Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

My thought on Fel

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok here’s the deal;
I keep reading on all the forums that Fel is dying or dead, that there is no new blood there to keep things going. I’ve also read that all these players (god only knows who they are talking about because I have not met any of them) want things to go back to the “good o’ days”.

I have started PvPing with a group on my shard, been doing it about 6 to 8 months now (been in game 5 years). Well as a newbie PvPer I have seen some issues that if fixed I thing would help bring PvP in Fel back to life. Granted I’m new, so I may not know all the ins and outs of things, I’m just looking at it though fresh eyes.

1. 3rd party cheats (that’s all I’ll say about this)

2. Housing. Because of all the dead trees and tombstones and other ground clutter there is no place to build homes unless you want to live in a 7 x 7 shoebox. My character has gone red a few times and I’ve had to use forged pardons so I can get back to my house to resupply fix armor and weapons. If they would clean up Fel I and other players could build homes in Fel and just not worry about going red. Could live, play and die right there in Fel. But because there is not space for homes unless you want to live so far away it interrupts the flow of the fight.

3. Something needs to be done with Blue players. If I as a Faction or Red attack a Blue I turn gray and everyone and his brother can attack me, fine! If a Blue Attacks with any kind of spell such as fields or pets or summoned critter they should turn gray. Also if they heal a non-Blue they should turn gray for aiding and abiding the enemy. It just seems Blues get a free ride in Fel. Also this Guard Whacking crap that they pull, if they started the attack, then the Guards should fail to help unless it’s a RED because as we all know Reds are the scum of the earth and kill anything and everything. Blues are supposed to be the innocent bystanders, but when they get involved they should go gray and stay that what for 20 minutes like stat loss, and if they attack again during that, it resets the timer.

4. The time on the Sigs should be looked at, I think 10 hours is a bit long, that’s just me.

Well that’s my 2 cents worth for now, and yes I will more than likely get smacked around for my comments, but hey, that is what makes this game neat. We all have input right or wrong.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Im not sure I understand about #3 with Blues. If you are red or Faction and a blue attacks, you can fight back without penalty, even in town. If youre blue and they attack, they go grey to everyone, even in town, plus you can call guards.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Arrownine

Arrownine

Arrownine1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh geesh. Everyone I know in fel, with the exception of those that want to live close to the yew gate (the pvp hot spot on cats), live in Keeps. I'm sorry that everyone jumps you when you turn grey, but just think of it as, "The lumps you take for the lumps you give!" As for third party cheats......... I have been playing for 13 years and there have always been cheaters. Write it off as a life lesson. People will cheat you in this game the same as they will make efforts to get over on you in real life. I've seen them do their fair share of time in stat loss same as everyone else. I do have a bit of a plan, and it just might help you out. If you will spend less time jumping on blues in fel and more time looking for a decent housing spot there just might be one less tombstone there. And just think, you won't need to spend all your money on Pardons so maybe you could just buy someone else's fel keep. And last but not least, please don't refer to rds as being scum of the earth. At least we know who and what they are. It's people like you that eat pardons left and right to hide what they really are that are scum. Our reds defend our spawns, they bear the brunt of the attacks during larger faction engagements, and the reds of the other factions do the same for their groups. They just don't hide it and they sure don't spend their time complaining about it on the boards.

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
The reference to Reds being scum of the earth has to do with them being murders; we have Reds within the guild. As real people they are very nice, but as murders, their scum which is why most try to kill them on site.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Maybe that is their role? I have found that their are those that roleplay a murderer rather well...then their are others that just PvP.

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Yup!

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
wow i don't know where to start.

1# has every body forgotten that fel is the way uo was intended to be? only complaining and bit##ing from new players brought forth tram.

2# i found a keep spot the first day i x fered. you just have to look around, of course the good spots are taken but all you have to do is find out of the way spots. or do like most, idoc hunt. if your scared of getting ganked buy reds, make a stealthier. best way to get around this problem.

