Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Legalize and appropriate IRIS client.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
This is a better suggestion.

While not as pretty as WAR or whatever, it is definitely in 3D. EA buying this software/ software team outright would make sense. It would shatter the different naysayer's arguements that UO stinks because it isn't 3D. There could be three versions:

A.) Classic Client.
B.) Enhanced Client.
C.) Iris Client. For higher end PCs.

EDIT: I hope this thread is appropriate. I'm not advertising a third partry free server here...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I swear I can hear crickets... so this is a bad idea for EA to do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

goofy

goofy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Not really a bad idea but maybe not cost effective. They would need to sink a lot of money into an already dieing game which they probably won't. However it could bring in a lot of new people so while I doubt it would happen might be good. I still like 2d best.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I've known Iris for long and I am amazed of that great work as I am an UO fan for life. However, even if EA would allow use of the client, uo would not be the same game anymore.
Imagine a seriously decorated player house. What would that look like with Iris? Imagine a piano (made of several items google uo home decor). It would look incredibly odd if one would look at it with Iris.
It's cool it's pretty but it's just not uo.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Despite Third Dawn, Kingdom Reborn and now the Stygian Abyss client, I've always used the classic client and won't leave it for less than a compelling reason(they discontinue it, lol). UO just doesnt look and "feel" the same, at least for me, apart from the 2D client.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i too have the same feeling about uo the day 2d is discontinued is the day i cansel all of my accounts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

LoL

LoL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I wish they would have dumped all the effort into making the EC into adding some of the better features into the 2d client.

Macro gump and a atlas/full size map? Yes please.