Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Worst loss of a rare ever?

- - - - - loss rare worst

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
OMG! You got paid for all your losses with that one house falling! Best count those blessings! :cheesy:

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I thought vendor contents remain retrievable even after the vendor expires. Have you tried accessing vendors through the house menu?

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

HarvestGod

HarvestGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

OMG! You got paid for all your losses with that one house falling! Best count those blessings! :cheesy:

lol! oh trust me i am!

i just tryed to access the house my vendor was on and there didn't seem to be a way to retreive the items. I always figured the items either just dissapeared or fell to the ground.

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Vendors that crash go into the house sign until their time is up.
You should be able to retrieve your items by either shift clicking the house sign or shift clicking yourself the retrieve the "vendor" (which will just be your items)
If you don't get to it before time runs out the items go to the owner of the house.

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

HarvestGod

HarvestGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Oh lol welll thats good to know for future reference. I'ts been two weeks since it fell so i'm sure the time is up.. that must be a happy house owner. ohh well you win some and you lose some.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I accidently ate one of my purple legs of lamb.
Accidently on purpose.

But I did learn a valuable lesson. Yes, purple legs of lamb are indeed edible.

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Oh yeah... forgot about this one.... Purple Torches turn normal if you light them.... I accidentally clicked on my son in law's Sigel Purple torch... I felt so bad I could have crawled into an ant hole without armor or weapons.... well... maybe not that bad.. but I was begging forgiveness for a few days. He was nice about it, but I felt horrible!

~

~

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Not quite as bad as what Ive been seeing...

I had been playing for around 3 months, it was not long after AoS came out, and I happened across a +60 ASH. Thought I had put it away and started recall mining Gold to enhance some luck stuff that I had and wound up in the middle of 3 Reapers, died and had no idea where I was.

Feeling that time was of the essence, I used the "stuck" option and got to WBB where I got rezzed and found a group wiling to help me get it back.

The reaallly bad thing: I had no idea which rune I had gone to! We tried all of them but the person who was gating us around didnt have much magery so it took us a while. It proved to be a while too long...

It was not a very fun night...

Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Well that Sucks.:(

~

~

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Not a rare at all, but probly one of the best weapons I'll ever say I had, was from the new player chiv quest, Daemon (at the time) Slayer Undead slayer 30% ML 25% SSI 35% DI broadsword, had no idea that it was worth anything or hard to get(yeah, this was my 1st char ever, didn't know about losing young status before 40 hours or whatever). One day I go running around Ilsh Valor, not realizing I'm at 390 something total skill points and at 400 everything would attack me freely, I start wacking an ettin, gain in tactics, and notice an elder gazer to the south. This is the first time I experienced any magic spell cast on me, and it was bad. Ran to shrine and back to body SEVERAL times and couldn't find my original body out of the 20 or so laying there.

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Oh lol welll thats good to know for future reference. I'ts been two weeks since it fell so i'm sure the time is up.. that must be a happy house owner. ohh well you win some and you lose some.

Hmm how come u didnt say anything earlier. I could have told u about the house sign
Did u check the sign? Seems I had some vendor stuff in the sign for quite awhile and was still able to get it

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
my biggest loss wasn't really a loss but a mistake on my party for selling something instead of keeping it.... i was at an dueling event and got a royal brit SHOCKTROOPER sash, ice white like the catskills brit guard sash's but different name and only 12 were givin out well i was still pretty new to the game so when the chance came up to sell the sash for 5m and use the cash i had to buy my first 18x18 i jumped at the chance. cause a 18x18 was surely better than a sash that does nothing. well little did i know 18x18's come and go but event items are the hard things to get.

Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage

Damaged Goods

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Well, after recently coming back I decided to check on my characters. On my necro/mage I had an old golem I used to do swords training on. I needed the stable space so I took him out and let him go thinking I could get a new one. Little did I know that 100% poison resist golems could no longer be made.

DOH!

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Not really rare.. but expensive (by siege standards)... took a night's kiss out to farm daemons with Kat. Forgot to bless it and lost it when i died to the spawn. Its my most embarassing loss because I went home, got another one.. and did the exact same thing right away. :P

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I was at swoops, I had been there for hours collectiong minor artys. I finally grew weary and left. I stop at the Guild hoise, to dump the pack of items I had snagged. I camr across these armor parts, byt the stats where not so hot, so I tossed them.

Later I was reviewing my log files and i noticed the descp showing part of armor set, having no clue what that meant, i searched uostuff and, much to my dismay, I had tossed away about 3 armor sets.

Posted Image

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
My friend lost his white Dragon Bone earrings. I could have smacked him

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Hehe... I got another one that I just remembered... there was a really great month long war on Siege recently. Anyways.. I'd get home from work, grab a beer and jump in game to join the fun with my alliance. I'm running around and doing rather well that particular night.. but inevitably died. No big deal... go home and resuit up. While I'm looking for more armor, I notice that my LRC bag wasn't where I usually put it. *smacks forhead* I was re-arranging all 33 pieces of LRC armor and jewels the night before when I logged off and when I rushed out the door to go fighting.. I took it along for a ride with me. *groans*

Skatha

Skatha

Skatha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
this seems insignificant in the contemporary UO game, those who played years ago will understand though. I had finally managed to accumulate 10K gold and two pairs of black sandals....... they were the ultimate rare back then.. and 10K was a fortune. I locked them down in my first home, a tiny one in Cove. Didn't log out for a couple hours later.

I logged in the next day and the entire chest was gone. My first experience with that bug, and obviously i shall not forget this for a long, long time.....

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Sandals are one of my major downfalls. :) I think I have like 5 pair of silver, 3 black, 5 red and ummmm a couple that look like a purply red to me.. all old ones.. THEN LOL.. I have my boxes and boxes of NEW sandals! For a long time I shopped for sandals regularly looking for the red ones before I found out they were really a shade of browny red. But there ARE variations in the shades, so I am happy. I am slowly blessing them all so I can wear whenever I like. :)

I went on a cleaning spree and compared the colors til my eyes crossed and then sold duplicated colors a couple years ago. Well... I do have one chest with a total of 93 pairs or footwear, mostly sandals. The rare colors box has 20 or so pair in assorted shades.

~

~

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*

Guest_HarleyQuinn_*
  • Guests
Ive never lost any but it was fun seeing my ex loss his when he got scammed ok thats bad of me but if you knew who he was you'd laugh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loss, rare, worst