Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Party bars - what a 5yr noob just found out

- - - - - 5yr bars found noob party

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Celsius

Celsius

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Just figured out that I can lore and peace my parrot heh.

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
Do you mean you were able to lore the parrot and get stats on it? Or just able to click on it and it counted as a use of skill, cause anything that is yellow you can click on to do that. Like say for instance, youre training up some magery or something, you can just click on a key in your backpack, and it will take the mana out, but not damage anything..

Celsius

Celsius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Yah was able to lore and get stats from it...went around luna houses and lored some after that and not all parrots are created equal lol. Peacing parrot did not keep it from talking tho =P I haven't done it enough times tho to see if can actually get a gain from doing either one.

For more useful info using control shift to bring up surrounding item names. Altho still need to use all names to see your own corpse name.
Oh one thing that took me forever figuring out was being able to repeat a my last sentence with ctrl q.
And lately the big rage is over the new bovine weapon thingie being able to cut up your kills and auto puts the hides in your pack? The skinning knives have always done this.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I just made a skinning knife with my tinkerer and took it out to kill hinds, it doesn't cut the leather up and put it in your bag :( I don't know if it used to work that way, but it doesn't now.

Ok, just tried butcher knife, cleaver and dagger also, none of them cut the leather up and put it in your pack.
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
One thing that took me a long time to figure out was.. I know you can ctrl-shift to bring up the tabs for everything on screen, and always used it to drag stackable items. Well one day I found out I only needed shift to drag. duh.. I had been doing that forever..

Celsius

Celsius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I just jumped on to be sure I wasn't talking out my backside hehe
Having the skinning knife in your hand will put the hides into your backpack.
Maybe that's what the big deal is the Bovine one doesn't need to be equiped?
I don't own one to check it out.

Oops I went and corrected post saying control shift, I had said control tab doh.

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Ah, ok. I didn't try equipping the skinning knife. I have the bovine slayer and you don't have to equip it, just leave it in your bag :)
Posted Image

Celsius

Celsius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Nice! ok its a handy dandy thing to have hehe.

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
One thing I noticed is that if your backpack is getting fullish, it stops dropping them into the backpack for you. :( but then I tend to fill mine to the breaking point anyway, so it's only a smallish 'thing'. It's still really NICE to have that much done for you with the 'cutting' of the carcass. :)

"use all names"...... how?

Ohhhh the Cntrl Q thing.. I use that all the time.. it's so much second nature I forget it LOL....

LORE the Parrots... that's nice.. but what I STILL need to find out is why mine refuse to talk to me in anything but canned talk!! I now have 11... ranging in age from 17 weeks to one week.. not a one will speak for me! I repeat and repeat... Nada! I had parrots on the Beta Test... they ALL talked to me within two days of getting them!! >:(

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Oh one thing that took me forever figuring out was being able to repeat a my last sentence with ctrl q.
And lately the big rage is over the new bovine weapon thingie being able to cut up your kills and auto puts the hides in your pack? The skinning knives have always done this.

crtl q used repeatedly will scroll back through the things you've said. Very useful when sailing or pricing goods on vendors
Or even if someone says, 'sorry, I missed that' :)

The butcher's war cleaver carves beasts and returns cut leather (not hides) into you back pack without being equiped. But only up to a point. Not sure what the cut-off weight is, but after that it leaves the cut leather in the corpse.
Posted Image

Celsius

Celsius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
"all names" is in your macro options is nice when your bod is buried under a pile of corpses and get it looted fast. Hit your all names hotkey and double click your name.

Your parrots will speak to you when you feed them only? But won't repeat stuff for you?

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Mine never speak to me either. Only when fed. I have an old style tower and I've found the only place in the tower that they will repeat what is said in front of them is if I put them right next to the stairs. Even then, they rarely speak :( I tried paging a GM and got the canned response to check their support site, but when I typed in "parrot" in the search it came back with 0 matches. I've stopped collecting parrots now cause they don't talk for me :(
Posted Image

Celsius

Celsius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

crtl q used repeatedly will scroll back through the things you've said. Very useful when sailing or pricing goods on vendors
Or even if someone says, 'sorry, I missed that' :)

The butcher's war cleaver carves beasts and returns cut leather (not hides) into you back pack without being equiped. But only up to a point. Not sure what the cut-off weight is, but after that it leaves the cut leather in the corpse.

Ooh! didn't know it would scroll back farther then last sentence!! Thank you for that info!!

Yah Yah cut leather! I really did mean that! :laugh: *wink*
Gonna have to check out that cleaver now too.
What's in my head and what comes out my mouth never match up lol.

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

crtlThe butcher's war cleaver carves beasts and returns cut leather (not hides) into you back pack without being equiped. But only up to a point. Not sure what the cut-off weight is, but after that it leaves the cut leather in the corpse.

Now they just need an axe like that.
Everyone probably knows this one, but if you hold down Shift and Control you get "tags" brought up on everything(use to be only the 3D client).
You can also hold shift to drag the whole item stack.

Edited at the request of Flutter. Even though I thought it was funny(and I did fall for it years ago too).
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
edited to match everyone else: And yes, Min, I've fallen for it too long ago. But I wasn't trying to talk to a dragon at the time.

Just found out, if you accidentally crtl q back to far, ctrl w will scroll the other way.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I fell for it... what's wrong with alt thingie (edited to make less people damaged by information)

~

~

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
Alt +F4 is the windows default 'close program', if you press it often enough you'll close every program you have open and shut down your pc.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
You can see how 'knowledgable' I am. :embarasse

~

~

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
But you are becoming more knowledgeable every day. Look how much you learned just reading this thread :)

Lots of snippets of information about uo and the fact that Minotaur2k is a wicked tease and deserves a good slap with a trout :P
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
haha! M2k pwned with the ole F4 trick!! haha...

It got me once many years ago.. .never agaiiiiiin!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5yr, bars, found, noob, party