Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Back from a long break, few questions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Shadowmage/cheech

Shadowmage/cheech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello All,
I've been gone for a few years now, and decided to reactivate this weekend. My mage is
120magery
120resist
120eval
120swords
120 med
and 100 inscription
Back when I was still active in pvp this was a decent template, using special abilities with weps to add extra dmg, and inscription for an extra 10% damage. I guess you can no longer use specials unless you have atleast 70 tactics, but does scribe still give you 10% damage bonus? IS this template even viable for pvp still?

Also, it's been a while since I've played so I don't know how active the pvp is now adays, my main is a red (Sonoma shard) and before since pvp was so active, I just accumulated tons of murder counts, but from logging on the other day, seems like most people spend their time in Trammel and Luna. Is it worth it to stay red? Or should i soul stone transfer to a blue character and rely on faction/spawn pvp?

Thanks all for taking the time to read, and for any advice you can offer.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I just posted to a similar question, sorry I dont feel like retyping it all, but basically you want to be a mystic something these days. Very few people still play pure mage , some still stick with necro, its almost all mystic now. Scribe still works for 10% sdi for pvp, however they added a new mod to it which is called casting focus. It adds 5% at gm scribe, casting focus is a chance that when you get interuppted you will continue to cast the spell as tho you were not interuppted. I often find it leads to me overcasting but if you stack your suit with casting focus (new mod on armors) or are carful about it you can find it to be very helpful.
I can see you havn't logged on in awhile and most of the big fights are no more, but you can still find good fights here and there. I left sonoma a few years ago and moved to chesapeake but recently chesapeake pvp has declined. Atl is the hottest shard for pvp, and I also think GL is decent, but I am east coast so I do not know how the west coast shards are populated. I say stay red, but I enjoy random pks along with large fights, going blue may be best until you see how pvp has changed and how faction works. Being a red factioner is hard because you have to deal with the guard hugging blues as well as the ojs.
If you want a challenge then stay away from mystic, if you want easy kills and large burst damage go mystic.

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
OH also most mages with your template switched to what is called a tactics mage, they swapped scribe for tactics basically..it works ok if you are a good good pure mage, but for the most part mystic will beat it

Shadowmage/cheech

Shadowmage/cheech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sweet, thanks for the advice. Atm I'm working on maxing out Mystic, I had focus on a blue char so when I moved over my reds skills I left swords off and kept 115 focus on this char, so all that was left was mysticism. I guess I'll give this a shot and see how it is, Tactics mage seems interesting too as I'm used to pure mage. I can't say I'm the best at pure mage pvp, but I did used to run with some og Sonoma pvpers and seemed on par with most reds I ran with. Looks like I'll give mystic mage a shot first, then soul stone mystic/focus and add in swords tactics and see what feels the most natural to me.