Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old School Template

8 replies to this topic

Dank

Dank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just started back after three years and i have one particular character that im not sure about..

120 magery
120 Med
120 Eval
120 resist
120 Wrestling
100 Inscription

125 int
115 str
10 dex

How useful is inscription anymore? does anyone have any suggestions that could make this character more useful for the game as it is today?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i would drop resist and put on 120 weave myself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
If your going for PvP then drop wrestling and pick up either weaving or 80 poisoning and 60 necro.

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
If your mage does not get into a wrestling match with an Ogre, does he need wrestling and can those points be used elsewhere.

My mage stays mobile and out of reach of physical attacks. Cast two EVs and go invis for example. Seems to work.

Does anyone else do this? If so, what other skill do you have.

Clex

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Wrestling is nice so you dont get hit everytime something swings at you. Its not 100% needed in pvm but I like it if i can fit it.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
PvM: You'll be better off with anatomy in place of wrestling. With 100 anatomy and 120 Eval Intelligence, you still defend as if you had 120 wrestling, even though you won't be able to attack things with your fists or mage book.

And it frees up 20 skill points, letting you have 40 points in ... something (focus, spellweaving, etc)

PvP: I prefer to stay out of the PvP side of the discussion, as I stink at being a PvP mage.

That being said, I've heard that alone it's very difficult to fight with that template, but in groups (3 or more people), it's still very effective.
Posted Image

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
I had a wrestle weave 6x 120 pvp mage when my con was good and did ok in a group with disarm... this was before mystic. Now I'm sure i'd be a dead temp.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I do well against mystics, on my weave alch mage, one, I have protection up which means they will have to use purge, two, I always use wind and thunder, it then messes up there fc and fcr, three, mana vamp makes it so you tap them for mana so they can't do hail and cyclone, four, 32 - 40 hp of damage per explosion pot with 80 ep, five, I can have up to 15 buffs on my buff bar so it will be hit or miss with then casting purge and by the time they have got all of them out they are dead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Thikk

Thikk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Speaking from "really old school", wrestling was added to prevent spell casting interrupts. The skill check for being interrupted was wrestling against which ever melee skill was being used on you. Should you never fight up close and personal, wrestling was pretty much optional (aka red mages).

When/why was anatomy changed so with evaluate intelligence it replaces wrestling? I thought anatomy only helped healing and wrestling? I guess I need to read up since I haven't played in more than a decade lol.

Go UO!

Reply to this topic