3# "Also if they heal a non-Blue they should turn gray for aiding and abiding the enemy". unless that red is in a faction, they do go grey. so that statement has no merit. but other then that i 100 present agree with you.

4# I'm not sure what i think of this. i see both sides, and both have pros and cons. if i had to choose i would go with the way it is. mainly because of all the sig changes would happen four to five times a day.

one last comment on 3ed party programs, some do but a lot don't. hence all the people that are typing to talk, cast spells. they have it set up to get the job done with out them. as every one knows, there are a lot of them out there.

but then again, these are just my opinions:P

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

1# has every body forgotten that fel is the way uo was intended to be? only complaining and bit##ing from new players brought forth tram.

I have to disagree with this one.
Roleplayers and other old time players that were tired of being abused rallyed together with the newcomers to create Trammel.

2# i found a keep spot the first day i x fered. you just have to look around, of course the good spots are taken but all you have to do is find out of the way spots. or do like most, idoc hunt. if your scared of getting ganked buy reds, make a stealthier. best way to get around this problem.

I completely agree... and if done right you can give a beating to some reds because they do suck at pvp.

3# "Also if they heal a non-Blue they should turn gray for aiding and abiding the enemy". unless that red is in a faction, they do go grey. so that statement has no merit. but other then that i 100 present agree with you.

Game mechanics covers that...
(You cant heal an aggressor unless he is in your guild/alliance.)

4# I'm not sure what i think of this. i see both sides, and both have pros and cons. if i had to choose i would go with the way it is. mainly because of all the sig changes would happen four to five times a day.

Here I say, keep the timer but remove Guards if the town is owned by SL and MIN.
Have guard zone if TB or COM controls the town.

one last comment on 3ed party programs, some do but a lot don't. hence all the people that are typing to talk, cast spells. they have it set up to get the job done with out them. as every one knows, there are a lot of them out there.

I have done an extensive study on this...
Unfortunately it is true, most, if not all, pvpers will cheat...
Double speed hacks, medic scripts, x healing scripts and some... a small % of the red guilds... have their own script writers...
The thing that made cheating decrease was not EA Mythic actions... but the decrease of the value of 1 UO Million GPs. Long ago it was worth more than 30,00$, now you can buy 1 UO Million GPs for 0,25$... profit margins went down the drain, making many guilds that controlled the felucca spawns to perish and turn to training characters for $, collect resources for the known duping websites for $250 per week or simply moved on to WoW and other games with a better profit margin...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Ok, let's have at it:

#1 Cheats
I know some people cheat in PvP, but even as I do quite some PvPing, it just doesn't bother me. Playing the EC I don't really feel like I'm at an disadvantage. Some heal scripts are annoying, but other than that... I can definitely keep up with them speedwise, heck, it even came to the point of them accusing me of speedhacking :lol:
So long story short: if you switch to the EC you don't need to worry much about cheats anymore (if you are willing to switch, that is. I know some people do not want to, but that's another can of worms, let's not open here)

#2 Housing
On most shards, fel is pretty empty and it's no problem to place a keep or at least a max storage custom home.

#3 Reds and Flags
The sides of good and bad are quite blurry here. I know of players who went red just to retaliate on the blue griefers. Overall the flagging system works quite well, so no need to change it, imo.

#4 Sigil timers
It used to be 4 hours during the war of shadows but I'm quite fine with the 10 hours. If they should change something then the time you hold a city. 3 days is pretty short. 5 would be more like it.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Roleplayers and other old time players that were tired of being abused rallyed together with the newcomers to create Trammel.

everyone has the right to their own opinion, but when uo came out, it was everyone(or group) on their own. roleplayers were and should not be an exception to this rule. in my opinion, if you you choose to roleplay shouldn't there be a risk or an objective(such as hunting/killing reds). as i remember back in the day roleplayers took over towns such as vesper(guard zone) and assigned houses there to the players as their own. at no risk, no reason to be worried, unless they wanted it. either way i wish some things were different, much like siege perilous. i mean for the love of god Ive seen fighting in the luna streets. but this game, none the less, is a dream world. we've lost blood together in guilds on cats, so pardon my picture, Ive been waiting to use it and in no way shape or for aimed at you=)

Posted Image

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

retiredmj

retiredmj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

That isn't exactly how I remember it, there were enough blue players to usually fight back against murderers. The thing people were excited about with Tram when it was first coming in was more space for housing. Not a PvE safe haven that nobody ever had to worry about interacting with another player ever again.

