Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Archer Suggestions

3 replies to this topic

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I want to say first that I did very little looking around for other posts on this, I'm a bit lazy and don't have much time to search right now. Secondly I have played almost nothing but mages for the past few years so I am a total noob when it comes to meelee/archery toons.

I found I have an archer collecting dust and I thought I should try to make some money with it. I was curious if a vampire form archer was a possible template choice, I read one post about sampires but it all indicated that I should be a meelee and not archer. I plan to farm essences for imbue and hopefully some artifacts. I love playing mages but sometimes it's nice to sit back and not have to think very much, and have less buttons to hit.

So my question would be what is a solid hard hitting pvm archer template, and what should I look to do with my suit? Also would the sampire be an option for an archer?

Zigglefriggit

Zigglefriggit

The Lost One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I have been experimenting with this:
Mace
Archery
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Chivalry
Spell Weaving

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Here are some ideas.

ABC Archer Variations (PvM)
Standard ABC Archer
120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resist
75 Chivalry

Pure ABC Archer
120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
80 Chivalry
40 Meditation

ABC Archer/Weaver
120 Archery
105 Weaving
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
90 Bushido
70 Chivalry
40 Meditation

Other Archer Variations (PvP)
Ninja/Archer
120 Archery
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Resist
120 Healing
120 Ninjitsu

Medi/Archer
120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anat
120 Resist
100 Healing
80 Meditation
60 Chivalry

Fencer/Archer
100 Archery (120 with the hunter headdress one)
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Resist
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Meditation

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I've got a PvP archer that I don't do much PvP with anymore because I live in Korea at the moment and the connection is SUPER slow for trying to even stay alive, much less kill someone. But thats off topic.

The temp is as follows with a 3 yr account that has 715 skill cap:

Archer 120
Tactics 90 - this is all you need on any temp cause it allows you to do special move #2
Healing 120
Anatomy 120
Alchemy 100 - this is for potion chuggin bonus, got EP %50 + %30 from alchemy, %80 tot
you could also throw explosion pots with this if you want
Meditation 120 - for mana regen, important in PvP for spec. moves but maybe not for PvM
Chiv 45 - enough to do sacred journey and remove curse, most importantly sacred journey

The suit hes got on is pretty extensive in terms of what I put into it, I made many peices which i then imbued and further enhanced so as to get the most possible properies on it. Some good things to keep in mind for an arher I would say would be; swing speed increase, hit chance increase, mana regen. These are the most important I think, then you can get into adding stat bonuses and such. As far as stats go, dex is most important for swinging fast. Try to get to 150 if you can, this will also allow you to heal faster as well. First get dex to 125 then try using, crimson cinture, mace and sheild glasses, jackals collar, insane tinker legs, imbued jewels, or a combintation thereof to get yourself up to 150. This way you can drop your opponents quickly. Alchemy skill is one that many archers don't use but I like it in combination with %50 enhance pots. With an %80 total you can heal massive amounts of damage in a pinch. Also, you dont need EP or Alchemy to use total refresh potion which will restore your stamina, very useful. If you decide not to use this skill then I would go right for resist spells. When it comes to monster hunting, Chivalry is your friend. You'll need enough skill to cast sacred journey to get around but also enough to cast enemy of one for tougher opponents. Keep in mind your fame/karma level are dependant on the length of this spell, not your skill level. As you've probably seen on other templates there is the Bushido skill. This skill is mainly only useful for confidence and evade. Confidence will restore stamina and hit points and is something that I chose to drop in place for alchemy. Although with all 3 healing options you'd pretty much be invincible, LOL. Resist spells, Med or even focus might come in more handy for you than Bushido will in the end, its all up to your preference.

When it comes to bows obviously slayers are good. Repeaters are nice cause they're quick and you can use double strike. Anything will work though. Composites usual are suited best for PvP as armor ignore and moving shot are not that effective against all monsters.

When it comes to items there are a few pieces that can start a good archer suit. A few I mentioned before and will mention again.

Rune Beetle Carapace, Crimson Cinture, Mace and Shield Glasses, Hunters Headdress, Quiver of Infinity, Cloak of Augmentation, Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker, Tangle, Conjerers Trinket - but be careful fighting against the opposite group that is undead as while you are wearing it they can do double damage to you, Conj Robe, etc. etc.

Well, I know I went on forever and I'm sorry if I told you something you already knew but here is my $0.02 on the topic. I hope some fo the info was useful for you in helping you to decide your template. Good Luck.

Reply to this topic