Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

English Speakers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Fergsoft

Fergsoft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I just started playing again after 10 years.

If there is any English speaking guilds on Yamato? Or any other English speaking players?

Nimuaq

Nimuaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
Yamato was the only Asian shard which I've found an English speaking player at a random location -without really even trying to search like other Asian shards- while I was listing the invasions. Unfortunately, uoforums and stratics are not popular amongst the players of Asian shards and I'm yet to find a forum they regularly use. There is a gate near west Brtian bank that takes you to the fields in Skara where players usually hang out, you can go there and give it a try.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
..I, like you, once desired my freedom from the limits placed on me. I watched in disgust as this world became engrossed with the preaching of virtue and none of the practice..

Nill

Nill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Guys,

I also just installed UO again after 10 years, i randomly pick oceana as it had the lowest ping of all NA servers..

But its chunky, I'm living in Hong Kong now and looking to find a home.. any idea of a good server to play on?

Nill

DJAd

DJAd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I've just re-signed up after a few years. Playing from Thailand but need to move shards. Previously on Europa but lag is dire from here. Asuka is looking pretty busy. At least from Haven bank.

Runelady

Runelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I play on the Asian servers from time-to-time. I believe I have characters on most.

Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti

UO YouTube Creator日本語共同߮

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Basically, all of Japan shard has English speaker, I think. However, a possibility that they log in when everybody wishes is very low.

Next, even if he is able to speak poor English, a possibility that he will want to speak English is low. You can check it in UOSS, there are some of Japanese post some message, but everytime they put on "Sorry my poor English" or "Sorry not convenience".
Many Japanese do not go abroad and do not have most chances to talk with overseas people. For the reason, They doesn't know their English can make themselves or not. And Most of Japanese are shy.

Although this is my anticipation, if everybody wants to take communication in Japan, you should not use English first.

The language which should be typed first is suimasen. it means "Excuse me"
Maybe they reply to you "どうしたの?" "どしたー?" or "なーにー?" all of these means "What's happen?"

If a reply is returned here, 70% of work will be done.

When an English conversation is heard first, he can do the way which did not hear it. It is unavoidable to escape because it is not audible.
However, if it answers to your "suimasen", he will be judged that it was able to hear your voice certainly.
But if the correspondence to you is interrupted, he himself will admit that it has cruel him.

I strongly suggest you good guys, please learn some of Japanese words when you visit Japanese shard.

Suimasen! (すいません! /Excuse me!)
Arigatou (ありがとう / thank you / thx!)

And push <Ctrl>+<B> <Ctrl>+<B> <Ctrl>+<B> <Ctrl>+<B> <Ctrl>+<B> .....

They dislike English.
At the Asian who studies English as a foreign language in school, there are very few human beings who like English.
Since he dislikes English, also in people who address in English, they become not liking.

I want you to catch them first.
Next step, start addressing without parting with them.
Also when addressing, you addresses in simple English like the 5 years-old child of the United States or Britain.

If it is 5 years-old children-oriented English, Japanese people can also understand.
Don't forget.
Although they dislikes English, but they studied the disagreeable English in school, and since they do not flunk a test, they have graduated from the school.

We also have minimum English understanding capability.

Edited by Vessel the Humakti, 28 August 2012 - 11:13 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://vesseljpn.blogspot.jp/

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Do what Americans do, if they don't understand use caps then spam caps, then just attack.

Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti

UO YouTube Creator日本語共同߮

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Do what Americans do, if they don't understand use caps then spam caps, then just attack.

Sorry, I can't understand your meaning.
There is only few PvPer in Japan Shard. Most of fel areas are very very safety. (No one in here!)

It is a selection mistake that goes for Fel to liking to interchange with people. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Sorry, I can't understand your meaning.
There is only few PvPer in Japan Shard. Most of fel areas are very very safety. (No one in here!)

It is a selection mistake that goes for Fel to liking to interchange with people. =)

It was a joke about the English-as-a-first-language ways.

If someone does not understand what is said in English (verbal English, not typed), then a lot of English speakers will just say the same thing more loudly and slower, as if that helps. Speaking in all caps is just a visual method of doing the same thing.

And attacking is because the same people who do the slow talking thing get really annoyed when they still aren't understood.

But since there are no people in Fel, it kind of takes the steam out of the joke, eh?
Posted Image

dax

dax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
There are people in fel, they are just stealthed and laugh quietly.

Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti

UO YouTube Creator日本語共同߮

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

There are people in fel, they are just stealthed and laugh quietly.

In Izumo Shard, people stealthed and are alive not only by Fel but Tram.
Only Fel is not special.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]