Myself and fellow miners who had never met one another all of a sudden would band together and chase the one murderer looking for easy ore. We didn't ban together and whine for a PvE only world.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Rpers are idiots for thinking that people that pvm and pvp... cant rp.

Trammies are idiots for thinking that if you rp, you are weird and if you pvp, you are a murdering bully.

Feluccans are idiots for thinking the above players cant pvp and assuming that Felucca belongs to them.

and... people that play in two or more playstyles are idiots for trying to explain that it can be done...

*steals picture!*

(I'm an idiot)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Join a PVP guild that has a castle if you want to PVP?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Can you please explain?

(just curious because we do have pvp hq castles in all shards we play...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Mrwm, i have to go with Nev on this one.

The pks were far from 7xgms back then.. there were heavy stattloss on all pks and many ran if you attacked back.

The rp communities mostly had guards in their towns that were really great pvpers. (Atleast Europa) Also there were loads of blue around, pking was really hard to do on a good way specially if you had over 100 kills and deep statloss.

From a RP point of view, i actually enjoyed the few times reds attacked. One learned fast to fight back and the reds would actually run. It was exciting.

From a PKs point of view, we rather avoided rp towns. First because of their guards, second because they would gather lots of defenders in very short time and they were organized.

You got more kills from having a blue scout dungons and gate in us(reds).. hit and run tactic. (Blue using spykit to be able to change name) Even those runs could end badly since blues streamed to that location very fast.

It was alot harder to play a red than a blue those days. Hence why there were so few reds.

Posted Image

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Mrwm, i have to go with Nev on this one.

The pks were far from 7xgms back then.. there were heavy stattloss on all pks and many ran if you attacked back.

The rp communities mostly had guards in their towns that were really great pvpers. (Atleast Europa) Also there were loads of blue around, pking was really hard to do on a good way specially if you had over 100 kills and deep statloss.

From a RP point of view, i actually enjoyed the few times reds attacked. One learned fast to fight back and the reds would actually run. It was exciting.

From a PKs point of view, we rather avoided rp towns. First because of their guards, second because they would gather lots of defenders in very short time and they were organized.

You got more kills from having a blue scout dungons and gate in us(reds).. hit and run tactic. (Blue using spykit to be able to change name) Even those runs could end badly since blues streamed to that location very fast.

It was alot harder to play a red than a blue those days. Hence why there were so few reds.

exactly. people who say otherwise are likely pretending to have been playing at that time. The game had risk vs reward that made sense and people enjoyed. That doesn't really exist anymore.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
I like fel

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I like fel

I like Fel too, just wish it was not full of speed hacking cheats!!!

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Ok here’s the deal;
I keep reading on all the forums that Fel is dying or dead, that there is no new blood there to keep things going. I’ve also read that all these players (god only knows who they are talking about because I have not met any of them) want things to go back to the “good o’ days”.

I take people to spawn on a daily basis.
We spawn and pvp.

Felucca is very much alive... and a special thanks to the devs for making so many cheaters vanish the battlefield.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I take people to spawn on a daily basis.
We spawn and pvp.

Felucca is very much alive... and a special thanks to the devs for making so many cheaters vanish the battlefield.

You must not do spawns or PVP on Great Lakes! There are players here who wait until the spawn your doing "pops" then they raid you and grab all the stuff killing those who worked there buts off to bring it to a close. With their 3rd party cheats the group doing the spawn ends up dead, looted and without reward. The Devs have done little to nothing on Great Lakes to make cheaters "vanish" on this shard, they are alive and well.