Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Warrior - alive?

13 replies to this topic

Necromaster

Necromaster

Grandmaster Necromancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Recently i started playing Ultima. So when i entered Luna i saw, that most people hero - are mages. Differend kinds, but all are wearing spellbooks\staffs in hands. When i asked one mage why there are no warriors, he said that mages much better, and only "warrior" type, that can PvP with mages its paladin.
I want ask you to post here good warrior (dont know whats the best weapon for pvp?) guide. Yeah i know that all we need magery, but i dont want raise it on 100.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
There is no best template. There are templates that are better for some situations than others. There is also the matter of what do you want to do in Ultima. Do you want to fight other players? Do you want to go alone most of the time? Do you like fighting monsters in a group?

Mages are very versatile, they can do very well in many situations, but I would not say theyre the most powerful.

Also, many people sitting in Luna spend almost all their time... sitting in Luna.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Theo Westaman

Theo Westaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
just mix and match i like my rp template :D
Maceing 120
archer 110
healing 110
anat 100
tactics 110
focus 70
:)
  • Necromaster likes this
Theoden Westaman

Necromaster

Necromaster

Grandmaster Necromancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I want more orientation on PvP.

Theo Westaman
Macering 120 - why macering? Please explain.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Get him to the Farsight.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Necromaster

Necromaster

Grandmaster Necromancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Get him to the Farsight.

what?
Also what stats could you recommend?

Theo Westaman

Theo Westaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
MAcing is great because it deals alot of damage but the speed is fast :D
also my temp works with pvp
120 mace
120 archer
100 heal- +20 on ring/braclet
100 anat - +20 on ring/braclet
120 tactics
100 resist spells
60- focus (gives extra mana regen)
Theoden Westaman

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Me ears are burning.

MAKE IT STOP!

Theo already mentioned almost-my-template. I just have chivalry instead of focus.

And when I fight in a group, I sub in bushido for macing.

I also have resist, meditation on soul stones, always waiting to be swapped out, depending on the situation I plan on getting into.

As for why macing, I chose it because I got the 120 macing scroll for 200,000 gold. I use a use best weapon war fork as my favorite melee toy. But the only thing you really need from a melee weapon in that template are disarm and bleed, coincidently both available on said war fork. After you use those two, you're back to the yumi for double shot or composite bow for armor ignore/moving shot.

There is one huge disadvantage, which is part of why I have resist available on a soul stone. A single mage with mana vampire will ruin your day. Once you see the magic mana vamp words, the best advice I can give is to run if you can't interrupt the casting.

But there are a lot of effective melee templates, some more effective than others. The biggest disadvantage to melee fighting is that you're dependant on the ability to stay close to your opponent. The biggest advantage is its hard for other melee warriors or archers to damage you if you're smart enough to have parry.

And the remove curse spell from chivalry can't be underestimated. Nor can the speed of the close wounds spell.
  • Theo Westaman likes this
Posted Image

Theo Westaman

Theo Westaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Parry is only effective if you use a sheild, also if you have bushido it guves a greater chance to use it's spells : D i agree with the melee advantage, it doesn't work really well against a mage, unless you use magic resist which also puts you down one more skill so its kind of hard to choose a very effective template these days

The sampire template works well, i wouldn't use it personally because i dont pvp it can also be used in PVM but hey i just like my template : D
don't really use my template for pvp i kind of died in it, to many speedhackers. :'(
Theoden Westaman

Necromaster

Necromaster

Grandmaster Necromancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hmm. What you can say about this:
anatomy - 100 (20 from bracer\ring)
focus - 60
healing - 100 (20 from bracer\ring)
parry - 100
resistspells - 120
swordmanship -120
tactics - 120

Dot think that its best, but in this case i have spell resist to curses. And doublestrike helps put enemy mage down quickly. Armor ignore will be good aganist meele enemies.
I suppose it looking more like tank. What do you think?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
healing you don't need more then 90 and the use of enhanced bandages will push that up to gm, and 90 it won't fail

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Theo Westaman

Theo Westaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
It's good, do you use a shield with parry?
Theoden Westaman

GregorLassant

GregorLassant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Something you could try is a lumberjack. Currently it isn't the best template for PvP, but I believe it is my most fun character to play PvM with. Probably in terms of total damage output it isn't that great, but it is a lot of fun getting a double hit in with the doom arti axe. I also like having a resource gathering skill that augments your combat abilities, as that is kind of cool.

With that being said, it may be becoming better in practical terms after the publish, as there is a 5% chance on hit of doubling your LJ bonus. Does anyone know if that is going to be capped with DI, or can you break the cap with it?

Thikk

Thikk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also looking for a dexer/warrior template...

I played in the 90's (spanned the addition of trammel) and haven't been back since, and after being sick to death of WoW I thought I might give this another try.

I take it the mace/archer uses archery for runners?

What sort of mace weapon do you prefer? Speedy weaps for skill gain (if memory serves it looked like a golf club, maybe war axe?) then move to a heavier 2-h weapon (staff or sledge hammer style)?

Reply to this topic