Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Mystic Dex Template

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I need help on a mystic dex template? Any ideas on what i should be?

Also a suit? thx -swords79

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Either:
Swords, bushido, tactics, resist, parry, myst, focus (Very hard to make the numbers balance out, you need to overcap resist (having 120 resist +35 resist skill points in items) in order to run with protection in order to be effective. Most people play the template as a one trick pony, but I assure you there are more trick than spell plague-nerve strike-nerve strike.

Or:
Fencing, tactics, parry, resist, mysticism, focus all to 120

This is a more fun template to me, and learns ya to rely on different tactics, not only for survival, but for offense as well. Balancing weapons specials with different mysticism offenses can be fun.

But spell plague abuse is still your bread-and-butter.

Suit has extra resist spells skill points, DCI, HCI, Hit lower defense, Hit lower attack, LMC, LRC and mana increase. Try to fit in hit point increases if you can.

These are just basic ideas to get you started.
Posted Image

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Any suggestions on a suit?

liquidsmoke

liquidsmoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I would say pack on a lot of mana increase and lmc because in my experience mystic is very mana heavy as is nerve strike. From what I have seen from similar templates is that if the combo doesn't kill you will be in trouble. The issue with a hybrid type of character is the suits, you need everything and its super hard when you try to do an LRC suit with it. I have never played this template but I have attempted many "tactics" mage builds as well as necro dexxers. I did LRC suit for the mages, the best I ever made was in factions with the increased bonus's from the key artifacts I chose to use. I think a Spirit of the Totem is key in a hybrid build for its mods, the 20 str is a huge bonus and the 15 HCI is very good as well. For the dexxers I ran regs and used arcane clothing when in a situation that I should die. The thing with the dexxer is that I am first and formost a dexxer, with casting as a backup, where as the mages were casters with meelee ability.

For your template I would say HCI is more important then DCI since you need to hit in order to trigger spell plauge. I don't believe it is a lasting type template who will fight long drawn out battles, but a quick explosive killer who combos.

Mana increase and LMC would be critical, however you must swing quickly so you need stamina/dex and of course the hit points. If you run parry then you must be at least 80 dex, and I would go even higher for the curse counter. I think a 50 ep ring or high EP on the suit would go a long way, the potion heal of course but more so for the str/dex potions to allow for more mana.

This is all speculative as I have never played this template...however I have played similar ones. I think the biggest thing you have to not worry about is the LRC, that will just make the suit a nitemare and perhaps HCI/DCI on the weapon to assist in getting them high...remeber that you need a Spell Channelling weapon in order to use mystic and I don't suggest using enchant to achieve this because it doesn't last very long...but then again this seems to be a combo, hit or miss type. A lot of people worry a lot about corpse skin however I honestly don't see the sense in packing on HUGE fire and poison resist these days I rarely see a necro mage, and with the cleansing winds heal and apples it wouldn't stick long anyways...I say run higher phyical resistance in order to have the option of using a protection scroll in cases of spell plauge getting interuppted a lot. I do suggest keeping fire at 60 when corpse skinned, but over that I don't see the point.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
For someone who never played the template, your advice is fairly sound.

I disagree with not having LRC, since mysticism reagents aren't always easy to come by. They don't sell all of them at the mystic. But if you can get the reagents, then by all means, leave out LRC, it will free up space for other useful mods.

There's no real way to make the suit without sacrificing something. The popular version sacrifices faster casting to always run with protection, so stack up that physical resist!

If you can stay in protection, there's no reason to ever die one-on-one. Your cleansing winds will not only heal up to 50 points of damage, but will also cure poisons and remove curses, so the only way to kill you is to stack up the damage very quickly.

My priority list for mods:
DCI, HCI (both at 50 or more)
Mana!
Hit points
Resists
LMC
(all of those are critical)
Then you run with the choices of EP, FC, FCR, LRC, DI (note, damage increase isn't vital since you'll be using low damage weapons, and your damage comes from spells and weapon specials. But DI is still nice).

When alone, spell plague, bleed, disarm and nerve strike are your fun moves. In groups, add in area effect spells and mass sleep.
Posted Image

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
tyvm for the suggestions. Any other suggestions on Spell Combos,Gear and others things will be most helpful... :)

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I hate those bushido mystics. Bloody nerve strike!

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm