Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Fishing Templates

7 replies to this topic

Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Anyone care to share the template they're using on Test, against the new pirates and monsters?

Thanks!

Nimuaq

Nimuaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
The same character template I use for treasure hunts does ok (not great, but ok) against the pirates which is a mystic thunter/fisher that relies on rising colossus to kill and cleansing winds to heal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
..I, like you, once desired my freedom from the limits placed on me. I watched in disgust as this world became engrossed with the preaching of virtue and none of the practice..

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
After last nights EM Event pitted us against a Leviathan (Guardian) that was making some attack that wiped out the ships crew in one instant I'm going to work on shifting Fishing to my Peace/Tamer. Definitely need the horsepower. Packing in another 120 points of skill is going to be a neat trick though.

Felt like a flashback to going after the bosses in UO:ML dungeons. OOOoooOOOooo.... <laugh>

Flashbacks to the days of Killer DMs in D&D. <g>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Im happy with this:

Magery 110.0
Fishing 101.3
Cartography 100.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Lockpicking 100.0
Stealth 100.0
Evaluating Intelligence 93.6

I do Thunts alone, not lvl 7 though. I do peerless with this etc.. no problem :)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
my setup currently, is just for fishing and nothing else really, its basic but does the trick i guess, any suggestions would be welcomed.

right now:
mage 120
med 120
focus 120
mystic 107.4
resist 120
fishing 110

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
make sure you leave some space on there for 120 Fishi.... AHAHAHAHAA!!!

my little joke of the week :)

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Nimuaq

Nimuaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

right now:
med 120
resist 120

I think these skills are not necessary. Focus already gives some mana regeneration bonus and the rest can be obtained from items.

I'd add lockpicking and cartography on this char and use the extra 40 points to fishing and mysticism. I know it'll be hard to give up on 120 meditation and resist but you can double the fun with a fisher/t hunter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
..I, like you, once desired my freedom from the limits placed on me. I watched in disgust as this world became engrossed with the preaching of virtue and none of the practice..

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I see what your saying about the treasure hunter temp. I can easily move those skills around since I have them stoned and I will once I start T hunting. I have been saving up MIBs like crazy and I got a bunch of fishing nets as well, not to mention many tmaps. In a couple of months I will be at my 4th year anniversary and will have a 720 skill cap. And once i do get 120 fishing (LOL) I will have my current temp at:

med, mage, focus, mystic, resist, fishing all at 120

Plus I totally understand the reasoning as well behind dropping the focus but I use it now for mystic as it is like eval intel for magery..
I also have a suit that I imbued with the max total mana regen +18.. LOL I regen like crazy...

Reply to this topic