Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Many collectors here?

- - - - - collectors

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
How is the rares collector community here on uoforums? It's definitely one of my...addictions.:grin:

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Snowy

Snowy

Pretty Nice Disguise, isn't it?

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I have quite a few nice items.... no really GOOD old things though, unless I have missed noticing it. I lack 4 busts having the full set, have all the snowglobes and odds and ends items such as 10000 diamond jewelry, full set and 100000 diamond wedding band, and a bottle of eggnog that someone tried to destroy by drinking.. Imagine.. drinking it!! It has ONE drink left in it, and a couple practice weapons.. that sort of things.

~

"It's definitely a Bubble Bath Day.". ~ Dove Promise

~

Keven1

Keven1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
With my many accounts I have acquired over the years I have quite a collection of rares. Probaly to much but I am a packrat:grin:

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
I have a few nice pieces, but wish I had more. I just don't have the gold to purchase the nice stuff.
Posted Image

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
I have a few things. I got all mine from IDOCs never bought a single one.
Got my Pumice(one of the "I wanted it my whole UO life" rares) also got myself a Tray, tons of other stuff too. Just trying to think....oh ya an open book(another wanted it my whole UO life rare).
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

woody

woody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
i am really really in to the rares. my collection is extensive
Posted Image

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I have a few good items, some server briths and em items. On legends it is hard to find any, guess we are too young to have gotten anything. I know alot of rares are found on europa, so evey so often, I go there and buy a item and then return to legends

Posted Image

Darri Lien

Darri Lien

Timeless Treasures Proprietor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Ive lost a few nice items over the years, had an ex wipe my acct once, then lost a house while inactive for a year. In the past year though, Tov and I have done quite a bit of collecting, and have found some rather nice items. Probably nothing extremely rare, but a few nice things and several just odd things, alot of old school items. An original house deed, interior house door key, coal armor, some event items, html jewels/runebooks, a few of the old regs like pumice, wyrms heart, dragon blood etc Some of the items are displayed at the auction house, most of the rest are on display at our house right next door to the auction house. Still a few things in storage, and still a long list of items Id still like to get ahold of lol

Flutter

Flutter

The Secret World

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
It's my biggest interest in UO right now.
While I can't afford much I like to research and find out about all the things other people can afford to have :P

If I didn't have to spend so much money on +20 Magery scrolls I would have more rares LOL

Posted Image

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.' - Albert Einstein

Kreegan

Kreegan

Proud Member Of...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
I've just started getting into it and wqhile we're on the subject....

I'm looking for a Royal Guard Artisan Full Apron for my Smith, I don't care if it's on a different shard as I'm willing to come pick it up.

Let me know.

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
I got a few of my goodies from my oldest son. He gave me the account over 4 years ago, and has played his own account for.. hmmmm I think he started the end of the year UO was one year old. I also got a nice handful from happening to be mining when a house fell right beside me in a remote area at 2 am. I actually got every single item in the house! It was a log cabin, so not terribly huge amount, but nice. Makes you hungry for more! :laugh:

Then I shopped to complete my set of Snowglobes and Busts... am still looking for Kyrnia, Zendelia Kryss, Martoo Saul, G'Thunk, Sage Humbolt, Lathiari and Gilforn. Wow... :'( I thought I only needed 3 or 4... sigh... haven't looked at my list in a while.

~

~

sir TEDLEY

sir TEDLEY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
im also a pack rat i went from a 18x18 with 0 lockdowns to a castle with 5 left but thats changeing im filling my bods LOLOL

Terrance

Terrance

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
I'm trying to complete my busts collection as well, though it's a lot more difficult since I'm collection them in only one color.

I also keep running the collector's quest and assembling the obsidian statues with a character named "The Lost King". Someday I'll get the 1 in 1,000 that takes the name of the character who assembled it.

"It isn't over. Your footprints will never fade from Britannia. You shaped
a world of rich treasures and virtuous character. Children who idolized
you have grown into men and women who seek to walk your path.
That's your legacy, Lord British. It's a marvelous thing."

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

I'm trying to complete my busts collection as well, though it's a lot more difficult since I'm collection them in only one color.

I also keep running the collector's quest and assembling the obsidian statues with a character named "The Lost King". Someday I'll get the 1 in 1,000 that takes the name of the character who assembled it.

I tried to do all one color as well, but ended up selecting a rainbow ranging through the blues and into purples. I flatly refuse to have the sick green or yellow ones. Unless I find one of those last 8 I need and it's the sick colors... I will have to accept that one I suppose! :laugh:

Yes, that WOULD be a find! I wish you luck on that search!

One of my 'vaguer' collections is runes. I have a wonderful selection of old runes 'inside' places you shouldn't be able to go and rooftops... some of which don't work anymore. Am VERY sad about that!

~

~

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

I run that quest with my nox mage, saving all the pieces then giving them to my Smith Lord of the Abyss.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
i love rares, i mostly collect rares that i think look good. i have a few event items also. the only rares i have are like bucket of water, white deamon bone armor, green champain glass, dread lord head, and tons of lesser rares. Then i have three catskills event items Gladiator Boots, Pure Ice White Brit Guard Sash, and Lenshire Chan Tabard Surcoat. Not too much compared to some people but its a start.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I had quite a few unique items from past EM events on Sonoma and Pacific.. however I donated them some time ago to a friend's museum on Sonoma.

Snowy

Snowy

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

im also a pack rat i went from a 18x18 with 0 lockdowns to a castle with 5 left but thats changeing im filling my bods LOLOL

I completely understand that! Even with Bod Books those things HOG space! I really don't understand why they count as more than one even when full. I mean, books are pages.. many many pages... Bods are 'pages' in the BoD books.... irksome.. but still better than having to keep them in a chest in piles!!!

~

~

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

however I donated them some time ago to a friend's museum on Sonoma.

Oh? which museum?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I still add now and then to my collection, maybe once a month if I can

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collectors