Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

very noob skill question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

adamx

adamx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
i know this is probably common knowledge but i cant for the life of me find it anywhere

if i have 120 real skill, and equip an item with a +10 skill bonus, does that effectively give me 130 skill? or are skills capped at 120?

would there be any reason to have + skill items for skills that are already at real 120 or is it better to use the +skills to bring up other skills closer to the cap?

thanks

Baruk_S

Baruk_S

UO YouTube Creator

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
Better use it for other skills, cap is cap, you can't get any more then that.

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
One exception is when holding an ancient hammer. An ancient hammer can raise your skill above your skill cap.

The same may be true of mining gloves. I'm not sure.

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

One exception is when holding an ancient hammer. An ancient hammer can raise your skill above your skill cap.

The same may be true of mining gloves. I'm not sure.

Yes it is. My Miner's skill goes to 105 with the gloves on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

adamx

adamx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
thanks for the quick replies, the miners gloves and ancient hammer is what actually threw me off lol i have a smith with those items and so i wasnt sure about the rest of the skills.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
those two are the only two known exceptions to the rule, otherwise you can't go over the skill maximum.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I believe that the melisande hatchet will take you to 105 lumberjack..not 100% on this I don't lumberjack ever.

Ferenhelm

Ferenhelm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
The best use of skill increase items is for training. It allows you to boost your skill to the next effective level for better gains. As for the Hatchet I do believe it does not increase beyond maximum levels

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Ferenhelm is correct, Melisandes hatchet does not take you over 100.0 but it allows you to drop lumberjacking to 95 ;)

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm