Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Sampire vs Paladin vs Samari Paladin vs Warrior

5 replies to this topic

Secos

Secos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello all,

So being a total noob and reading the forums and then talking to people in the game.....well I've heard a few conflicting things.

What I'm looking for is a build to solo PVM to earn cash. That is not to say I will never group because I plan to as I meet people.

So can someone breakdown for me the differences in the builds ... not in terms of exact skill choice but what sort of content I can solo, how the styles are different, what to expect performance wise and which builds outshine others.

For now my weapon of choice is mace. Also, do keep in mind I have very minimal lag in the game.

1. Sampire
2. Paladin
3. Warrior
4. Samari / Paladin

Thanks in advance.

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
For PvM, sampire beats all of the above.

If you eventually decide to venture into PvP, you'll need one of the latter three, but until then, stick with sampire.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
From last to first.

A "pure" warrior has no magical skills at all whatsoever.

If you choose to go with this template, you're pretty much screwed. You could perhaps beat troglodytes if you have a repond slayer. And you can make quite a good living that way, but it's dull as all hell.

The reasonable player at least adds chivalry to the mix. Chivalry gives outstanding damage potential, and lets you kill things like demons, fan dancers and other things which will let you eek out a living. Most players don't find that particularly impressive in a monster-bashing environment (fighting players may be a different story... but I've never had a proper paladin in a PvP group so I couldn't tell you)

Then you can take the previous mix and add in bushido. There are two reasons to take up bushido, and neither have to do with any bushido "spell". First, when you honor an opponent, you can do up to 100% extra damage. And that's after the 50% extra damage you get from enemy of one and the 100% extra damage from slayer weapons. The second reason to take bushido is that you can parry with your weapon instead of a shield. This makes defense a whole heckuvalot easier. With both bushido and chivalry, you can pretty much kill anything in game solo, but it's a lot of work at times.

At the time you've added bushido and chivalry, you've pretty much maxed out your damage potential (Note, there are other things you can do such as adding tactics, anatomy, strength and dexterity, but that's outside the scale of this discussion... so far), so what's the best thing you can do for yourself?

The answer is, take that huge damage potential and convert it back into your hit points. So you take up necromancy and use vampiric embrace in order to convert 20% of your damage dealt into hit points for you. When you're hitting for 180-200 damage, you pretty much out-heal everything any opponent can throw at you. When you have all of the above skills, the world is pretty much your oyster. There's almost no template in game as powerful as the one with chivalry, bushido and necromancy.
Posted Image

ramza

ramza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

From last to first.

A "pure" warrior has no magical skills at all whatsoever.

If you choose to go with this template, you're pretty much screwed. You could perhaps beat troglodytes if you have a repond slayer. And you can make quite a good living that way, but it's dull as all hell.

The reasonable player at least adds chivalry to the mix. Chivalry gives outstanding damage potential, and lets you kill things like demons, fan dancers and other things which will let you eek out a living. Most players don't find that particularly impressive in a monster-bashing environment (fighting players may be a different story... but I've never had a proper paladin in a PvP group so I couldn't tell you)

Then you can take the previous mix and add in bushido. There are two reasons to take up bushido, and neither have to do with any bushido "spell". First, when you honor an opponent, you can do up to 100% extra damage. And that's after the 50% extra damage you get from enemy of one and the 100% extra damage from slayer weapons. The second reason to take bushido is that you can parry with your weapon instead of a shield. This makes defense a whole heckuvalot easier. With both bushido and chivalry, you can pretty much kill anything in game solo, but it's a lot of work at times.

At the time you've added bushido and chivalry, you've pretty much maxed out your damage potential (Note, there are other things you can do such as adding tactics, anatomy, strength and dexterity, but that's outside the scale of this discussion... so far), so what's the best thing you can do for yourself?

The answer is, take that huge damage potential and convert it back into your hit points. So you take up necromancy and use vampiric embrace in order to convert 20% of your damage dealt into hit points for you. When you're hitting for 180-200 damage, you pretty much out-heal everything any opponent can throw at you. When you have all of the above skills, the world is pretty much your oyster. There's almost no template in game as powerful as the one with chivalry, bushido and necromancy.

thanks!

Theo Westaman

Theo Westaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
WAIIT WAAAIIIT !!!! YOU FORGOT VS THEO!!! ;)
Theoden Westaman

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Sailor > Sampire, paladin, warrior or anything else!

Pirate > Sailor.

QED
Posted Image

Reply to this topic