Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Throwing wammy

7 replies to this topic

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
This is a variation of Lord Gods wammy template on stratics. I find this one to work better and its a fairly cheap setup.
Skills. 120 throwing, tactics, anat 110 swords (talwar for whirlwind at spawn or swap with resist for single bosses that cast) 100 heal (use enhanced aids if needed) 65 spirit speak (can jewel to 80 or not your choice...i like having 80) 60 chiv and 40 necro.

weapons are slayer soul glaive with stam leach, hld, ssi, di. Talwar with hit area, mana, stam, and life leach (you wont leach at some low level spawns with wraith form so you need mana leach) and di.

If you chose not to get 15 ss on a ring then get a 5 ssi ring. You want 15 hci on ring and brace and stat increases. Wear a primer/conjurers trinker for the HCI and you get 5 racial hci. If you can afford a breastplate of the beserker wear that, if not I highly suggest the ssi on the ring over the SS. Wear the crimson and mace and shield glasses. The rest of the suit is just resist, lmc, and stat increases. I find that 55 mana is plenty so I like to have 140+ life. DCI is important because you are not going to be a melee char.
You only need 110 swords because you will only whirlwind level 1 and 2 spawns and 110 with the hci you wont miss. If the spawn level only has 1 caster and 1 melee monster I enemy of one the caster so I can run around 1 hitting it (Justicars for destard, Liches for undead...ect) and just be careful to not get swarmed from drakes, stone gargoyles or whatever. The champs are a joke just keep your distance and keep curse weapon on as needed. I carry heal pots to time with my aids if I start getting in trouble. For slasher and navery I like to carry invis pots for the freeze. After you get navery down to about half life you dont have to worry though because if you keep your distance she wont get to you in time to swing more than once. Slasher can be rough but keep max distance and when your frozen be sure to pop a invis pot. I have solo'd everything in the game with this char.

Also you want to make sure you have 100% damage increase on items. This is easy to get though. Primer 20% weapon 50% faction folded steals 10% breastplate of the beserker 15% so that 95. If your not faction just and/or dont have breastplate of the beserker just sacrifice some stat increase to get the extra 30%. I would put 15 on both jewels just to even out the load.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I know this is old as dirt.. but i wanna run this set up.. probably use the light of the way, or the mace and shields, with the beserker breast possibly as well, but i dont like having my pvm characters in faction, so my question is, HCI, 30 on jewls, 5 from race.. ughh i dont wanna buy a conjurers trinket, but theres no other way lol.

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I looked it up on Stratics and thought I should share the link with you:
Lord GOD's thread dragkiris had mentioned can be found here:
[Throwing] - Throwing Wammy | Stratics Forums
Disclaimer: This user may use metaphoric language that unintentionally leads to confusion; Real, but at times failed intention: to make you think out of the box, beyond serious, pragmatic and direct utilisation - within UO and outside. Be cautious. =)

Hinreissend

Hinreissend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

120 throwing, tactics, anat 110 swords (talwar for whirlwind at spawn or swap with resist for single bosses that cast) 100 heal (use enhanced aids if needed) 65 spirit speak (can jewel to 80 or not your choice...i like having 80) 60 chiv and 40 necro.

That's 735 skill points. I do get dragkiris' point with skills on jewelry - but just to make sure: Unless skilled with jewelry, 110 anatomy would be a good idea, wouldn't it?

An update to dragkiris' template would be 84 Chivalry, wouldn't it.
Disclaimer: This user may use metaphoric language that unintentionally leads to confusion; Real, but at times failed intention: to make you think out of the box, beyond serious, pragmatic and direct utilisation - within UO and outside. Be cautious. =)

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Recently I've dropped healing from 100 and raised bushido to 70. threw the left over points into chiv and spirit speak. I just make sure to keep protection scrolls so curse wep doesnt get interupted.

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
The 70 bushido allows for perfection so against monsters with no slayer (harrower) or lord oaks who has no viable slayer wep it helps a good deal.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
i think im gonna run

120 throwing
100 swords
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 healing
55 ss (+15 on jewls to 70)
55 chiv (+15 on jewls to 70)
40 necro

on a 710 skill cap account, raising swords as account ages. and could also swap bushido or resist for specific bosses

dragkiris

dragkiris

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
Yeah, I tend to swap off swords for either healing or resist depending. I just run swords when I'm spawning.

Reply to this topic