Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Reports of bans

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
so were you nervous cuz you were locked in there or cuz you were suddenly in a bath house with a GM? :)

bucs den bath house next to a GM.

---

I hate UO Crabbing :fishing: :crabby:

UOGuide - The Ultima Online wiki that anyone can edit.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Reading that thread gave me a headache, so I banned myself from UHall.

If anyone ever wanted an example as to why Stratics/UHall has the reputation that it does, they only need to read that thread.

Or the 9/11 commeration thread made by Queen mum which got locked after about 12 replies, due to trolling, lol.

Regarding the topic at hand, I doubt we'll ever know for sure when, or how many have been banned, but I'd imagine at this point, they're going after the repeat offenders who use programs like EasyUO.

damkil316

damkil316

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

The New York Times instead of the National Enquirer. :reye

I have been calling Stratics "The Tabloid" for years. Hate it and and do everything I can to avoid it. The atmosphere here is much better.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I'm not saying that any site/forum is any better than the other, but don't... step in what you fling.

I like almost every aspect there is about UOF, except for one thing... the badmouthing of another community site (or in this case one of their forums), in a gaming community small enough already that division kills what little is left of the out-of-game community that is left.

Sorry for my rant, but fansite rivalries annoy the crap out of me.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Youre right Nok, but it's like a restaurant - there's a difference between complaining about the food and complaining about the service. One is about personal tastes, the other about reasonable expectation.

I'm not saying that any site/forum is any better than the other, but don't... step in what you fling.

I like almost every aspect there is about UOF, except for one thing... the badmouthing of another community site (or in this case one of their forums), in a gaming community small enough already that division kills what little is left of the out-of-game community that is left.

Sorry for my rant, but fansite rivalries annoy the crap out of me.

---

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can see how it would come across as Fansite rivalry, but my post wasn't meant as so.

Tancreds example is perfect, it's a bit like commenting on the audience/customers of a pub/restaurant.

UOForums is a bit like a local, friendly village pub, with constant regulars who behave themselves.
It has fewer staff, fewer people who visit, but is generally friendlier and well mannered.

Stratics is like the pub which is in the centre of town, it's bigger, has more staff, is more popular, but also suffers as a result of it's popularity, by attracting all "types" of punters. (So to speak)

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Uh, us Americans don't know what "punters" are...

---

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Lol, customers, basically.

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
Back on topic, I've not heard of anyone I know getting banned and I've not heard of anyone "innocent" getting banned (nor have I ever). In the past I've trained at Jhelom or practiced on a golem or trained parry with sheep in the North Jhelom fields, but I've always been at the keyboard, or sorta watching while I play my DS. (Though Ashlynn I trained solely in Shame, skills rise much quicker these days I think).

I HAVE seen speedhacking in the past though and things like that are obvious when you see them (well, were a number of years ago). Can't help but think it's those sorta people getting banned. And maybe some of the people just doing obvious unattended training on a golem outside Luna moongate. Although everything I've read suggests you get a warning (by being teleported to that building in Buccaneers Den) before you get banned in the case of doing stuff unattended.
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

Tancred RedStar

Tancred RedStar

Balron Snack

• Members
  • 5,379 posts
Well I can certainly understand the frustration with speedhacking. I don't pvp seriously, but given all the work put into skillgain, stat and pscrolling up, then all the high-end hammers/kits and Imbuing to get a nice set of gear only to have it all for nothing when someone is skipping around and past you. Same for scripting, why toil away gathering resources when someone's got an army of bots chopping/mining/etc. 24/7.

---

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
As an addition, any of my dislike for UHall is entirely unrelated to their site itself, but to the type of users on it.

Using the british pub analogy, think of it like they've got a nice big pub, but unfortunately it's full of chavs.

Ashlarrr

Ashlarrr

Myconid Herder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
It's really only the UHall forum I think. The other subforums like Homes and Castles and the EC forum tend to be much nicer and more rational places.
Typesetter and Reporter for the PaxLair Times.

Corvak

Corvak

Huzzah!!

• Members
  • 3,808 posts
I don't mind the subforums, honestly. I've gotten a lot of useful info from them, especially regarding UI mods for new clients. I post on the Catskills forum and read the others regularly.

It's just the size, I don't feel comfortable in a forum that big.

The largest forum for any MMO tends to have a lot of negativity being posted - everyone with a problem wants to tell someone about it and rant, the people without problems are..well playing the game. The people posting how every game is "broken" are a vocal minority in almost every case.

The same type of people sit on the WoW general forum, and their class and server forums are fine in comparaison.

It's not Stratics' fault that UHall is the way it is, its the way MMO communities work.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
FYI...

Shard #1
- no raiders anywhere.
- reports of, at least, 2 members of a guild banned.
- Rumour of 72 hour bans.

Shard #2
- some raiders running around.
- reports of, at least, 3 members missing major accounts.

Shard #3
- Felucca was empty.
- report of 5 members of the same guild getting 72 hour ban.

Missing reports from Baja, Pacific and Chessie...

From the easy site private message boards...
- proof of several perma bans... and why they got banned. (no info about 72h)

From some pvping private boards where scripts are shared...
- proof of several bans... and why they got banned. (some perma, some 72h)

Long live the devs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Years ago, I used to playl in Fel and I had appreciation for the honor of it's "rawness". I had a house there, it was okay. A lot of RPing and a bit more "open" play. It just seemed that speedhackers came along and the lose of honor went up. I ended up focusing on other interests over the years.

Not to get into a Fel/Tram debate, but I am glad if speedhackers are addressed. That was what I couldn't compete with. And competing is okay. So are murderers.

Clex

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
I do love the competition... the challenge... the multi layered (not 2D,3D but) ND Chess game we play in Ultima.

Murderers are ok... except when they are technologically so advanced that they break the Terms of Service...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Robert Falcon

Robert Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I'm just glad to see that things are moving in the right direction, I may even go back to Fel if this keeps up! Thank you UO for taking a step in the right direction and making the game better bit by bit.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
with all do respect, stratics is a waste of time, i wouldn't even go there if they didn't have the t-map sub-site(*coughs* Adam *coughs*). there are too
many feeble minded people there. personally i think the average age of most posters are drastically younger compared to this site. i play a lot of factions on alt. if there aren't a bigger bunch of speed hackers here, i have never seen the like. its always the usual people. no bans, suspensions nothing. it gets soooooo laggy in big fights(commonly thought of when speed hackers are around)but nothing. if they can see anything remotely close to server side actions they would find it there. i for one will call BS on this whole thread and even the thought of them trying to stop third party users. with that being said, its all just a game after all.....and if you have to cheat to win, whats the point? thank you for reading my brief rant and i truly hope i didn't offend any stratics users/posters :P.

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

The people posting how every game is "broken" are a vocal minority in almost every case.

Are you saying that there's nothing broken in UO and that the game is just fine with nothing worth complaining about?

I am quite curious.

Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos

UOForums Owner/EOGamer CEO

• Administrators
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Or the 9/11 commeration thread made by Queen mum which got locked after about 12 replies, due to trolling, lol.

Sadly it seemed like that was locked for other reasons. Normally they clean the thread and give infractions to any trolls, but they simply locked the thread and let it slip off the front page. :(