Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

2d or Enhanced client?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
What client do new age pvpers use for pvp?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
for pvp... i believe the classic client with uoa is still the prefered choice....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.
Folks who do PvP with the EC tend to be dexxers. Apparently, there's a casting delay for mages who PvP with the EC.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
i wouldn't know.... i wouldn't even waste time downloading the EC client much less infecting my computer with it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
Heh. I intuit a CC lover. :)

I find both usable, but again, would caution against using EC for PvP mages.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
all my pvp charas are mostly casters

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Taylor V. Smith

Taylor V. Smith

Director of Stratics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
Cool. :)

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I play 2d and im mostly a caster player as well. I have seen some people who are really really freaking fast and they claim to run Enhanced Client, and as someone said they are dexxers. I was told that the map system for the EC is better but I have honestly never tried it. I love my uoa and I have never been on who needed great graphics if the gameplay was solid.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
for the mapping i just run uocart.... it has all my needs, and the only problem i have is that uoa could do with more then 16 make your own macros

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calis M^N

Calis M^N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
uocart is good! but i need to have up the radar as well so that i can see other ships and obsticals that are coming up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
Eh, I love the Enhanced Client and will not infect my PC with the Classic. :)

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Eh, I love the Enhanced Client and will not infect my PC with the Classic. :)

Your stuck with the sick looking diseaesed version of UO then.

Some people just like pain with their pleasure, and the EC provides it. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

mindkrall

mindkrall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks everyone for all of your advice! Sounds like I will stick with the 2d client then :D

I would like to add that the map system IS very nice in EC though!

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Your stuck with the sick looking diseaesed version of UO then.

Some people just like pain with their pleasure, and the EC provides it. :)

I'm not sure what this means, as I haven't used the Classic Client in a long time. I -HATED- the Kingdom Reborn look though. When I look at pictures of the Classic Client, it looks reasonably the same to me. What am I missing?

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
oh oh! A CC vs EC flame fest! Count me in!

I play EC excluvisly these days and it beats the CC in all aspects. I PvP in the EC with dexxers and mages and never had a problem with that cast delay people are talking about.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
EC is just a waste of download and patching time... the day CC goes is the day I cancel all my subsriptions :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

EC is just a waste of download and patching time... the day CC goes is the day I cancel all my subsriptions :D

Oh, come on! At least make up some flimsy arguments so I can crush them with the superiority of the EC.

Anira Cuilwen

Anira Cuilwen

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Oh, come on! At least make up some flimsy arguments so I can crush them with the superiority of the EC.

EC is still missing a lot of the CC features. It does not provide the same custom housing opportunities, misses the chessboard and other mini game support. Destroys books content. Has a billion of graphic glitches. Currently a massive bug in the handling if the layers of the environment. Those you experience when decorating your house. And it simple lacks the charm of the CC.
However I use both clients depending on what I am going to do.

Citizen Office of Vesper
Europa Roleplay

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts

However I use both clients depending on what I am going to do.

That is a totally reasonable approach. Everyone should play the client she is comforable with. I couldn't care less about which client people are using. What I do care about is, when CC users start dissing the client I prefer. There's no reason to do that, noone's forcing them to upgrade if they don't want to. But by now I'm kinda used to such flame posts and am alternatingly bored or amused (and slightly irked) by it. So don't take my posts too serious if I wade into EC vs CC flame thread.

Oh, and you're right, house customizing in the EC is a bit trickier than in the CC. But this board/ thread is about PvP so I don't think that issue's very relevant to that ;)

And to finally contribute something to the OP question: I find that the EC is pretty handy for fights in the woods around Yew gate, because of the "auto-navigate around objects" option.

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
ok when i said i wouldn't infect my computer with it, the marco system in EC is just not to my tastes, i much more prefere uoa also uoa has some nice things that the ec client can't do, i did try and pvp with EC, i couldn't get the hang of it and the graphics just look..... well wrong in my eyes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]