Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Character transfer between 2 UO accounts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

June

June

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I did a quick search on this sub-forum, and it seems there is no mention of character transfer between 2 different UO accounts.

Would the ability to transfer characters between 2 UO accounts be a good idea?

Currently there is no ability to do that.

Regards,

Albert (aka June; Barret)

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Im my opinion, No.

People can already buy most anything they want for irl cash, including items, gold, houses, arties, etc.

The ability to sell trained characters would remove any shred of dignity to achievement in UO.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Nope totally against it. Most folks have the ability to have at least 6 characters on their account, for each and every shard.

I see no point to it except as Tancred has pointed to above.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Kayhynn

Kayhynn

EOGamer Network PR ManagerEOGamer Network Community ManagerGodde

• Administrators
  • 4,572 posts
Yes. If you own both accounts and have owned both for more than a year.

I, for one, would love to consolidate my accounts and would pay for it to transfer a crafter to my secondary account

June

June

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, I thought it would be useful for the same reason Kayhynn suggested.I have 2 accounts, and would consider consolidating my 2 accounts in the future if this feature was implemented.

Albert

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Yes, I thought it would be useful for the same reason Kayhynn suggested.I have 2 accounts, and would consider consolidating my 2 accounts in the future if this feature was implemented.

Albert

Which is exactly why it will never happen.

For example, I have four accounts of my own, with enough fully trained characters to not even fill two shards. If I could consolidate all my characters to those two accounts, I'd close two and EA would lose out on 30 dollars a month.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

June

June

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, they probably shouldn't be just looking at the factor of money, IMHO.

Albert

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
With UO's subscriber base as low as it is, I'm afraid they have no choice but to make the factor of money a primary concern.

I pay for 2 accounts that have just one character each that is playable (and several others). Sure, I'd combine those 2 into other accounts to consolidate if it was an option - but I don't mind the extra $20/mo. It keeps UO running and I'd rather have UO than save the money!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Well, they probably shouldn't be just looking at the factor of money, IMHO.

Albert

Seriously? A company that isn't looking at the bottom line? I don't think there is one that would be or still be in business.

Everyone has an option, rebuild your characters on one account. Sure it's time consuming, but then again that's what the game is about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

June

June

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ah, yes, good point, thanks. I would rather pay for 2 accounts as well then, in this case, just to keep UO running! I'm not sure if there'll be anything like it again if it stops...

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Ah, yes, good point, thanks. I would rather pay for 2 accounts as well then, in this case, just to keep UO running! I'm not sure if there'll be anything like it again if it stops...

I agree, more games are concerned with highend graphics then actual game play. This game IS a classic and not something that will come around again. It has amazing depth of play, you can be any combination of things and not forced down a certain road.

Enjoy it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
WOW lets you do that PLUS lets you switch between factions by re-rolling your character totally. (Which is completely against the point of WOW!!!!)

Question: What is the horde equivalent of human paladin? DO you keep your level but become a healer/melee type of hybrid?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]