Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Worst loss of a rare ever?

- - - - - loss rare worst

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Lady Shiela

Lady Shiela

Darksaber's Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I havnet really lost any rares..but im afraid everytime i check my crate for something im gonna eat my white muffin...

Guest_DelacourtSisters_*

Guest_DelacourtSisters_*
  • Guests
My coal..

Along with my wedding band collection, 10, 100, 1k, 60k complete. Christmas and 3, 69 stone pieces

These items were all in a secure, blessed so not displayable. All the other items in the secure were still there, the bag the rings were in was still there, just all the rings were gone.

but my coal and 69 rings were the non replacables.

Makes me wonder if everyone's coal disapeared, but I never found anyone else that had any.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
*wishes there was a way to lock down display of Wedding Rings and bottle of Eggnog, and a few other non lockable items that have to be kept in a secure*

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Damage inc.

Damage inc.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Didnt notice this post before. I'm confident of a hard earned victory here.
I moved house just after aos and took some stuff in a packie across to my new abode. Horsie got murdered and i was unable to loot it, called gm but if you remember how long it took to get one just after aos you will understand how i stood and watched the corpse disappear. In it was mostly crap but one item was part of a cart!

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
That's harsh, especially since a fair portion of the rares community are convinced that carts were never obtainable (I know they were).

The knowledge pool for rares has really, really slumped & dwindled over the past year or two, and it's definitely a shame. As we lose players to other games, as webpages go down or just cease to be updated, the history of many rares becomes more & more murky. More assumptions are made, more false information gets tossed around..especially in this age of shard transfers and the end-game of raising hundreds upon millions of gold...

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
The Rares sites... those are wonderful to visit and see. It really is too bad when they go away, as so many good sites have over the years.

~

~

UOseverus

UOseverus

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
After turning in somewhere around 30,000 Tailor Deeds I finaly got a Barbed Kit LBOD (we wont discuss what it took to get the smalls). I completed the deeds and turned it in and got my BKit. I then decided to go to bed and play with it after work the next day. When I got home it was not in the chest I had put it in. I asked my wife about it (Who then had a char on my account), after I described it, She told me that the green was so ulgy she used it on her bods. The next day I got her her own account and her own house!!

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I hope you didn't consider divorce.. glad it was only an ingame new house!!

~

~

Darri Lien

Darri Lien

Timeless Treasures Proprietor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
My worst loss was my AoS rose with my main char's name on it, on Legends. About two years ago I had to leave UO for awhile.. which turned out to be a year. When I first left, the auto refresh was still on houses. So, I let my acct go inactive, while my father tells me he'd keep an out on it and let me know if refresh got turned off. About two weeks or so before coming back, little over a year ago now, I told Dad I was thinking of reopening acct and coming back. He tells me.. 'Oh did I tell you or forget? Your house is gone'

o.0

My first Custom house, in Malas, loaded with vet rewards, power scrolls and stat scrolls, tons of resources, arties, rares, neat deco items, momentoes of old friends, books from folks that no longer play (one who has since passed away), five years worth of playing/collecting, and my green aos rose :/
The rose and books totally unreplacable.

all p00fed

Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I have been searching for three weeks in my highly overcrowded house for the bag containing my three Fur Rugs... the brown ones... I can only guess that they got permanently lost when I redid the house the last time. It's so annoying because I had had those for almost 4 years and used them all the time. *sigh* .... priced replacements... 500K each... *rolls eyes*

~

~

Santi

Santi

El Mero Mero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
I have lost a whole house...with all my stuff in it. Rares...probably a few but I don't recall what they were...probably because there was more junk than actually useful items...

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
"Worst loss of a rare ever" ... was when a dear family member ate the spam!!! :P

She had no idea that it was rare ....

Oh well, such is UO pixeland ... you win some .. you lose some ...:grin:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Branwilde

Branwilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Was when I was preparing for a shardwide event and 2 chests disappeared with most of the loot for prizes (probably because my house had reached lockdown limit and I forgot to take them to the bank). The happy side to the story is that helpers for the event volunteered prizes from their personal collections 10 minutes before starting time so all went well in the end. Phew!!
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Thank goodness for good friends!!

~

~

Guest_The Original Kraven_*

Guest_The Original Kraven_*
  • Guests
Heh... it's funny to hear people talk about things that were common place in the old days as "rares". When I deleted my account back in 1999 I can't imagine the value in current cash that went away with that account.

Multiple castles/towers/keeps, large brick, ect. Along with a crapload in them. I don't know what happened to "old style" weapons when they switched over to this new magic item system (which sucks, btw) but I'm assuming the old weapons/armor retained vanquishing/invuln titles, ect. I had houses full of them.

Since I've come back, though, and started over I think the biggest thing I've lost is a Blackthorne's Kryss. I was dumb and didn't insure it. What can I say? I didn't know about insurance. Back in my day it didn't exist. Hell, locking down items was only around for a bit before I quit. :)

Josh.
Kraven - Sonoma - RIP 1997-1999.
Kraven - Atlantic - 2006!

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
A few years ago I was on right at server up one morning. I went to the Minoc Stables and actually got the "horse dung" that used to spawn every few months. Unfortunately I died on the way home, and was unable to get back to my body, and since it was before insurance or bags of sending it was lost.

I have no idea what it would be worth now but I only had it for about 5 minutes. I really didn't have much time to get attached to it.

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Guest_shalinoth_*

Guest_shalinoth_*
  • Guests
My worst loss has to be the time i forgot to lock down a robe called " I Did Not Win The Luna Gladiator Games" in a special redbrown hue, created by Em Xena on Dracenfels. Those things are worth tens of millions now?

This week i was about to transfer to Europa, i logged off to ask some friends on EU if they wanted anything brought over. One thing led to another and i forgot to log back to my other charcter... who wasnt ON his beetlefull of tokens, powerscrolls, millions, rares and vet rewards to sell. Doh!!

Cephas

Cephas

Lord of Knights [V]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
My biggest loss likely will be when the Veritas guildhouse falls: The current owner has deactivated his account, so I can't retrieve the guildstone or Aupinautu's rose.

Man, if Codal could only have waited one more month, then I'd be back post-Katrina.

Posted Image

The Illustrious Lord Cephas [Lord of Knights, V]
Grandmaster Armsman and Knight of Compassion, Valor & Sacrifice, Follower of Honor

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I'm sure quite a few of us can be rallied together to make sure you do recieve those items, and not someone else. Remember, I made legendary IDOC camper before most people on Napa doing them these days were playing...

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Was when I was preparing for a shardwide event and 2 chests disappeared with most of the loot for prizes (probably because my house had reached lockdown limit and I forgot to take them to the bank). The happy side to the story is that helpers for the event volunteered prizes from their personal collections 10 minutes before starting time so all went well in the end. Phew!!

O_o

That was a close call atleast you had some prizes at that last moment ^_^ Thank goodness for friends as Snowy said!

-RMS Carpathia-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loss, rare, worst