Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Account age rewards...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Venomusmc

Venomusmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
Now I for one am more than fine riding an ethereal horse... but many people enjoy being able to ride a polar or the reptilan. Which isn't a big deal since it's really just a look.
Now the +20 skill points and +5 stats...
5 stats isn't really that big of a deal in my opinion. Now the 20 skill points is a much bigger deal and I do think it's a tad bit harsh to force a player to play what 4 years to obtain max skill points? Thats a lot to ask.. $480 actually if your paying $120 a year in subscription... for a decent disadvantage.
Does anyone else atleast think they should allow players to buy this ability for their account? They added ethereals for new accounts (chargers).

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I have two accounts, one nearing 4 years, one just over 13 months. I would not want to see them change this. For one thing, some things are earned, and thus more valuable. Secondly, I am against the sale of things that improve the account outside of decorations and whatnot, and skill points are a fundamental base of that. I think it would be almost as bad as UO selling 'cash-only' weapons and armor. Those who could afford to spend more money would have an advantage that is not based on UO time & experience, but rather real world cash reserves. That is a trend I would not like to see come to fruition.

I've found that with a good guild behind you, and some careful/thoughtful consideration, you make make those "less than 720 skill points" rock monsters quite well. Sure, it takes a little more balancing, but I think it is worth it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.uoforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic8169_1.gif[/SIGPIC]

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I think the 700 points are fine.

one veteran reward thing I would change - is to make the basic mounts 1 year rewards.

Thorodin

Thorodin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
I agree with both responses so far. Things that are earned should not be able to be just bought. Some of the Vet rewards are useful and some are more a symbol of status of having been playing for so long. Personally I have a rather large disposable income and could afford to buy anything they decided to sell if I wanted it. However it means more to earn it, even if earning it only amounts to sticking with the game for so long. I like that they sell some game enhancing stuff (I understand why many are against it though), but there should always be a lot of stuff that has to be earned, won, or achieved. Being able to have an ethy horse or other basic ridable would be a good idea after 1 year.

Riboflavin

Riboflavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
No, cause there should be some rewards/advantages for people who have shown some dedication. Who have gone through thick and thin with the game/company/club whatever. And these should not be purchasable by money. Why not? Two reasons...
Cause dedication can't be bought with money. It would just dilute the rewards.
And secondly. As the name "reward" suggests it is an item/act/advantage which recognizes some effort. In this case, staying with the game for some time.
As Maeglid said, one can get balance the skills in a way that the "missing" points wont matter that much. With all this imbuing and whatnot, even easier then ever before. And people who have now the +20 in skill points had to wait too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zigglefriggit

Zigglefriggit

The Lost One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I agree with everyone here skill points should NEVER be bought but would it kill the developers to add 5 more stat points after a few more years? lets say 5 for every 5 years of play? or would that be unfair? (borderline question to me)

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Long-time players should certainly be rewarded in some fashion, but not in a game-changing way. The +5 skill points the first few years encourages loyalty, but is perhaps a bit too long in terms of fairness, perhaps should be cut in half to maxing at 2 years. I think most long-time players already have advantage enough with knowledge, riches, top equipment, past event-only items, etc. I'd rather see bling-bling awesome kewl stuff wearables/mounts/deco on ancient players than over-uber powerful items.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.