Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Party bars - what a 5yr noob just found out

- - - - - 5yr bars found noob party

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
For over 5 years, everytime my party's bars got all screwed up because I'd accidentally dragged them, the only way I knew to fix it was to close the lot and drag them all off again. Not easy when everyone's running every which-way in a battle.

Today I learned there is a way to 'unlock' one bar from the others and move it.
Doh!
For the benefit of anyone else who's a 5+ year noob, here's how:

Hold down the alt key and single click the bar you want to move, then release the alt key. This unlocks the bar, you can then simply drag it to wherever you want it.
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
:embarasse Kinda sad it takes us so long to find out things isn't it? Thanks for the info! I didn't know either....:-/

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
You can add me to the list of those that should have known that but didn't. :) Thank you for the info too
Posted Image

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I didn't know either. How come the simpliest little tricks are so hard to find out about?
Posted Image

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I think we need a place to add our little 'tips' for everyone to read. I mean 'little' not page long or complicated things.. just nice little tricks that make UO life more fun and easier. Anyone have thoughts on it? Hmmm what am I saying... I could do that in LS, but we want it for everyone to see. Ideas on location?

~

~

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Well that's kinda hard Snowy... I knew the party bar thing... and I thought everyone did.

I don't mind a "did you know" thread as long as people aren't rude in it. It's a very difficult thing to start though because right now I can't think of anything to post....
*ponders*
Did you know that blaze is a "neon" hair color from the NPC stylist for elves and doesn't require the lady Melisande hair dye?
Stuff like that?
Did you know there is an option for "toggle honor virtue" on the UO macro page?
Did you know if you have high taming and lore if your pet is only "very happy" or above you can command it to "Wonderfully happy" simply with sucessful commands and feeding is not necessary?

How am I doin?
Let's hear the rest of everyone elses "did you knows"

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Never knew that myself, nor the ones mentioned by flutter. I would like to see more "did ya know"

Posted Image

Talon

Talon

Offical Cookie Taster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I need more of these helpful tips (looks like I have been playing in the dark for a long time) :)
Posted Image

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
LOL I didnt know about the party bar thing or any of the things flutter said so I guess that makes me a 6 year noobie:shocked:

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
6 year newb here. Only one I knew about was the toggle honor thing because I was setting a macro and stumbled onto it.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
*tries to think of more stuff*
Some non helpful stuff...

Did you know you can tip a cow by clicking madly on it?

Did you know if you stand on a bed of nails then gate to a new location and go in the gate you will leave a sloshy blood trail wherever you go for 5 seconds?

Did you know if you have a haunted mirror on a wall and custom your house the next time you see your mirror it will have something new to say... with a new accent?

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I guess you can tell I'm a tamer cause the only things Flutter mentioned that I already knew were the commanding of pets back up to wonderfully happy and the cow tipping :X
Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I didn't think the commanding thing worked anymore(I use to use it all the time back "in the day", but it stopped working shortly after P16 had a pet go wild on me, maybe my GM taming just wasn't high enough for said pet).

Had no clue on the bed of nails thingy. Thats cool I am going to have to try that again sometime.

hmmmm some "Did you know".....

Did you know Blaze Cloth is not actually Blaze, what everyone calls Blaze is actually "Fire".
Actually unless something has been added in the last year and a half Blaze was never added to the game and is still just Fire, Blaze just sounds cooler lol.

Did you know if you kill Betrayers with Negitive Karma you can get a semi rare book called "A Welcome".

Not sure if it still does it, but did you know if you open the Iron Madien in the Rotting Corpse Room in Covetous and walk too close to it it will suck you in and cause damage to you.

Too tired, can't think of anymore.

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Ok, those were helpful. Out of all those little tidbits.. the ONLY one I knew was about the Bed of Nails.... Sad isn't it... :embarasse I've played for four years..

~

~

Celsius

Celsius

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Did you also know that clickety clicking a Boar will make it squeal and sit downl kinda like the cow tipping hehe. Can't think of others off the top of my head.

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
Looks to me like THIS is the thread for this sort of information. Keep it coming as you think of it :laugh: Educate us poor Noobs of 4,5 6 years :laugh:

~

~

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
oh yes I just remembered another one.
If you click on a seal enough times it explodes. Also works on sheep......*wonders if anyone knows what game that is from*

For one from UO.

Did you know the Dark Father is actually a Demon Knight(which is what type of monster he is).

Did you know there is a location in Fel(not sure on Tram), in a cave near Destard/Delucia Entrance that has a Pentagram in it where you say a password(frostmoore or frost something forgot the password lol) you will be teleported to a throne room....very neat and very RPish.

Did you know there is a room above Wrong? About the size of the star room.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Did you know there is a location in Fel(not sure on Tram), in a cave near Destard/Delucia Entrance that has a Pentagram in it where you say a password(frostmoore or frost something forgot the password lol) you will be teleported to a throne room....very neat and very RPish.

Did you know there is a room above Wrong? About the size of the star room.

Pictures! More details! I think I might know the wrong room, I think it's the location we've used for tournaments sometimes.
Don't know the destard/del one though. Is it shard specific? Part of an event?
Posted Image

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
The password at the pentagram is frostflame. I think it is shard specific. I'll try to get pics later today but for now...must...get...sleep...: yawns :
Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
FROSTFLAME

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out the password. FINALLY GOT IT. And the funny part is I had this thread up the whole time(just didn't read it was PKing scripters).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5yr, bars, found, noob, party