of story. Couple years later I learn that it would be worth 200 mil.....=<

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Welcome to UO Forums mtschoon89 :)

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
When I came back to the game I noticed each of my characters had a personal bless deed. I didnt know how it worked and that you could re did it. Well I ended up deleted two of the chars because I was to lazy to redo their skills. Well as it turned out I could have kept those chars and redid their skills and kept their personal bless deeds.
Power is not given, it is taken!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loss, rare, worst