Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Archer/Bushido?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I have just returned to UO after 7 years, so bare with me if this doesn't make sense:

120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
100 Poisoning
20 Focus???

Is that a template that can be strong and succesful in PvP? What would you change and why? :huh

What should I do with my stats?
I can do 255 total.
35(not sure what I need intellect for if anything)

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Resist. Must have resist. What do you hope to achieve with poisoning? Most of the archers I see are focused on AI.

~M

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
why have ai when you can do ai damage of 35 for a grand total of 3 mana if you have a lmc suit, and also since one of the patches you get a penality for using specials one after another

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
What would I replace for resist? Poisoning?

And what is AI?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
as i have stated in other threads if you have resist then have it at 120, since nothing else is good enough,

AI = Armour Ignore, the cap damage is 35hp in pvp, but you will find with hit spell and hit velocity on the bow that you can go over that.

also there is no need to have chiv at 120, in pvp and tbh in pvm 75 is more then enough, most of the time i have 70, 40 in real skill and +15 on ring, and +15 on bracelet,

you can cut skill point spending on tactics also, i tend to have 90 real skill then 30 on ring and bracelet.

same with archery, 100 real skill and then + 20 on hunter's headdress, by my estimation with that setup you will have 150 points spare. (since if human you will have 20 jack of all trades skill points in focus anyway)

what i would then do is put 90 healing on, then use enhanced bandages (these will then give you an extra +10 in healing making it in effect gm healing)

then with the 60 points stick it in med, that will give you 6 mr of skill plus if human joat focus making it 7 mana regeneration.

but.... *Shrugs* thats just me if i was to make that template....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
How come not 120 Healing? or 110 + 10 bandages?

So hows this look:
100 archery + 20 headdress
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 Bushido
40 Chivalry + 30 jewelry
100 healing + 10 bandages
120 resist
=720

(Also, if you have 120 tactics and you are wearing +30 in tactics jewelry does it count as 150 tactics?)

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
no you have 90 tactics and have +30 to make it to 120, you can't go above 120...

and also the reason why for 90 healing is because for a pvp template you need to use the min amount of points so that you can spend them better and also even thou you can have suit mana regen it is always best to have 5 or more mr in skill. and also because in my opinion since you have chiv and should have enhanced apples that the 120 resist as it is in the game at the moment is a complete waste of skill points

Resist magic is the one skill i never train because of skills like chiv, mystic you can get rid of curses, with apples you can get rid of curses thou there is a 20 second timer between uses, with low level tinker dart trap boxes you can get out of paralise, with joat magery and teleport scrolls you can get out of being trapped in energy fields, and with your template, you have chiv, bandages and since the balanced mod on bows should be a given then you should have 50 enhanced potions on your jewles and use greater cure potions to deal with being poisoned.

with that in mind why do you need 120 magic resist?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I am not an accomplished pvper, but it seems to me that without resist you are going to get a lot of mana vamp/spell plague/curse/corpse skin/dead thrown at you.

An ABC pvper without mana is just a guy with a couple of pointy sticks. No AI, no moving shot...

~M

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Because you guys said I should. :P

What should I have instead of 120 magic resist then?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
suit building is another matter, i can get hit with an evil omen corpes skin and still have 70 fire resist, as for mana vamp with an abc you have lightning strike which if you have 40 lmc then that costs 3 mana, then you have stat increases on your armour, most of my builds have gm alch on them so i tend to have 104 str 114 dex and then 75 isn intell, with 80 ep thats 140 str, 150 dex and with mana increase normally around the 100 mana mark.

150 dex + a magical short bow or even a repeating xbow with 30 ssi also have 45 hci means that a mage is really going to struggle to cast anything and you just wear then down that was, with a magic shot bow it also helps to have hit lightning and hit velocity to cause more damage.

with that set up i don't bother using an apple or remove curse on corpes skin, curses I do, mana vamp normally they are too disrupted to even cast it, and by that stage healing spell will be number one on the agenda, spell plauge can be appled or remove cursed off.

with 120 bush you should also have a hiryu and also a double hit spell Yumi for double shot, one them hit and it is bye bye 90 odd hp of damage, an normal xbow with 40ssi is very fast also and concussion wipes out a mages mana pool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks for that info!

What should I have instead of the 120 resist?

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
at the end of the day.... it is up to you, all i have done is said what I would do, its down to personal choice, and down to what your playstyle is...

saying that....

you will need some mana regen and if it was me i would have 90 tactics +30 skill, so the template would look like this....

100 archery + 20 headdress
90 tactics + 30 jewelry
120 anatomy
120 Bushido
40 Chivalry + 30 jewelry
90 healing + 10 bandages
100 alchemy
60 med

Skill total = 810 points

i would also have a lesser Hiryu as my mount

bows of choice would be:
Yumi
Xbow
Heavy X
Magical Short bow

you will have running shot with the heavy X, you ai's have been replaced by lightning strikes which means that all these bows will have ai, concussion, mortal, the lightning special on the short bow is really nice, dismount and double shot

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Is there a specific shortbow you are talking about?

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
nm, just realized that magical shortbow is a weapon type

TrackStar

TrackStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Is there jewelry that lets you recieve a total of +60 in skill points? I thought the max was +30? (15 on ring and bracelet)

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
you can imbue it

+15 of tactics and +15 of chiv on each piece

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Evolus

Evolus

Worst Tamer Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Might I suggest that you do away with Chivalry all together and add on 85 ninjitsu for pvp? Basically ninjitsu lets you usually avoid a dismount gank. If you get dismounted you hit evasion, spam mirror images, and then eventually jump in llama form. Trust me, ninjitsu is a must for pvp if you want to survive.

Archery - 120 (Forget Hunters...use mace and shield.)
Tactics: 90
Anatomy - 95
Bushido - 120
Healing - 90 (Use enhanced bandages)
Resist Spells - 120
Ninjitsu - 85

Total - 720 (You can always increase tactics or anatomy with jewelry.)

Try to get as close to 100 Damage Increase on your armor so you don't have to waste that mod on your weps.

Also, use pots and make sure your ring and bracelet both have 25 Enhance Potions so you can get full heals from heal pots.

Basically this template will let you deal nice damage and also be very defensive. I would recommend if you are joining factions get mace and shield and storm grip. Also you want your stamina to be as close to 181 as possible so you can get the fastest possible moving shots.