Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Still possible to chop a soul forge?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Oriana

Oriana

Guildmistress, Gentle Rest Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Hello all.

Is it still possible to chop down a soul forge so that just the anvil section remains (and still works as a full-scale soul forge)?

One post on Stratics apparently says that one can do this only on upper floor of a house, but there is most definitely a chopped soul forge in the bottom floor of one house I know of. Has that changed?

If this is still possible, could someone kindly provide directions on how to do it? Thank you.

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I dunno, but there is a single-space soul forge available as a rare drop from Corgul. Also, there is one of these (or used to be anyway) at the Sea Market dock, not far from that places fish-monger... Not that helps, but just an FYI.

If you can get the single space soul forge, it would rock, but the anvils from the full sized soul forge are cool as well.

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
I believe so. I haven't tried it yet, but as far as I know you should be able to You have to start with it above the ground and lowering it if I Recall correctly.

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I dunno, but there is a single-space soul forge available as a rare drop from Corgul. Also, there is one of these (or used to be anyway) at the Sea Market dock, not far from that places fish-monger... Not that helps, but just an FYI.

If you can get the single space soul forge, it would rock, but the anvils from the full sized soul forge are cool as well.

I heard about the single space soulforge, but I was told its just deco and does not work, is this true or does it work like a normal soulforge?

LoL

LoL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
You can get one tile soul forges from Osiredon the Enforcer (http://www.uoguide.c...Scalis_Enforcer) by using a fabled fishing net (if he spawns).

sekigahara

sekigahara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
One tile soulforge work like normal one.

Oriana

Oriana

Guildmistress, Gentle Rest Inn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
So it appears there are two one-tile soul forges, one that's deco only and one that actually functions as a soul forge. Could someone confirm this is so?

LoL

LoL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Yes, that is correct according to UOGuide.

Gheed

Gheed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello all.

Is it still possible to chop down a soul forge so that just the anvil section remains (and still works as a full-scale soul forge)?

One post on Stratics apparently says that one can do this only on upper floor of a house, but there is most definitely a chopped soul forge in the bottom floor of one house I know of. Has that changed?

If this is still possible, could someone kindly provide directions on how to do it? Thank you.

It is still possible. At least in a customizable plot. Well I did this a few months back anyway. A soul forge eats up the entire z-axis of any home. If there is a roof (or second floor) above it, you can only place ground level.

In order to "break" a forge you have to place it on raised (at least two levels) gozas and lower one of the gozas until a section of the forge drops. At this point the forge is broken. If you use an axe on it you will chop individual pieces. so chop the bits you don't want and leave the anvil. Before you chop any piece of the forge be sure you have it where you want it. Once a section is missing you can not re-deed it. You will have to chop the entire forge and place a new one. However if you lower all the pieces on the same z-axis you can re-deed it and try again. If you are un-familiar with this process please practice on a regular small stone table or some multi-tile deed that you wont be heart-broken if you screw up.

On to my original point about placing soul forges on the first floor. If you have a customizable plot, you will have to remove the 4x4 section of roof or floor above the spot you want to place the forge below. Once this is done you can use the goza trick to place the forge and chop... destroying the pieces you don't want.

Final step... lock down the pieces of the forge you want to keep. Double and triple check you have locked down the pieces. I don't think you get a message confirming the lock down so do it a few times to be safe. Locking those pieces down forces them to stay put when you go into deco mode (the tool doesn't know what to do with them so it leaves them there). Replace the section of floor you removed and presto! You have a nice anvil only forge an any level you wish.

One again if you aren't familiar with this process, practice on a junk multi-tile deed before you use the soul forge. In fact, try it with a junk deed any way to be sure it still works.

Last little FYI: You can go in and out of custom mode as many times as you wish while the pieces are locked down without worrying about loosing them. BUT, the broken furniture pieces you lock down will unlock themselves at server up. So if you wish to go back into deco mode after server up be sure to lock the broken bits down again or they will be destroyed when you go into custom mode.