Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PVP macer?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Is a pvp macer still powerful in pvp? i've seen most dexters using bukutos or war forks now...Is macing still good in pvp? if so what would be a good template to go with it? What would be some good weapons and suit?

Thank you. :)

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
I like macing. Just get a UBWS bok and warfork to go along with your war hammer and hammper pick and club.

Belanos

Belanos

I don't know any better =(

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
my favorite pvp weapon is macing - a war axe that I've had for like four years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

... it's pronounced 'fel-ookah', not 'fel-oosha' ...

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
All true, but to be honest, Macefighting isn't the strongest pvp skill. Melee fighters in general are having a hard time (apart from that bokuto mystic, but that's going to be nerfed soon). Archers and Throwers are more able to compete.

But don't let that keep you, if you like to play a macer :)

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Melee guys can compete you just have to use some skill. A UBWS bok, UBWS, warfork are a must have. You will also need a war axe, club, and UBWS bone harvy. With a hard hitting skill like mace fighting you want to carry a orc brute tally if possible.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
i was running a 4/6 chiv necro macer and it was a tank. I died to mystics but that's to be expected, but i could take 3-4 dexxers on at once it is a very fun toon to play. War Axe/ Hammer Pick and a ubws fork for disarms. I found macing works awesome with hybrid type toons since the swing speed is slower you can cast in between hits.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

i was running a 4/6 chiv necro macer and it was a tank. I died to mystics but that's to be expected, but i could take 3-4 dexxers on at once it is a very fun toon to play. War Axe/ Hammer Pick and a ubws fork for disarms. I found macing works awesome with hybrid type toons since the swing speed is slower you can cast in between hits.

This^^^^^^^^

Macing also gives the advantage of allowing you to hit your ai cap with only 90 tactics and very very low (20ish) DI.